+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: May 7th, 2012. Ten years ago today

Re: May 7th, 2012. Ten years ago today

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I just threw a dead cat like you do when you haven't got something to come back with.
    Plain and simple.
    I take it you've had a few today.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Fair enough. I think there's zero chance it would have happened, but there we go.
    Let's be honest it didn't take much to get him to change his mind anyway did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Let's be honest it didn't take much to get him to change his mind anyway did it?
    His mum sorted it

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    It lasted another half a season after relegation.

Oddly enough, it took poor results and seriously dwindling crowds before he changed his mind. He was onto his third manager by that point.

its amazing that 10 years on it still effects people even though they profess they dont care about the club anymore

10 years, might be time to move on and let it go life's too short

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its amazing that 10 years on it still effects people.....
    It's also amazing that you're always all over any threads that mention the re-brand like a rash.

Might be time to move on and let it go.

It's also amazing that you're always all over any threads that mention the re-brand like a rash.

Might be time to move on and let it go.

Its not that amazing, I read most threads, sorry to disappoint you

I take it you've had a few today.
    Had a few in what respect?

Its not that amazing, I read most threads, sorry to disappoint you
    You could never disappoint me as I never have any expectations where you're concerned. The bar isn't low, it's on the floor.

Had a few in what respect?
    Had a few beers, John. Had a few beers.

Had a few beers, John. Had a few beers.
    Haven't had a beer
    In what respect?

Haven't had a beer
    In what respect?
    I thought you might be pissed. In that respect. Throwing dead cats and all that.

You could never disappoint me as I never have any expectations where you're concerned. The bar isn't low, it's on the floor.
    Nice to have some of that rapier "wit" back ( its been a few years ), much better than the sad bitterness that normally emits from your posts

I thought you might be pissed. In that respect. Throwing dead cats and all that.
    You throw them when you are sober why can't anyone else

You throw them when you are sober why can't anyone else
    You can throw them where you want, when you want as far as I'm concerned. It's just that usually I can understand what you're trying to say. Tonight I haven't got a clue.

Nice to have some of that rapier "wit" back ( its been a few years ), much better than the sad bitterness that normally emits from your posts
    You regard my posts as 'sad' and 'bitter' merely because they usually don't tally with your views.

I regard your posts as idiotic because they generally are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Wasn't it down as someone's first post and lots of speculation of who it was - wrongly berated/abused at the time if I remember rightly

Shit period in our history but personally I don't think anyone was wrong or right whatever they decided to do in terms of going/not going - it was a personal decision
    The chap who wrote that post sadly isn’t with us any more. Huge city fan, used to run supporters coaches.

You regard my posts as 'sad' and 'bitter' merely because they usually don't tally with your views.

I regard your posts as idiotic because they generally are.
    yea of course

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    The chap who wrote that post sadly isn’t with us any more. Huge city fan, used to run supporters coaches.
    If that is the case then I grew up with him in Canton (although for house sale purposes people call it pontcanna now) and went home and away with him and a couple of close friends during the 80s

Such a nice bloke and a music connoisseur

Massive city and Wales fan

You can throw them where you want, when you want as far as I'm concerned. It's just that usually I can understand what you're trying to say. Tonight I haven't got a clue.
    A while back in this tread you ask me about letting go in what respect. You knew exactly what I meant but you just put the question to keep the narrative going.
    Many times you have explained to all and sundry that cardiff city means fa to you anymore yet you are on this thread .....well all I can say is it does mean something and its still hurting you just admit and move on.

wasn;t it straight after an away game at west ham if my memory serves me correct ?

yea of course
    Someone’s had one too many I reckon….

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    wasn;t it straight after an away game at west ham if my memory serves me correct ?
    Correct. I can still vividly remember it now.

A while back in this tread you ask me about letting go in what respect. You knew exactly what I meant but you just put the question to keep the narrative going. Many times you have explained to all and sundry that cardiff city means fa to you anymore yet you are on this thread .....well all I can say is it does mean something and its still hurting you just admit and move on.
    I still don't know what you mean. What does 'letting go' and 'moving on' mean as far as you're concerned? Does it mean forgiving Vincent Tan and those who helped usher in his re-brand? Does it mean stop attending matches? Does it mean throw myself into it again? I honestly don't know what you're trying to say.

As for it still hurting, those feelings have long since passed. The re-brand was a spectacular failure. It was a huge learning curve for me personally, but it doesn't hurt in the slightest. On the contrary, the Emperor did me a favour in many respects. Life during the last ten years would have been very different if he hadn't embarked upon his vanity project.

Correct. I can still vividly remember it now.
    i was told from other sources at the time but didn;t make a big deal of it at the time partly because i didn't believe it

this message board went into meltdown after that post