+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I think Morison would be wise to stop this 'get excited' nonsense...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I think Morison would be wise to stop this 'get excited' nonsense...

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    And after the totally uninspiring summer last year that has to be a good thing
    Funny you should say that. I was reading the Racing Post's pre-season guide to 2021/22 this morning. In their Championship preview pages, they tipped City for a top six finish and promotion, and praised the astute signings of Collins, Wintle and Giles. I didn't know much about Giles, but I remember thinking Collins would be a decent back-up for Moore and I liked what I read about Wintle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Funny you should say that. I was reading the Racing Post's pre-season guide to 2021/22 this morning. In their Championship preview pages, they tipped City for a top six finish and promotion, and praised the astute signings of Collins, Wintle and Giles. I didn't know much about Giles, but I remember thinking Collins would be a decent back-up for Moore and I liked what I read about Wintle.
    So you knew nothing on Giles, wrong about Collins and unsure on Wintle.

Let’s hope for a better summer but what did you think about January’s signings in January.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

Let’s hope for a better summer but what did you think about January’s signings in January.
    Collins is a strange one. I get the feeling that he could score a few if he got his confidence back, he did for Luton after all, but he's looked totally shot at times this season.

What did I think about January's signings in January? I knew very little about Doyle, Drameh or Doughty, I thought Ikpeazu had looked a Warnock player when I'd seen him play for Boro and his career stats suggested he wasn't very good, and I thought Hugill looked a reasonable signing if he could find a bit of form.

I know you're been impressed with Hugill, but I'm not a big fan. He's done well in some games, but he's looked poor in others. I don't think he's that great and he's 30 in a few weeks, so I'd be looking elsewhere if I was Morison.

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

It was probably the best time to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Lots had us tipped for top 6.

Even now xg had us finishing 9th at the end of the season.

Maybe a sign that we were poor in front of goal and in our own box.

Certainly improved when we signed a couple of strikers.

As for the last summers signings -Collins was a massive disappointment, Wintle did well but only played 1/2 a season and they were right about Giles .

The squad was in hindsight painfully short of quality.

These lot were no real replacements for the ones who left though and whatever happened to Moore and losing Morrison , along with the manager having a bit of a brain- freeze over 5 centre backs all combined for a pretty grim and quite strange season overall

Gosh yes, 5 centrebacks. If he hadn't been sacked he'd have gone for 7. Like flowers.