+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Starmer will be investigated by Durham Police ( crazy why now )

Re: Starmer will be investigated by Durham Police ( crazy why now )

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    In all seriousness though, do you think staff in the office giving Boris Johnson a cake on his birthday, in their own office, when he had been in intensive care and all the rest of it, is materially worse than what Starmer has done.

The parties in Downing St offices are something else and a worse situation, but thinking specifically about the cake?

My point is that neither scenario is the crime of the century
    Pretty similar by my reckoning without knowing everything about either event, the only difference being that although the rules might not have been materially too different from may 2020 to April 2021, peoples attitudes towards them and willingness to follow them was. I personally was sacrificing far more in may 2020 so it hits home more if 'they' weren't doing the same.

As you say though, cakegate is the tip of the iceberg in terms of downing Street.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    In all seriousness though, do you think staff in the office giving Boris Johnson a cake on his birthday, in their own office, when he had been in intensive care and all the rest of it, is materially worse than what Starmer has done.

The parties in Downing St offices are something else and a worse situation, but thinking specifically about the cake?

My point is that neither scenario is the crime of the century
    Intensive care, he nearly died. Do me a favour

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Has Starmer said that in parliament?
    Not sure if he's been in since, but he's told the World he didn't think he broke the rules the same as Boris, and when he is in he can't change his story now.

At the end of the day they are all the same, one rule for them one rule for us, but it's always been like that and always will be, people shouldn't expect any different.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Not sure if he's been in since, but he's told the World he didn't think he broke the rules the same as Boris, and when he is in he can't change his story now.

At the end of the day they are all the same, one rule for them one rule for us, but it's always been like that and always will be, people shouldn't expect any different.
    Saying it in parliament is the crucial part. That's why Johnson is being investigated by the privileges committee.

of course the Tories want you to think that it's the same, but it's not even close, after months of scouring around to turn up any dirt on Starmer this is the best they could do, and they know Tory mugs everywhere will lap it up.
    Starmer will not be fined and Johnson may have further damaging information to come out about his parties. this is all about lessening the blow on Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    of course the Tories want you to think that it's the same, but it's not even close, after months of scouring around to turn up any dirt on Starmer this is the best they could do, and they know Tory mugs everywhere will lap it up.
    Starmer will not be fined and Johnson may have further damaging information to come out about his parties. this is all about lessening the blow on Johnson
    It doesn't help your argument when you label people as mugs or when you make out it's 'only the Tories' trying to stir it up, when that is exactly what Labour were doing for months on end - and fair enough, as eventually the police intervened and subsequently fined people.

This is just the same in reverse. And people will make a judgement on it, just like the police will.

International

I think Starmer secreatly knows he's out of his depth and will be quietly happy to be found guilty out of the spotlight. If not he's finished before he's even had a chance to start, he went for the integrity and moral high ground and fell at the first hurdle, he's an amatuer politician.

I think Starmer secreatly knows he's out of his depth and will be quietly happy to be found guilty out of the spotlight. If not he's finished before he's even had a chance to start, he went for the integrity and moral high ground and fell at the first hurdle, he's an amatuer politician.
    lol ok

What do you think Labour have been doing for months and how do you know that no more damaging information will come out about Starmers activities ? I would say that it is highly likely.

And we’ve got a professional one as Prime Minister?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What do you think Labour have been doing for months and how do you know that no more damaging information will come out about Starmers activities ? I would say that it is highly likely.
    Tell me, have you found Johnson guilty of all of the party related stuff he’s being investigated for, because you’ve already thrown away the key with Starmer or is it just all down to party politics with you?

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And we’ve got a professional one as Prime Minister?
    He's very good at politics and spinning situations, people had factored in thats he's a bit of a joker and not the most honest politican, where as Starmer tried to be whiter than white when he's grey and best, with the curryboozeup gate he's basicaly played the whole situation completely wrong and it's completely backfired.

He should have kept quiet on the issue and his head down, that little fat scottish bloke would have brought it up so there was no need anyway?

He's very good at politics and spinning situations, people had factored in thats he's a bit of a joker and not the most honest politican, where as Starmer tried to be whiter than white when he's grey and best, with the curryboozeup gate he's basicaly played the whole situation completely wrong and it's completely backfired.

He should have kept quiet on the issue and his head down, that little fat scottish bloke would have brought it up so there was no need anyway?
    So you’re applying different standards to Johnson and Starmer?

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So you’re applying different standards to Johnson and Starmer?
    No they can both have the same standards, but Starmer has injured himself saying look i'm honest and I won't have cake and happy birthday sung Boris has to resign, when he was having booze ups and curry, and now may have to resign or look dishonest and two faced if he does keep his job. He could have kept quiet and now said the same as Boris, I didnt think I was breaking any rules as we were just working together, it's such daft mistake?

here is the False equivalence the Tories have been trying to sow.

one are some food with people he was working with and the other attended a succession of parties.

one has been found to have done wrong and fined, the other will almost certainly not be fined.
    and here is exactly why Starmer will go, just to give Labour supporters the moral high ground for a while

of course people can see its a farce, work all day with a group of people, that fine, order a takeaway / beer / birthday cake and eat it with the same people and its now against the law, common sense needs to prevail here, we have seen the leaked memo about the plans for a curry after the meeting, so it was planned, we have seen the pictures, while its not a smoking gun, its a bottle of beer in his hand and some Chicken Korma around his chops, yet we wait for the sue gray oh I mean police report , apologise and move on

as I said, If Starmer is the guy to bring better lives to people in the UK ( and he could well be ), for him to fall on his sword over the above facial situation is just a joke, of course to some its great, the moral high ground for the next few years is that important to them

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    of course people can see its a farce, work all day with a group of people, that fine, order a takeaway / beer / birthday cake and eat it with the same people and its now against the law,
    Do you think Carrie Johnson and the interior designer that they had picking out wallpaper both work at No. 10?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Do you think Carrie Johnson and the interior designer that they had picking out wallpaper both work at No. 10?
    One lives there the other was doing interior designing, and knowing Boris he was doing them both

Starmer on the other hand was in an office miles away with no one that he works with every day, and a load of labour hangers on that were just there for the by-election consequently a far greater covid risk.

Both were pathetic and not worth all this fuss, both should have said sorry and moved on.

One lives there the other was doing interior designing, and knowing Boris he was doing them both

Starmer on the other hand was in an office miles away with no one that he works with every day, and a load of labour hangers on that were just there for the by-election consequently a far greater covid risk.

Both were pathetic and not worth all this fuss, both should have said sorry and moved on.
    One lives in No. 11 and the other one was interior designing in No. 11.

Starmer was in a Labour regional office doing work as leader of the Labour party and stopped for some food before continuing to work.

A lot of people struggling with the facts, it seems.

International

No, I refuse to believe that there may be some truth in them because they have provided no evidence to back up their claims. I don't like to believe everything I read without there being sources and evidence to back up the information.

Why do you believe that he was lying about his father? Is it because it suits your politics?

Anyone can make an unverified claim on the internet. I could start an anti-xsnaggle blog and include a piece about how xsnaggle drowns puppies in his spare time - but that doesn't make it true.

Do you not think that if the claims that his father owned a factory was true then it would have come to light in one of the mainstream right-wing tabloids by now? I mean, it would be pretty easy to find out for any journalist and would make a great story about how the leader of the opposition has been lying to the public about his roots.
    He might doit for the same reason that McCluskie failed to tell the complete truth about his education - - because it didn't fit with his protestations to the working class that he is "one of us".
    Naw it couldn't be that could it, not from Mr whiter than white (except for the curry stain on his shirt) Starmer.

And how did you know I have a predilection for drowning puppies? Can't keep anything secret any more.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    He might doit for the same reason that McCluskie failed to tell the complete truth about his education - - because it didn't fit with his protestations to the working class that he is "one of us".
    Naw it couldn't be that could it, not from Mr whiter than white (except for the curry stain on his shirt) Starmer.

And how did you know I have a predilection for drowning puppies? Can't keep anything secret any more.
    Bizarre post.

Johnson being investigated Tory boys rattled and on the defensive.

Labour Leader investigated the Tory boys even more rattled.😂

😂😂😂

International

Bizarre post.
    = no answer. And goodnight from him!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    = no answer. And goodnight from him!!
    What do you mean? Instead of addressing my post, you simply went off about how someone else once lied about their background and then made a barbed comment about Starmer.

You want to believe that he's lying (despite there being literally no evidence whatsoever) and accused me of not believing it because of my political leanings.

Bizarre and hypocritcial.

What do you mean? Instead of addressing my post, you simply went off about how someone else once lied about their background and then made a barbed comment about Starmer.

You want to believe that he's lying (despite there being literally no evidence whatsoever) and accused me of not believing it because of my political leanings.

Bizarre and hypocritcial.
    To be fair, he never stopped posting stuff about Johnson having to go when all of the stories were breaking about the parties/works meetings he was supposed to have gone to, or am I getting him confused with someone else?