+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McGuinness

McGuinness

In what has been a very underwhelming season for the club, I'd like to single out Mark McGuinness for some praise. He's quickly established himself as a first-team regular and looks set for a good career in the City shirt. In addition to being shunted out to right back by McCarthy, he's not exactly had a settled back line to play with for most of the campaign. I think he's had a promising debut season. All in all, a decent recruit for the reported £200k fee

Re: McGuinness

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    In what has been a very underwhelming season for the club, I'd like to single out Mark McGuinness for some praise. He's quickly established himself as a first-team regular and looks set for a good career in the City shirt. In addition to being shunted out to right back by McCarthy, he's not exactly had a settled back line to play with for most of the campaign. I think he's had a promising debut season. All in all, a decent recruit for the reported £200k fee
    Great post

He also played most of this season on the left side of a three as a right footer - he also seems to care based on his emotion when we win or lose - he seems to get it and to top it all he is young so plenty of room for improvement after his first proper season

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Great post

He also played most of this season on the left side of a three as a right footer - he also seems to care based on his emotion when we win or lose - he seems to get it and to top it all he is young so plenty of room for improvement after his first proper season
    Logic would indicate his first proper season was last season when he played 25 tmes for Ipswich.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate his first proper season was last season when he played 25 tmes for Ipswich.
    That's nothing to do with reason or argument. Just a basic fact. If you don't appreciate that the logical conclusion is that you should change your user name!

He’s been great, still plenty to work on and can be a bit rash at times but that will come with experience. I like him.

I think they've all been rubbish,but he has booze in his name so it's a from me

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Thought he was free ( out of contract at Arsenal)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Thought he was free ( out of contract at Arsenal)
    So did I, but when I Googled it last night I found a couple of reports quoting a figure of £200,000.

He won't be the same without Flint.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So did I, but when I Googled it last night I found a couple of reports quoting a figure of £200,000.
    Could it be the EPPP compensation figure perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Nah scrap that, I think the £200k figure would be way too high.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Could well be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Could well be.
    No idea. Quite plausible