+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Starmer will be investigated by Durham Police ( crazy why now )

Re: Starmer will be investigated by Durham Police ( crazy why now )

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I do think it's better on here it allows all views and more contributions like or hate them.

Perhaps it's becoming more of a Libertarian messagboard ?
    I sort of agree but I have no idea what a Libertarian messagboard looks like. It was more the inconsistency. I thought that's what moderators were there for. Every time I look for the moderation rules I end up in a dead end so I can't be sure whether your racist, misogynistic posts offend the Board's policy or not. That's the best thing about Libertarian messagboards I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I dont get it, I know Starmer / Labour will say its due to him being honourable etc etc

If they think by him going it will mean they can score points over the tories during the next decade they must be mad, as the whole scenario I listed it just crazy and as time goes on most will think that ( unless you are a member of CCMB )

but if the Labour Party thought he was the man to make the UK better ( and he could well be ) , then just apologise and move on, Give the guy a chance to make difference ( same goes for Raynor )
    Why apologise? He says hes done no wrong.

If thats found not to be true he should resign and he said he will.

Honourable not sure if thats the right word but definitely if fined the right thing to do.

Im pretty certain hes not getting fined though.

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    You do know Starmer has come from working class roots? His mother a nurse and his father a factory worker?

I don’t support him but calling him posh is doing him a disservice
    I think if you check you'll find that the factory he worked in was in fact owned by Mr Starmer.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    'Clearly denying for months', I think they were asked twice if she was there before admitting they had ****ed up. She was the chair of party and head of campaigning, it isn't a massive surprise she was present for a huge by-election. I don't even know why it is relevant, does having her there make it a party?

Boris has been making new lies up to cover up old ones for over 6 months now.
    OK you're right. I would have expected her to be there but she could have corrected the 'Honest mistake' immediately it was made. She chose not to which then turned it from an honest mistake to what some would see as an attempt to hide something. If she was so convinced nothing was wrong she should have out her hand up. The fact that she didn't raises questions about her integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think if you check you'll find that the factory he worked in was in fact owned by Mr Starmer.
    Source?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Source?
    No I don't think so. It made industrial tools not sauce.

https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2021/0...sity-nickname/

https://labourheartlands.com/keir-st...little-grifts/

Neither of those links show any evidence that his father owned a factory.

The first one says that he owned his own business (nothing about owning a factory) but doesn't provide any evidence.

The second one just says that he owned a factory without backing that claim up. I don't think that's enough information for you to be declaring that Kier Starmer's father owned a factory and Kier Starmer has been misleading with his comments.

I've done a bit of Googling and there isn't any evidence online of his dad owning a factory.

A Conservative blog and a pro-Corbyn blog saying Starmer's dad was not a factory worker is not evidence that his dad owned a factory, unfortunately.

He belongs to a very strange group that Henry Kissinger and Jeffrey Epstein also had association with its some form of globalist thing ??? God knows how you get an application form ?

https://dorseteye.com/what-mystery-o...ave-in-common/

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He belongs to a very strange group that Henry Kissinger and Jeffrey Epstein also had association with its some form of globalist thing ??? God knows how you get an application form ?

https://dorseteye.com/what-mystery-o...ave-in-common/
    "It's some form of globalist thing ???"

Please, continue and enlighten us.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Neither of those links show any evidence that his father owned a factory.

The first one says that he owned his own business (nothing about owning a factory) but doesn't provide any evidence.

The second one just says that he owned a factory without backing that claim up. I don't think that's enough information for you to be declaring that Kier Starmer's father owned a factory and Kier Starmer has been misleading with his comments.

I've done a bit of Googling and there isn't any evidence online of his dad owning a factory.

A Conservative blog and a pro-Corbyn blog saying Starmer's dad was not a factory worker is not evidence that his dad owned a factory, unfortunately.
    So because the 2 reports, from either end of te political spectrum, disagree with your politics you refuse to believe there may be some truth in them.

So because the 2 reports, from either end of te political spectrum, disagree with your politics you refuse to believe there may be some truth in them.
    No, I refuse to believe that there may be some truth in them because they have provided no evidence to back up their claims. I don't like to believe everything I read without there being sources and evidence to back up the information.

Why do you believe that he was lying about his father? Is it because it suits your politics?

Anyone can make an unverified claim on the internet. I could start an anti-xsnaggle blog and include a piece about how xsnaggle drowns puppies in his spare time - but that doesn't make it true.

Do you not think that if the claims that his father owned a factory was true then it would have come to light in one of the mainstream right-wing tabloids by now? I mean, it would be pretty easy to find out for any journalist and would make a great story about how the leader of the opposition has been lying to the public about his roots.

Lol

He was employed as a toolmaker he did not own it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    He was employed as a toolmaker he did not own it.
    Plenty of stuff on this if you google which suggests the factory was owned by Starmer's father but no hard evidence.

International

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    that is because you are left leaning and therefore you'll not have common ground with Johnson. You also ignore the crux of my point entirely. Johnson never criticises anyone else for their own perceived (lack of) moral compass, which means he doesn't leave himself exposed for the same kind of criticism Starmer now finds himself subject to. If you are going to claim the moral high ground, you really do need no skeletons in the closet.

I quite like Starmer, but if he is issued with a FPN, its going to be hard for him to remain in post.
    Spot on Starmer has dug himself a hole and keeps on digging he was so stupid.

Technically Boris had a cake in his house and workplace with work colleagues (mostly), Starmer travelled miles and had beer and curry with other people who had all travelled from other parts of the country (far greater covid risk), reports some were drunk, so worse.

I think he'll get off and not be found guilty, but the damage has been done, he's just the same as Boris and the rest, one rule for them one rule for rest, although I'm amazed that their are some people that thought any different?

Boris will hope Starmer keeps his job, he's boring with no personality and voters aren't taking to him, and now he can't even claim the moral high ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Plenty of stuff on this if you google which suggests the factory was owned by Starmer's father but no hard evidence.
    Plenty of stuff on how 5G causes COVID if you Google it but no hard evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Spot on Starmer has dug himself a hole and keeps on digging he was so stupid.

Technically Boris had a cake in his house and workplace with work colleagues (mostly), Starmer travelled miles and had beer and curry with other people who had all travelled from other parts of the country (far greater covid risk), reports some were drunk, so worse.

I think he'll get off and not be found guilty, but the damage has been done, he's just the same as Boris and the rest, one rule for them one rule for rest, although I'm amazed that their are some people that thought any different?

Boris will hope Starmer keeps his job, he's boring with no personality and voters aren't taking to him, and now he can't even claim the moral high ground.
    Just the same, although one made the rules, one told the country pretty much daily to follow them, and one lied to parliament about it.

Can't remember which one that is, they're so similar.

International

lets be honest here, its all a farce

but lets look at the scenario

a group of people all sit in the same room / office working ( which was in the rules if they felt they couldnt work from home )

the same group order a Indian takeaway and beer / wine , now they sit down with the same people as they have spent the day with and eat that curry and drink a beer or 2, this is now wrong

I know we had Covid rules for a purpose, but lets have some common sense, the above scenario shows it was a joke in some instances

now its happened to both party leaders, maybe its to put it to bed, Boris has apologised and isn't going to resign, Starmer can do the same and maybe both get on with doing the jobs they are paid to do
    I've always agreed that it's a storm in a teacup, neither should have offered to resign, travelling miles and meeting different people from all different parts of the country is more of a covid risk though, but it was for a by-election so had to happen, we need some common sense lot's of people broke covid rules like five mile travel etc.

give people a plausible option and they will believe what they want, no matter how many mental gymnastics are required to get there.

since the downing Street parties issue started having an impact on the opinion polls toy can guarantee that the Tories have been desperately searching for something similar, no matter how weak, to tar Kier Starmer with. they've hit upon a pretty weak example tbh but the tabloids are running with it and plenty of people who lean Tory but were not impressed by the downing Street parties will have convinced themselves that "they're all as bad as each other ".

this is the modern way, you don't need proof, you just need a counter narrative and people will fill in the gaps in their own heads.

Starmer will very likely be cleared by the Durham police, but the whole exercise will have served its purpose by then

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Just the same, although one made the rules, one told the country pretty much daily to follow them, and one lied to parliament about it.

Can't remember which one that is, they're so similar.
    One made the rules the other agreed to them, both told the country to follow them as did Drakeford in Wales, both have told parliament they don't think the broke the rules so the same. Only difference is one did it in his office with mostly people he worked with, the other travelled hundreds of miles and mixed with friends and colleagues who he doesn't normally work with, so greater chance of community transmission.

One said it's terrible and anyone doing it should resign when he knew he'd done the same himself, what a school boy error!

lets be honest here, its all a farce

but lets look at the scenario

a group of people all sit in the same room / office working ( which was in the rules if they felt they couldnt work from home )

the same group order a Indian takeaway and beer / wine , now they sit down with the same people as they have spent the day with and eat that curry and drink a beer or 2, this is now wrong

I know we had Covid rules for a purpose, but lets have some common sense, the above scenario shows it was a joke in some instances

now its happened to both party leaders, maybe its to put it to bed, Boris has apologised and isn't going to resign, Starmer can do the same and maybe both get on with doing the jobs they are paid to do
    here is the False equivalence the Tories have been trying to sow.

one are some food with people he was working with and the other attended a succession of parties.

one has been found to have done wrong and fined, the other will almost certainly not be fined.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    One made the rules the other agreed to them, both told the country to follow them as did Drakeford in Wales, both have told parliament they don't think the broke the rules so the same. Only difference is one did it in his office with mostly people he worked with, the other travelled hundreds of miles and mixed with friends and colleagues who he doesn't normally work with, so greater chance of community transmission.

One said it's terrible and anyone doing it should resign when he knew he'd done the same himself, what a school boy error!
    Has Starmer said that in parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    here is the False equivalence the Tories have been trying to sow.

one are some food with people he was working with and the other attended a succession of parties.

one has been found to have done wrong and fined, the other will almost certainly not be fined.
    In all seriousness though, do you think staff in the office giving Boris Johnson a cake on his birthday, in their own office, when he had been in intensive care and all the rest of it, is materially worse than what Starmer has done.

The parties in Downing St offices are something else and a worse situation, but thinking specifically about the cake?

My point is that neither scenario is the crime of the century

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    In all seriousness though, do you think staff in the office giving Boris Johnson a cake on his birthday, in their own office, when he had been in intensive care and all the rest of it, is materially worse than what Starmer has done.

The parties in Downing St offices are something else and a worse situation, but thinking specifically about the cake?

My point is that neither scenario is the crime of the century
    In all seriousness, given that you've surely written more words on this subject that anyone else on ccmb, do you think it's just about Johnson eating a cake?