+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

  1. #1

    Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Iím noticing across the country vacancies going out of control and any wonder?

    Rewarding but horrible jobs like care providers are minimum wage. And on the other hand a decent trade can make £500 a day.

    Thatís the market, but itís not always fair.

  2. #2

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Council executives -

    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...-paid-23601289

    Given that the Prime Ministers salary is about £160k I just can't see any justification in council leaders getting more.

  3. #3

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Council executives -

    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...-paid-23601289

    Given that the Prime Ministers salary is about £160k I just can't see any justification in council leaders getting more.
    Council CEOs are most probably from ordinary backgrounds whereas the salary for most PMs will be pocket change given their background.

  4. #4

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Building trade as in plasterers , decorators , chippies etc working for others

    On their own ? Better money but still nothing compared to doctors , architects , lawyers etc who want a job they can't do ....eg plastering , tiling , wood .....done for feck all !

  5. #5

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    The traffic enforcement officers .....used to be traffic wardens ?

    Total wasters , you go up to them and say there is a car parked in a disabled bay and they say I am busy on this side of the street ......logging down the reg numbers of cars to ensure they only stay for one hour . Complete waste of time that lot

  6. #6

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    A politician is a very over paid job. Basically you are getting a good amount of money to to be a thief, a liar, a cheat and totally untrustworthy

  7. #7

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Council CEOs are most probably from ordinary backgrounds whereas the salary for most PMs will be pocket change given their background.
    Is the persons background relevant to how much each is paid for the job they do?
    I can't see how a person who is responsible for council services for a population of say 400k , can be paid more than the prime minister of a country of 70million.

  8. #8

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Not all of you will agree with this, but IMO doctors are massively overpaid. GP earns 100k, Consultant 150k AND they can earn the same in private practice. Two jobs, double pay, same premises.

  9. #9

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Is the persons background relevant to how much each is paid for the job they do?
    I can't see how a person who is responsible for council services for a population of say 400k , can be paid more than the prime minister of a country of 70million.
    Can argue the toss on the comparable levels of pay but in my experience itís better to think of the role more like a CEO in a relatively large organisation/business than that of a politician with a role in government. Although they work in political institutions and take political direction, itís a different type of job that requires itís own level of experience and skills which most politicians probably donít have (which isnít a slight, in a democracy, to me, a politician can be from any walk of life with anything from a broad spectrum of different types of experiences, skills, etc).

  10. #10

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Footballers are of course grossly overpaid. Although it's a multibillion pound industry, and is kind of an example of the wealth going to the workers at least, albeit an extreme example thereof.

    Carers always seem very underpaid, although I know a few, and they do seem to enjoy it. I guess it's a steady wage, they seem to get a sense of achievement from doing good and it can be fitted in around other things - they deserve more though.

    Loads of consultants etc are overpaid. Jesus, I could tell some stories on that..

  11. #11

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Footballers are of course grossly overpaid. Although it's a multibillion pound industry, and is kind of an example of the wealth going to the workers at least, albeit an extreme example thereof.

    Carers always seem very underpaid, although I know a few, and they do seem to enjoy it. I guess it's a steady wage, they seem to get a sense of achievement from doing good and it can be fitted in around other things - they deserve more though.

    Loads of consultants etc are overpaid. Jesus, I could tell some stories on that..
    I don't mind footballer salaries for a similar reason. It's not really their fault - they don't sign the billion dollar TV contracts.

    Pogbas agent who died got €27m for his man utd transfer, which is nearly two years of pogbas salary. I've more of a problem with money going elsewhere, rather than to the talents that we watch.

    Obviously I'd like the game to be cheaper for us fans, before anyone questions this.

  12. #12

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    A Tory politician is a very over paid job. Basically you are getting a good amount of money to to be a thief, a liar, a cheat and totally untrustworthy
    Woah hang on a min, you forgot the word " tory "

    cant have anything bad said about the other lots on here, it'll make peoples head explode

  13. #13

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Woah hang on a min, you forgot the word " tory "

    cant have anything bad said about the other lots on here, it'll make peoples head explode

  14. #14

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Woah hang on a min, you forgot the word " tory "

    cant have anything bad said about the other lots on here, it'll make peoples head explode
    He didn’t say Tory so you said it for him so you could have something to cry about

  15. #15

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    I've got some software engineers on £650 a day at the moment and they're sure not busting a gut for that money.

    there's a real shortage at the moment so they can basically take the piss

  16. #16

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Not all of you will agree with this, but IMO doctors are massively overpaid. GP earns 100k, Consultant 150k AND they can earn the same in private practice. Two jobs, double pay, same premises.

    I'd agree with you about GP'S, although I don't think they are massively overpaid. when it comes to good surgeons though i totally understand the megabucks. The levels of natural talent needed, combined with the skills, training and constant learning required. I can't really think of many jobs that could possibly be tougher

  17. #17

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I'd agree with you about GP'S, although I don't think they are massively overpaid. when it comes to good surgeons though i totally understand the megabucks. The levels of natural talent needed, combined with the skills, training and constant learning required. I can't really think of many jobs that could possibly be tougher
    I have a relative who's a surgeon. She was previously in the forces and worked at Camp Bastion amongst other places. I can't imagine the sights she saw, the injuries she dealt with and the life-changing decisions she had to make. Whatever she was paid, it probably wasn't enough.
    She's now back working in the NHS and doesn't do any private work.

  18. #18

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I have a relative who's a surgeon. She was previously in the forces and worked at Camp Bastion amongst other places. I can't imagine the sights she saw, the injuries she dealt with and the life-changing decisions she had to make. Whatever she was paid, it probably wasn't enough.
    She's now back working in the NHS and doesn't do any private work.
    Some of the stuff they did at Bastion was beyond belief. Read some papers on new techniques and procedures they devised out there, really fantastic work they did.

  19. #19

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He didn’t say Tory so you said it for him so you could have something to cry about
    WOW, You had a sense of humour by-pass today ? ? ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Cheers to Mr Soul '68, who made the post and saw the humour in my reply

  20. #20

    Re: Overpaid/Underpaid Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Building trade as in plasterers , decorators , chippies etc working for others

    On their own ? Better money but still nothing compared to doctors , architects , lawyers etc who want a job they can't do ....eg plastering , tiling , wood .....done for feck all !
    Those days are gone Sludge. £250 per day, minimum. If they don't like it, then it's goodbye. That's the market, innit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •