+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think Morison would be wise to stop this 'get excited' nonsense...

Re: I think Morison would be wise to stop this 'get excited' nonsense...

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Ooooooh I like long rambles, you could have gone of on a few more tangents and put them in ( brackets ) but hey ho, cant have it all maybe next time

I dont get the issue with SM being excited / buzzing over his new signings, they are his signings, he should be excited and with that he thinks us ( well some of us ) the fans should be aswell

its far better than if he had came out and said " Well folks, we haven't a pot to piss in, Ive scoured the available players and while I couldnt get the players I wanted, ive got people who might be good enough, but dont hold your breath "

its decent to have a breath of positivity in the club
    How is it possible to be excited when there is absolutely no inkling as to what Morison is looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    How is it possible to be excited when there is absolutely no inkling as to what Morison is looking at?
    Especially when it’s looking like he’s only got 20p and a green shield stamp to spend.

Clear the club aren’t going to invest and he’ll be expected to turn water into wine.

If he manages to get a competitive squad together then I’ll not only be excited, but impressed

as I said, got to be more exciting than him saying " Well folks, we haven't a pot to piss in, Ive scoured the available players and while I couldnt get the players I wanted, ive got people who might be good enough, but dont hold your breath "

glass 1/2 full thinking positive thoughts and all that

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    "I am buzzing for it. I can't wait for it. I just wish everyone was as buzzing and happy as me and my staff are. I am really happy and really positive about everything that's going on and my message to the fans is: be as excited as we are, because it will be a good time."

That was Steve Morison today. He's buzzing.

Steve the whole of a Bee Morison

Gosh yes, 5 centrebacks. If he hadn't been sacked he'd have gone for 7. Like flowers.

It’s the prospect of change to the style of football which excites me and I keep on remembering what Luton and Huddersfield have done on no sort of budget - we may not have much to spend, but I’d say two thirds, at least, of the clubs in the Championship are in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s the prospect of change to the style of football which excites me and I keep on remembering what Luton and Huddersfield have done on no sort of budget - we may not have much to spend, but I’d say two thirds, at least, of the clubs in the Championship are in the same boat.
    Me too, and Morrison says as much in his comments. It sounds like the way we currently play is a compromise due to the style and ability of our current squad. You can look at his frustrations and comments about Colwill and Watters that suggests he knows what he wants our teams and players to do but hasn't been able to thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Huddersfield and Luton have had well defined styles of play etc. Huddersfield were dreadful under Corberan in his first spell but then it clicked this summer. I’ve got no idea what Morison wants us to do, apart from pass it a bit more. We’ve not worked to a particular plan bar Mick McCarthy lite from mid Jan to March.

I’m excited! There’s the rare opportunity for a fresh start. Whether it works out or not is another thing. But it’ll be fun finding out.

One has to start a new season with optimism even though it's likely that it will turn to pessimism in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Huddersfield and Luton have had well defined styles of play etc. Huddersfield were dreadful under Corberan in his first spell but then it clicked this summer. I’ve got no idea what Morison wants us to do, apart from pass it a bit more. We’ve not worked to a particular plan bar Mick McCarthy lite from mid Jan to March.
    Pass more

Press more off the ball