+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think Morison would be wise to stop this 'get excited' nonsense...

Re: I think Morison would be wise to stop this 'get excited' nonsense...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The Ego is excited because he is in charge and can put all his ideas into practice and he feels everyone should feel the same. What could possibly go wrong?
    I think a football manager should be confident in what they are doing, after all if they don't believe in it why would the players and fans?

I don't care if it comes across as arrogant, we don't have to like everything about him. Obviously if he fails then he looks foolish, but I'd expect him to be just the same if he got another job if he failed here.

I have big confidence in my ability to do my job, as I bet most do. I know its nice to be likeable, but at the end of the day he's not here to win a popularity contest he's here to make us a better team.

I was happy as soon as we were safe, I think a few selections and formations have been strange but there was no risk in doing so, he's trying to get a bunch of players who had zero confidence in actually playing football and not hoofing and strong arming their way to 3 points by being physically stronger than the opposition. The end of this season has been like an early pre season Ng in midfield May not work, but what was the harm in trying? He brought on Davies and took him off, strange, but 2 players had minutes to be looked at.

Basically the end of the season, with us being safe was a chance to try things out, even the best fail, many people have failed multiple times before finding success, you learn from failure.

There was nothing on this game. People are massively overreacting.

I know people don't like him, I can see why, he doesn't help himself in that respect but it's not really that important is it?

I'm wrong more than I'm right with managers, I was willing to give Harris time, same with OGS so perhaps I'm not too good at judging our managers ability..but let's wait and see if he fails in a full season after making big changes before writing him off.. he's not been able to play "his way" for his full time here, with the players available not able to implement what he's asked of them..we saw an improvement in January when he got a few loans in, players he wanted, players he thought could play his game, yet he's still got a load here who can't.. so he's not really able to show us what he can do with a team he thinks will do a job..he's still being hamstrung by players he probably has no use for..Warnock had his men and played his game..its still lingering like a silent fart..let's see what happens when the bad smell disappears..

He's more likely to fail than succeed given the short career of managers..but I think its fairer to judge him when he's had his squad shake-up..if he's still not sure how to set us up, making wrong decisions, getting the team selection and formation wrong and generally looking clueless pile on..

Nothing wrong with an ego, he may not be a Guardiola or wenger and may fall flat on his face, but I'm happy he's confident in what he THINKS he can do here.

At least he doesn't spin the old "my kind of people "line and try and charm fans on side..

A lot of successful people come off as arrogant and unlikeable, but if they do their job well who cares...

My fingers need a rest, tenner says nobody reads all that and my drunk ramble is a waste of WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Funny you should say that. I was reading the Racing Post's pre-season guide to 2021/22 this morning. In their Championship preview pages, they tipped City for a top six finish and promotion, and praised the astute signings of Collins, Wintle and Giles. I didn't know much about Giles, but I remember thinking Collins would be a decent back-up for Moore and I liked what I read about Wintle.
    Lots had us tipped for top 6.

Even now xg had us finishing 9th at the end of the season.

Maybe a sign that we were poor in front of goal and in our own box.

Certainly improved when we signed a couple of strikers.

As for the last summers signings -Collins was a massive disappointment, Wintle did well but only played 1/2 a season and they were right about Giles .

The squad was in hindsight painfully short of quality.

These lot were no real replacements for the ones who left though and whatever happened to Moore and losing Morrison , along with the manager having a bit of a brain- freeze over 5 centre backs all combined for a pretty grim and quite strange season overall

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I think a football manager should be confident in what they are doing, after all if they don't believe in it why would the players and fans?

I don't care if it comes across as arrogant, we don't have to like everything about him. Obviously if he fails then he looks foolish, but I'd expect him to be just the same if he got another job if he failed here.

I have big confidence in my ability to do my job, as I bet most do. I know its nice to be likeable, but at the end of the day he's not here to win a popularity contest he's here to make us a better team.

I was happy as soon as we were safe, I think a few selections and formations have been strange but there was no risk in doing so, he's trying to get a bunch of players who had zero confidence in actually playing football and not hoofing and strong arming their way to 3 points by being physically stronger than the opposition. The end of this season has been like an early pre season Ng in midfield May not work, but what was the harm in trying? He brought on Davies and took him off, strange, but 2 players had minutes to be looked at.

Basically the end of the season, with us being safe was a chance to try things out, even the best fail, many people have failed multiple times before finding success, you learn from failure.

I know people don't like him, I can see why, he doesn't help himself in that respect but it's not really that important is it?

I'm wrong more than I'm right with managers, I was willing to give Harris time, same with OGS so perhaps I'm not too good at judging our managers ability..but let's wait and see if he fails in a full season after making big changes before writing him off.. he's not been able to play "his way" for his full time here, with the players available not able to implement what he's asked of them..we saw an improvement in January when he got a few loans in, players he wanted, players he thought could play his game, yet he's still got a load here who can't.. so he's not really able to show us what he can do with a team he thinks will do a job..he's still being hamstrung by players he probably has no use for..Warnock had his men and played his game..its still lingering like a silent fart..let's see what happens when the bad smell disappears..

He's more likely to fail than succeed given the short career of managers..but I think its fairer to judge him when he's had his squad shake-up..if he's still not sure how to set us up, making wrong decisions, getting the team selection and formation wrong and generally looking clueless pile on..

Nothing wrong with an ego, he may not be a Guardiola or wenger and may fall flat on his face, but I'm happy he's confident in what he THINKS he can do here.

At least he doesn't spin the old "my kind of people "line and try and charm fans on side..

A lot of successful people come off as arrogant and unlikeable, but if they do their job well who cares...

My fingers need a rest, tenner says nobody reads all that and my drunk ramble is a waste of WiFi.
    Agree with a lot of that, and happy to give him time. Not that bothered about him being likeable. We will love him if he wins games anyway.

BTW Davies came off today as he was injured.
    I thought he was quite lively when he was on

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    So you knew nothing on Giles, wrong about Collins and unsure on Wintle.

Let’s hope for a better summer but what did you think about January’s signings in January.
    It was probably the best time to do them.

International

The Ego is excited because he is in charge and can put all his ideas into practice and he feels everyone should feel the same. What could possibly go wrong?
    nothing can go wrong then

International

Nothing can go wrong then

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Agree with a lot of that, and happy to give him time. Not that bothered about him being likeable. We will love him if he wins games anyway.

BTW Davies came off today as he was injured.
    I thought he was quite lively when he was on
    Steve Morison sounded pretty concerned about Isaak Davies’ injury post game, he talked about the chance of it ruining his summer, but that they wouldn’t know anything for sure until he was given a scan.

Morison comes out and says he’s excited for the season and still he gets stick. What do you want him to say? I predict a rotten season with a nice relegation battle, enjoy chumps!

Nothing wrong in what he says, probably trying to butter fans up to buy season tickets but the proof will be in the pudding next season.

It will be his squad and there will be no hiding places, no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Morison comes out and says he’s excited for the season and still he gets stick. What do you want him to say? I predict a rotten season with a nice relegation battle, enjoy chumps!
    Agree. How anyone can start a thread criticising the manager for being excited about the close season and the clubs recruitment prospects is beyond me. And of course, the usual suspects then pile in. Ridiculous.

Not many managers would spend the last dozen or so games as a platform for experimentation over results, but considering how different the squad is going to be next season, it makes sound sense. There seems to an assumption among a view that we'll be looking again at mostly bargain, lower division players, perhaps tier 2 players from Europe. I suspect it'll be a little better than that, and if his transfer window is sign of how he 'does business', then yes, exciting - or perhaps 'promising' times ahead !

Send the tenner to a children’s charity.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Not many managers would spend the last dozen or so games as a platform for experimentation over results....
    Indeed, and Morison didn't do that either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    "I am buzzing for it. I can't wait for it. I just wish everyone was as buzzing and happy as me and my staff are. I am really happy and really positive about everything that's going on and my message to the fans is: be as excited as we are, because it will be a good time."

That was Steve Morison today. He's buzzing.

I really can’t work him out. It’s as if he’s bipolar.

One minute he’s buzzing then he’s dour.
    One minute he’s crucifying the younger players the next he’s bigging them up too much.
    He can’t take criticism but can dish it out.

And his fan interaction is ropey at best.

I’m glad he’s happy his picks and signings. From the outside looking in he doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Steve Morison sounded pretty concerned about Isaak Davies’ injury post game, he talked about the chance of it ruining his summer, but that they wouldn’t know anything for sure until he was given a scan.
    I only read the quotes but wasn’t he hoping it was just an impact injury.

I sincerely hope it’s not serious. It’s a massive summer for Isaac if he’s going to make an impact next season.

Big one too for Colwill, Bagan, King, Denham, McGuinness who have all established themselves in the squad but could all potentially be first choice if they continue to improve.
    Then there’s Semenyo who’s featured in first team squads.

Not looking so promising for Sang, Evans, Bowen - who’ve been loaned out, injured or left out .

The others who went to non league sides must be thinking there’s unlikely to be a future for them here now.

If all his targets are now tied up in contracts then great but if his targets have not yet signed and end up elsewhere then he could be setting himself up for a fall. I hope leaks have stopped and we don't hear who we have missed out on, there will inevitably some agents using us to get a better deal elsewhere.

Most managers play down expectations, the classic just focusing on the next game when chasing promotion.

I really hope our summer is exciting because goodwill towards Morison could be in short supply if the new season doesn't start well and recruitment has been poor. The lack of announcements regarding our current out of contract players would suggest none of them have committed pen to paper yet.

Ooooooh I like long rambles, you could have gone of on a few more tangents and put them in ( brackets ) but hey ho, cant have it all maybe next time

I dont get the issue with SM being excited / buzzing over his new signings, they are his signings, he should be excited and with that he thinks us ( well some of us ) the fans should be aswell

its far better than if he had came out and said " Well folks, we haven't a pot to piss in, Ive scoured the available players and while I couldnt get the players I wanted, ive got people who might be good enough, but dont hold your breath "

its decent to have a breath of positivity in the club

I’m really looking forward to next season, how often is it that you get a mostly new squad plus academy graduates to watch, it’s going to be fascinating. Do I wish it was Jurgen Klopp putting it together and not Steve Morison? Yes of course. But if his execution is as good as what he says his plans for the club are then we’re in for an exciting time

It is exciting, how often is a squad almost entirely transformed?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Send the tenner to a children’s charity.
    Tenner is the name of my dog.

I was drunk. I thought she was talking to me.

Jeepers let's kick the man for just being positive, what do we want him to say "" oh its going to be shit next year ,we got no money and were borrowing TNS second kit to help the environment " that should get everone bouncing with enthusiasm.

It could well be an exciting summer, but there's also an argument for managing expectations.

Hope the OP never gets a job with the Samaritans.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Hope the OP never gets a job with the Samaritans.
    Or WJ99

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It is exciting, how often is a squad almost entirely transformed?
    This is exactly how I see it.

In my mind it's always exciting to see us sign new players regardless of how well known or how highly they are rated.