Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
The Ego is excited because he is in charge and can put all his ideas into practice and he feels everyone should feel the same. What could possibly go wrong?
I think a football manager should be confident in what they are doing, after all if they don't believe in it why would the players and fans?

I don't care if it comes across as arrogant, we don't have to like everything about him. Obviously if he fails then he looks foolish, but I'd expect him to be just the same if he got another job if he failed here.

I have big confidence in my ability to do my job, as I bet most do. I know its nice to be likeable, but at the end of the day he's not here to win a popularity contest he's here to make us a better team.

I was happy as soon as we were safe, I think a few selections and formations have been strange but there was no risk in doing so, he's trying to get a bunch of players who had zero confidence in actually playing football and not hoofing and strong arming their way to 3 points by being physically stronger than the opposition. The end of this season has been like an early pre season Ng in midfield May not work, but what was the harm in trying? He brought on Davies and took him off, strange, but 2 players had minutes to be looked at.

Basically the end of the season, with us being safe was a chance to try things out, even the best fail, many people have failed multiple times before finding success, you learn from failure.

There was nothing on this game. People are massively overreacting.

I know people don't like him, I can see why, he doesn't help himself in that respect but it's not really that important is it?

I'm wrong more than I'm right with managers, I was willing to give Harris time, same with OGS so perhaps I'm not too good at judging our managers ability..but let's wait and see if he fails in a full season after making big changes before writing him off.. he's not been able to play "his way" for his full time here, with the players available not able to implement what he's asked of them..we saw an improvement in January when he got a few loans in, players he wanted, players he thought could play his game, yet he's still got a load here who can't.. so he's not really able to show us what he can do with a team he thinks will do a job..he's still being hamstrung by players he probably has no use for..Warnock had his men and played his game..its still lingering like a silent fart..let's see what happens when the bad smell disappears..

He's more likely to fail than succeed given the short career of managers..but I think its fairer to judge him when he's had his squad shake-up..if he's still not sure how to set us up, making wrong decisions, getting the team selection and formation wrong and generally looking clueless pile on..

Nothing wrong with an ego, he may not be a Guardiola or wenger and may fall flat on his face, but I'm happy he's confident in what he THINKS he can do here.

At least he doesn't spin the old "my kind of people "line and try and charm fans on side..

A lot of successful people come off as arrogant and unlikeable, but if they do their job well who cares...

My fingers need a rest, tenner says nobody reads all that and my drunk ramble is a waste of WiFi.