+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steve Morison on Elis James’s Feast of Football

Re: Steve Morison on Elis James’s Feast of Football

He's not the most erudite of speakers, but there was plenty of stuff in there to be encouraged by.
    Particularly the things he was saying about recruitment not only for him but the managers to follow him, it seems that the clubs recruitment and analysis teams perhaps have a bit more power than under previous managers. Whether that's been facilitated by morison, or insisted upon by other people in the club it is probably a more sustainable way to run the club in the longer term. And certainly seems to be a departure from the way we operated under Warnock etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's not the most erudite of speakers
    Not compared to Bertrand Russell maybe, but I was impressed by how clear and concise he was.
    I'd rather straight talking than a verbose BS merchant like Lee Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Not compared to Bertrand Russell maybe, but I was impressed by how clear and concise he was.
    I'd rather straight talking than a verbose BS merchant like Lee Johnson.
    But Lee Johnson is taking the Wurzles into the champions league soon. Could even be this year that he promised

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    But Lee Johnson is taking the Wurzles into the champions league soon. Could even be this year that he promised
    That is the trade off 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Not Steve Morison or city related so not starting a new thread but new episode of elis James FoF podcast with humphrey kerr from Wrexham is a great listen. Much better than the Morison episode!
    Listened to it this afternoon - laugh out loud funny in parts. It’s a big night for Wrexham tonight as Stockport are at home to Torquay in their game in hand, I reckon it’ll be a home win.

Just listened to it
    Thought he sounded OK.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Listened to it this afternoon - laugh out loud funny in parts. It’s a big night for Wrexham tonight as Stockport are at home to Torquay in their game in hand, I reckon it’ll be a home win.
    Yep same. Had no idea of the story!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I just listened to the Morison interview (it isn't very long); he spoke quite a bit of sense but what surprised me is that he seems to be almost completely humourless.

Now, I don't expect a stand up comedian as a manager but he came across as being quite hard work and there was zero levity in what he said which is quite strange considering that this is quite a light hearted football podcast he was on.
    Only now had a chance to listen to it and the whole session is dull and lacking any energy or humour either side of the interview with SM and not sure the presenters did anything to lift the mood with the questions they posed

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This is what’s going to make his tenure so interesting. Morison polarises opinion more than any other City manager I can remember. Already there are those who can’t stand him and those who seem to really rate him. Few people seem to be neutral.

His personality is unusual, the way he talks to the press is unusual, the way he speaks about his players is unusual and his levels of confidence and self-belief are off the scale for someone so inexperienced, especially considering the results since he took over.

It’s going to be genuinely fascinating to see how this plays out as it really could go any way.
    As in his comments regarding he'd need a chat with Gareth Bale before we'd sign him. If Bale were affordable and we wouldn't get him, Morison should be replaced by anybody.