+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: May 7th, 2012. Ten years ago today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: May 7th, 2012. Ten years ago today

I remember saying at the time it was never going to last. I don't know why some thought it would. There was far far more blue in the stadium in the Premier league season than their would have been otherwise. It united the fan base really. The blue scarfs on 19.27 moments were special and high profile, embarrassing to the owner.

Even when we won the league Vincent tan walked out to collect the trophy with the crowd singing well always be blue at him. Likewise the celebration down the bay.

I know people say about the free red scarfs at the Brighton game but that was just because they were free and it was cold. It wasn't because of any love for the red, it would have been the same had the scarfs been green or pink.

Maybe if I thought it would stay id have felt differently but I always thought blue would return so it didn't really bother me. Just another crazy chapter in the history of Cardiff city football club.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I remember saying at the time it was never going to last. I don't know why some thought it would.
    Let me ask you a question: if Cardiff City had stayed up in 2013/14 and subsequently established themselves as a Premier League club, do you think Vincent Tan would have reversed his ridiculous re-brand?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Let me ask you a question: if Cardiff City had stayed up in 2013/14 and subsequently established themselves as a Premier League club, do you think Vincent Tan would have reversed his ridiculous re-brand?
    No

Dave I thought you had let go why do you care ?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Dave I thought you had let go why do you care ?
    Let go in what respect?