+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Morison on Elis James’s Feast of Football

Steve Morison on Elis James’s Feast of Football

For those interested.

Only listened to the first ten mins so far but he’s already having a pop at people who’ve criticised him

Re: Steve Morison on Elis James’s Feast of Football

Good for him, really like his interviews.

Don't like Ellis James, least funny comedian i've heard. And he's a jack b

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    For those interested.

Only listened to the first ten mins so far but he’s already having a pop at people who’ve criticised him
    Got a link?

It's very remiscent of father Ted's golden cleric acceptance speech

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Good for him, really like his interviews.
    Same, there seems to be a few posters on here that if Morison bought them a house for each of their family members, they’d still moan about the size of the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Interesting. I particularly liked the grudging ‘good luck’ sign off from Elis at the end.

To be fair he spoke well and said all the right things

He's getting there slowly. Just needs to win a few more games, and he'll be the greatest. Sort of.

Harsh.

He may be a JB but his self deprecating sense of humour always makes me smile, but maybe it isn’t for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Harsh.

He may be a JB but his self deprecating sense of humour always makes me smile, but maybe it isn’t for everyone.
    Yeah I think he’s good, proper football fan too

Yeah I think he’s good, proper football fan too
    I like him. Who he supports doesn’t bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Depends what you class as a comedian.

As a stand up I can’t say he’s brilliant but as a funny guy on a chat show/podcast think he’s brill

And he does seem a genuinely nice and knowledgeable guy

Thought there was a fair bit of self justification in the interview, but then you expect that from football managers and I’m a bit more hopeful on things like the reaction to the Swansea humiliation and the degree he’s committed to changing our style of play after hearing that.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Depends what you class as a comedian.

As a stand up I can’t say he’s brilliant but as a funny guy on a chat show/podcast think he’s brill

And he does seem a genuinely nice and knowledgeable guy
    Agree, he's always good on podcasts

You've sold it, Delm.

I know managers like to blow their own trumpet but some of the stuff he says about top clubs loaning us their players is simply not true.

He says it’s only since he took over are premiership clubs trusting us with their young players and that has never happened at Cardiff - something he has also mentioned in other intrerviews - but in the last 4/5 years we’ve had 3 players on loan from Liverpool, a player from Arsenal, and two from Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    I do. He's very funny. The stand up and comedic take on Welshness on various S4C programmes is brilliant. I don't care that he supports Swansea.

For those interested.

I just listened to the Morison interview (it isn't very long); he spoke quite a bit of sense but what surprised me is that he seems to be almost completely humourless.

Now, I don't expect a stand up comedian as a manager but he came across as being quite hard work and there was zero levity in what he said which is quite strange considering that this is quite a light hearted football podcast he was on.

I just listened to the Morison interview (it isn't very long); he spoke quite a bit of sense but what surprised me is that he seems to be almost completely humourless.

Now, I don't expect a stand up comedian as a manager but he came across as being quite hard work and there was zero levity in what he said which is quite strange considering that this is quite a light hearted football podcast he was on.
    Completely, that struck me also. He knew it was never going to be Nixon Frost type pressure and Iwan was setting him up with compliments to make it easy.
    Was Gabbidons absence suspicious, or i'm reading too much into that

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Completely, that struck me also. He knew it was never going to be Nixon Frost type pressure and Iwan was setting him up with compliments to make it easy.
    Was Gabbidons absence suspicious, or i'm reading too much into that
    Frost/Nixon!

International

He's a bit miserable, but so was Dave Jones and he was a decent Manager.

He sounds fairly positive but very direct, it will be interesting to see what players he signs and if he can get a good team spirit.

Maybe we're not "his kind of people". I have no problem with that.

I just think he takes football and his job very seriously. I think he had to work extremely hard to get where he did as a player and you can tell that he values hard work and a professional attitude towards training and preparation highly. You only have to hear how he speaks of Craig Bellamy to know that. Bellars isn't exactly known for being a comedian is he? How come so many on here think he'd make the perfect manager?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Maybe we're not "his kind of people". I have no problem with that.

I just think he takes football and his job very seriously. I think he had to work extremely hard to get where he did as a player and you can tell that he values hard work and a professional attitude towards training and preparation highly. You only have to hear how he speaks of Craig Bellamy to know that. Bellars isn't exactly known for being a comedian is he? How come so many on here think he'd make the perfect manager?
    I'm getting more confused by some on this board as to what they want from Morrison - the list of dislikes seems to get bigger every day - the latest to add to the list is he is not funny 🤔🤔

I am keen to give him a chance and see what he does in terms of recruitment in the summer and the how "his team" play next season then I think it is fair to judge him

So far I've overall impressed with him