+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wembley question

Wembley question

Going back to our last 4 appearances, am i right in thinking we had the same end for the Barnsley, Pompey and Liverpool games, but the opposite end for the Blackpool game?

Re: Wembley question

My recollection is that we had the same end for Pompey, Blackpool and Liverpool but the other end for Barnsley.
    There could be a conspiracy theory hiding in here somewhere!

We’ve played there since against Spurs don’t forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    We’ve played there since against Spurs don’t forget.
    That’s right. The Ralls red card game 👍

When I was at the Liverpool League Cup game, we were definitely sat at the opposite end from where we were sat for the FA Cup Final.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    When I was at the Liverpool League Cup game, we were definitely sat at the opposite end from where we were sat for the FA Cup Final.
    My view from the Cardiff end:
    FA Cup Final and League Cup Final - in both instances if you came out of the player's tunnel the Cardiff fans would be to your right.IMG00014.jpg0004.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    My recollection is that we had the same end for Pompey, Blackpool and Liverpool but the other end for Barnsley.
    That's my recollection to. I also think we were at the same end as the Barnsley game for Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    That's my recollection to. I also think we were at the same end as the Barnsley game for Spurs.
    Yes, that is my recollection too.

I guess we were all sat in different places.
    If you say the North side is the top, and the player's tunnel is at 12 o'clock, then it's a wide flat clock, but this is where I remember sitting for the different games:
    Blackpool - about north-west (ten o'clock) same side as the tunnel
    Barnsley - south (about six o'clock) almost opposite the tunnel
    FA Cup final - south-west (about seven o'clock)
    League Cup final - east (about three o'clock)
    Does that make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I guess we were all sat in different places.
    If you say the North side is the top, and the player's tunnel is at 12 o'clock, then it's a wide flat clock, but this is where I remember sitting for the different games:
    Blackpool - about north-west (ten o'clock) same side as the tunnel
    Barnsley - south (about six o'clock) almost opposite the tunnel
    FA Cup final - south-west (about seven o'clock)
    League Cup final - east (about three o'clock)
    Does that make any sense?
    Yes it sort of makes sense, but you seem to have been in the Liverpool end for the League Cup final!
    My photo bears this out.

I’m more confused now than when i posed the question 😂
    I was right behind the goals against Blackpool where the scored all 3.
    I was high up on the right hand side of the halfway line as you face the tunnel for the the Liverpool, Barnsley and Pompey games.. i think 😁😁

This is correct.

TV cameras have always been on the same side. The FA cup semi final and final goals were scored at the same end (to the left). Ledley scored in front of Barnsley fans, Kanu in front of our fans. Blackpool scored all of their goals in front of our fans. Turner scored at the same end as well in front of our fans.

In fact, I think that Turner's goal was the only one we scored at Wembley in front of our own fans.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’m more confused now than when i posed the question ��
    I was right behind the goals against Blackpool where the scored all 3.
    I was high up on the right hand side of the halfway line as you face the tunnel for the the Liverpool, Barnsley and Pompey games.. i think ����
    I think the size of the stadium is such that you can be in the same "end", but have a very different view and therefore perspective on the whole experience depending on how low/high you are or on which side of the stadium you are. Coupled with not going there very often probably plays tricks with the mind (or the segregation was a bit "off").

I think the size of the stadium is such that you can be in the same "end", but have a very different view and therefore perspective on the whole experience depending on how low/high you are or on which side of the stadium you are. Coupled with not going there very often probably plays tricks with the mind (or the segregation was a bit "off").
    To be honest, in 10/15 yrs time, i’ll probably forget i was there at all !