+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think Morison would be wise to stop this 'get excited' nonsense...

I think Morison would be wise to stop this 'get excited' nonsense...

.. unless there are proper stars waiting to join the club, there's a real chance of fans being underwhelmed come the new season

Re: I think Morison would be wise to stop this 'get excited' nonsense...

Is he saying that the fans should be excited or that he is excited?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    .. unless there are proper stars waiting to join the club, there's a real chance of fans being underwhelmed come the new season
    It’s not just me then! He’s really setting himself up for a fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It’s not just me then! He’s really setting himself up for a fall.
    Aye, I thought that today Des Parrot.

He's said it in his last 4 interviews - that we should get excited. Then he's said we won't know players and may need to Google them. I've rarely been 'excited' about a player I've never heard of!

It's like he's playing football manager and think it's real life.

Setting himself up for a fall, unless......

Yep nothing to be gained from it at all. Absolutely nothing. Nobody is getting excited by him saying it anyway but when the names come out he is already putting huge pressure on them as everyone will say "hardly to get that excited about after he was rejected from......"

Setting himself up for a fall, unless......[/QUOTE]

the Holy Grail of Bale, Ramsey and Allen come here...hang on, what's that flying past my window...

Well, I’m quite excited with the possibilities a rebuild offers - a year ago Huddersfield and Luton fans were probably being pretty negative about their prospects for the new season.

I’m excited to see what he can bring in to be honest. A new fresh look other than the old has beens on huge wages. Fl

I'm excited about finally moving on from a lot of these players. He's gutting the team and rebuilding. Isn't that what we all want?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm excited about finally moving on from a lot of these players. He's gutting the team and rebuilding. Isn't that what we all want?
    Exactly - some people will criticise SM for saying its Friday because they want him to say its thursday and vice versa - not sure why

I'm looking forward to next season as much as I always do

We’ll one thing’s for sure, he won’t have any excuses to turn to if we’re shit again, how often do managers get to start a season after a clear out like this

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think it's going to be fascinating. This particular manager's definitely going to provide us with some entertainment. Not necessarily for the right reasons, but I think pretty much anything is possible with him at the helm.

The next couple of weeks are going to be entertaining, let alone next season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I think it's going to be fascinating. This particular manager's definitely going to provide us with some entertainment. Not necessarily for the right reasons, but I think pretty much anything is possible with him at the helm.

The next couple of weeks are going to be entertaining, let alone next season.
    And after the totally uninspiring summer last year that has to be a good thing

I got excited about the signings of Derek Brazil and Des Hamilton

I'm easily pleased so he may have been talking to me

Please no bloody Bristol City players

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    And after the totally uninspiring summer last year that has to be a good thing
    Funny you should say that. I was reading the Racing Post's pre-season guide to 2021/22 this morning. In their Championship preview pages, they tipped City for a top six finish and promotion, and praised the astute signings of Collins, Wintle and Giles. I didn't know much about Giles, but I remember thinking Collins would be a decent back-up for Moore and I liked what I read about Wintle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    No! he's saying that he's excited aboutd the fans being excited that he's excited

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    No! he's saying that he's excited aboutd the fans being excited that he's excited
    Glad that's cleared up.

Glad that's cleared up.
    you are welcome

Funny you should say that. I was reading the Racing Post's pre-season guide to 2021/22 this morning. In their Championship preview pages, they tipped City for a top six finish and promotion, and praised the astute signings of Collins, Wintle and Giles. I didn't know much about Giles, but I remember thinking Collins would be a decent back-up for Moore and I liked what I read about Wintle.
    So you knew nothing on Giles, wrong about Collins and unsure on Wintle.

Let’s hope for a better summer but what did you think about January’s signings in January.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    So you knew nothing on Giles, wrong about Collins and unsure on Wintle.

Let’s hope for a better summer but what did you think about January’s signings in January.
    Collins is a strange one. I get the feeling that he could score a few if he got his confidence back, he did for Luton after all, but he's looked totally shot at times this season.

What did I think about January's signings in January? I knew very little about Doyle, Drameh or Doughty, I thought Ikpeazu had looked a Warnock player when I'd seen him play for Boro and his career stats suggested he wasn't very good, and I thought Hugill looked a reasonable signing if he could find a bit of form.

I know you're been impressed with Hugill, but I'm not a big fan. He's done well in some games, but he's looked poor in others. I don't think he's that great and he's 30 in a few weeks, so I'd be looking elsewhere if I was Morison.

"I am buzzing for it. I can't wait for it. I just wish everyone was as buzzing and happy as me and my staff are. I am really happy and really positive about everything that's going on and my message to the fans is: be as excited as we are, because it will be a good time."

That was Steve Morison today. He's buzzing.

"I am buzzing for it. I can't wait for it. I just wish everyone was as buzzing and happy as me and my staff are. I am really happy and really positive about everything that's going on and my message to the fans is: be as excited as we are, because it will be a good time."

That was Steve Morison today. He's buzzing.

If Steve is buzzing, then we all should be buzzing.

The Ego is excited because he is in charge and can put all his ideas into practice and he feels everyone should feel the same. What could possibly go wrong?

The Ego is excited because he is in charge and can put all his ideas into practice and he feels everyone should feel the same. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    So good you said it twice 👍