+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Starmer will be investigated by Durham Police ( crazy why now )

Re: Starmer will be investigated by Durham Police ( crazy why now )

Correct decision and the right thing to announce.

Get fined - resign.

Just as the Bufoon and Sunak should have done.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    lets be honest here, its all a farce

but lets look at the scenario

a group of people all sit in the same room / office working ( which was in the rules if they felt they couldnt work from home )

the same group order a Indian takeaway and beer / wine , now they sit down with the same people as they have spent the day with and eat that curry and drink a beer or 2, this is now wrong

I know we had Covid rules for a purpose, but lets have some common sense, the above scenario shows it was a joke in some instances

now its happened to both party leaders, maybe its to put it to bed, Boris has apologised and isn't going to resign, Starmer can do the same and maybe both get on with doing the jobs they are paid to do
    It is getting more and more ridiculous. Why Starmer thinks that 'falling on his sword' will put pressure on BJ to do the same, is a mystery. Just let it happen, get fined, take the flack, and neither Starmer or BJ - or anyone close to them - will EVER raise the subject again !

lets be honest here, its all a farce

but lets look at the scenario

a group of people all sit in the same room / office working ( which was in the rules if they felt they couldnt work from home )

the same group order a Indian takeaway and beer / wine , now they sit down with the same people as they have spent the day with and eat that curry and drink a beer or 2, this is now wrong

I know we had Covid rules for a purpose, but lets have some common sense, the above scenario shows it was a joke in some instances

now its happened to both party leaders, maybe its to put it to bed, Boris has apologised and isn't going to resign, Starmer can do the same and maybe both get on with doing the jobs they are paid to do
    We’ve just seen the difference between Johnson and Starmer. Still, I suppose it was the dull, boring thing to do - what a character “Boris” (registered trademark) is eh!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It is getting more and more ridiculous. Why Starmer thinks that 'falling on his sword' will put pressure on BJ to do the same, is a mystery. Just let it happen, get fined, take the flack, and neither Starmer or BJ - or anyone close to them - will EVER raise the subject again !
    Has Starmer said hes doing it to put pressure on Boris?

It is likely to be raised again. There could be more fines for Boris.

Starmer has done the right thing.

Why just let it happen and be fined.? My bet is he wont be fined.

If he is he goes and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We’ve just seen the difference between Johnson and Starmer. Still, I suppose it was the dull, boring thing to do - what a character “Boris” (registered trademark) is eh!
    You think Starmer has said this because of some sort of principle ? Maybe it's something to do with his digging a political hole for himself he could climb out of.

To add though. The tories know it will put pressure on Boris. Thats why we get the take the flak carry on blah blah blah.

Interesting months ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Has Starmer said hes doing it to put pressure on Boris?

It is likely to be raised again. There could be more fines for Boris.

Starmer has done the right thing.

Why just let it happen and be fined.? My bet is he wont be fined.

If he is he goes and rightly so.
    It puts the police firmly in the spotlight. If they fine him, he goes, if they don't, then I bet questions will be asked 'why not' ?

You think Starmer has said this because of some sort of principle ? Maybe it's something to do with his digging a political hole for himself he could climb out of.
    I said earlier in this thread that I thought what he’s just done was right morally and tactically, so, yes, there is an element of party politics to it, but the contrast between both men (and Angela Rayner who has also said she’ll stand down if fined) has been put into stark clarity now.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Johnson doesn't leave himself exposed?

When this first broke, he was saying he was just as furious as anyone else in the country at what had been going on, and was determined to get to the bottom of it. Later we found out he was at half of them.

The difference is not about digging a hole, it's that Johnson absolutely doesn't care. I guess you can call that political acumen if you like.
    Yours is a valid point but not related to mine. For want of repeating myself I am saying Johnson does not criticise other politicians when they make mistakes - probably because he knows he's guilty of it himself somewhere along the line.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Yours is a valid point but not related to mine. For want of repeating myself I am saying Johnson does not criticise other politicians when they make mistakes - probably because he knows he's guilty of it himself somewhere along the line.
    Doesnt mind throwing in Jimmy Saville comments though.

It puts the police firmly in the spotlight. If they fine him, he goes, if they don't, then I bet questions will be asked 'why not' ?
    Durham police seem to have created a precedent with their line “Durham police has not taken retrospective action against any other person” in this piece (see “No further action - police policy” and the analysis under that).

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mmings-tell-us

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Durham police seem to have created a precedent with their line “Durham police has not taken retrospective action against any other person” in this piece (see “No further action - police policy” and the analysis under that).

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mmings-tell-us
    That explains today's press conference statement and Angela's will will quit if we are found guilty knowing they wont ( another nod and wink moment from the old Durham police ?? )

Still doesn't explain why he has not stepped down as he asked Boris and others purely form being investigated ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That explains today's press conference statement and Angela's will will quit if we are found guilty knowing they wont ( another nod and wink moment from the old Durham police ?? )

Still doesn't explain why he has not stepped down as he asked Boris and others purely form being investigated ??
    Just adding some balance again I see.

Probably as we all knew Boris was likely to be guilty and wed already seen photos of pissed up Tories not mentioning the Health Secretary having to quit.

All I what to know is.Did they have nann bread with the curry? It's not the same without it.

Because we’d all seen the photos and the videos and we all knew Johnson and his cronies were continually pissing it up and partying, that’s why he said he should resign.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    All I what to know is.Did they have nann bread with the curry? It's not the same without it.
    I agree

I can do without the rice

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Because we’d all seen the photos and the videos and we all knew Johnson and his cronies were continually pissing it up and partying, that’s why he said he should resign.
    Whilst denying it had happened to Parliament

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Whilst denying it had happened to Parliament
    Is that like the labour party denying clearly for months that Angela Rayner was there?
    They said it was an honest mistake but that is clearly bullshit. Because she obviously knew she was there so if it was a 'mistake' why didn't she correct the mistake immediately instead of hiding behind it until she had no choice but to come clean?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Is that like the labour party denying clearly for months that Angela Rayner was there?
    They said it was an honest mistake but that is clearly bullshit. Because she obviously knew she was there so if it was a 'mistake' why didn't she correct the mistake immediately instead of hiding behind it until she had no choice but to come clean?
    They must have been well pissed to have missed our Angela in that room .

The other issue to consider which part of Labour was briefing against Labour in that room , as I'm pretty sure their wasn't any Tories at Beergate.

What a mess .

Thank god there's no other serious issues going on the world .

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    'Clearly denying for months', I think they were asked twice if she was there before admitting they had ****ed up. She was the chair of party and head of campaigning, it isn't a massive surprise she was present for a huge by-election. I don't even know why it is relevant, does having her there make it a party?

Boris has been making new lies up to cover up old ones for over 6 months now.

Tin foil hat is out. You seriously think the LOTO has more power over the police than the PM? Delusional.

I dont get it, I know Starmer / Labour will say its due to him being honourable etc etc

If they think by him going it will mean they can score points over the tories during the next decade they must be mad, as the whole scenario I listed it just crazy and as time goes on most will think that ( unless you are a member of CCMB )

but if the Labour Party thought he was the man to make the UK better ( and he could well be ) , then just apologise and move on, Give the guy a chance to make difference ( same goes for Raynor )

I dont get it, I know Starmer / Labour will say its due to him being honourable etc etc

If they think by him going it will mean they can score points over the tories during the next decade they must be mad, as the whole scenario I listed it just crazy and as time goes on most will think that ( unless you are a member of CCMB )

but if the Labour Party thought he was the man to make the UK better ( and he could well be ) , then just apologise and move on, Give the guy a chance to make difference ( same goes for Raynor )
    There was a time when the moderators shipped any post with a whiff of political smell to the Politics Board, Guess they are on their hols!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    There was a time when the moderators shipped any post with a whiff of political smell to the Politics Board, Guess they are on their hols!
    I do think it's better on here it allows all views and more contributions like or hate them.

Perhaps it's becoming more of a Libertarian messagboard ?