+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think Morison would be wise to stop this 'get excited' nonsense...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think Morison would be wise to stop this 'get excited' nonsense...

.. unless there are proper stars waiting to join the club, there's a real chance of fans being underwhelmed come the new season

Re: I think Morison would be wise to stop this 'get excited' nonsense...

Is he saying that the fans should be excited or that he is excited?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    No! he's saying that he's excited aboutd the fans being excited that he's excited

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    No! he's saying that he's excited aboutd the fans being excited that he's excited
    Glad that's cleared up.

Glad that's cleared up.
    you are welcome

"I am buzzing for it. I can't wait for it. I just wish everyone was as buzzing and happy as me and my staff are. I am really happy and really positive about everything that's going on and my message to the fans is: be as excited as we are, because it will be a good time."

That was Steve Morison today. He's buzzing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    "I am buzzing for it. I can't wait for it. I just wish everyone was as buzzing and happy as me and my staff are. I am really happy and really positive about everything that's going on and my message to the fans is: be as excited as we are, because it will be a good time."

If Steve is buzzing, then we all should be buzzing.

Steve the whole of a Bee Morison

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    .. unless there are proper stars waiting to join the club, there's a real chance of fans being underwhelmed come the new season
    It’s not just me then! He’s really setting himself up for a fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It’s not just me then! He’s really setting himself up for a fall.
    Aye, I thought that today Des Parrot.

He's said it in his last 4 interviews - that we should get excited. Then he's said we won't know players and may need to Google them. I've rarely been 'excited' about a player I've never heard of!

It's like he's playing football manager and think it's real life.

Setting himself up for a fall, unless......

Setting himself up for a fall, unless......[/QUOTE]

the Holy Grail of Bale, Ramsey and Allen come here...hang on, what's that flying past my window...

Yep nothing to be gained from it at all. Absolutely nothing. Nobody is getting excited by him saying it anyway but when the names come out he is already putting huge pressure on them as everyone will say "hardly to get that excited about after he was rejected from......"

Well, I’m quite excited with the possibilities a rebuild offers - a year ago Huddersfield and Luton fans were probably being pretty negative about their prospects for the new season.

I’m excited to see what he can bring in to be honest. A new fresh look other than the old has beens on huge wages. Fl

I'm excited about finally moving on from a lot of these players. He's gutting the team and rebuilding. Isn't that what we all want?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm excited about finally moving on from a lot of these players. He's gutting the team and rebuilding. Isn't that what we all want?
    I think it's going to be fascinating. This particular manager's definitely going to provide us with some entertainment. Not necessarily for the right reasons, but I think pretty much anything is possible with him at the helm.

The next couple of weeks are going to be entertaining, let alone next season.

I think it's going to be fascinating. This particular manager's definitely going to provide us with some entertainment. Not necessarily for the right reasons, but I think pretty much anything is possible with him at the helm.

The next couple of weeks are going to be entertaining, let alone next season.
    And after the totally uninspiring summer last year that has to be a good thing

I got excited about the signings of Derek Brazil and Des Hamilton

I'm easily pleased so he may have been talking to me

Please no bloody Bristol City players

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    And after the totally uninspiring summer last year that has to be a good thing
    Funny you should say that. I was reading the Racing Post's pre-season guide to 2021/22 this morning. In their Championship preview pages, they tipped City for a top six finish and promotion, and praised the astute signings of Collins, Wintle and Giles. I didn't know much about Giles, but I remember thinking Collins would be a decent back-up for Moore and I liked what I read about Wintle.

Funny you should say that. I was reading the Racing Post's pre-season guide to 2021/22 this morning. In their Championship preview pages, they tipped City for a top six finish and promotion, and praised the astute signings of Collins, Wintle and Giles. I didn't know much about Giles, but I remember thinking Collins would be a decent back-up for Moore and I liked what I read about Wintle.
    So you knew nothing on Giles, wrong about Collins and unsure on Wintle.

Let’s hope for a better summer but what did you think about January’s signings in January.

Lots had us tipped for top 6.

Even now xg had us finishing 9th at the end of the season.

Maybe a sign that we were poor in front of goal and in our own box.

Certainly improved when we signed a couple of strikers.

As for the last summers signings -Collins was a massive disappointment, Wintle did well but only played 1/2 a season and they were right about Giles .

The squad was in hindsight painfully short of quality.

These lot were no real replacements for the ones who left though and whatever happened to Moore and losing Morrison , along with the manager having a bit of a brain- freeze over 5 centre backs all combined for a pretty grim and quite strange season overall

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Exactly - some people will criticise SM for saying its Friday because they want him to say its thursday and vice versa - not sure why

I'm looking forward to next season as much as I always do

We’ll one thing’s for sure, he won’t have any excuses to turn to if we’re shit again, how often do managers get to start a season after a clear out like this

The Ego is excited because he is in charge and can put all his ideas into practice and he feels everyone should feel the same. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The Ego is excited because he is in charge and can put all his ideas into practice and he feels everyone should feel the same. What could possibly go wrong?
    I think a football manager should be confident in what they are doing, after all if they don't believe in it why would the players and fans?

I don't care if it comes across as arrogant, we don't have to like everything about him. Obviously if he fails then he looks foolish, but I'd expect him to be just the same if he got another job if he failed here.

I have big confidence in my ability to do my job, as I bet most do. I know its nice to be likeable, but at the end of the day he's not here to win a popularity contest he's here to make us a better team.

I was happy as soon as we were safe, I think a few selections and formations have been strange but there was no risk in doing so, he's trying to get a bunch of players who had zero confidence in actually playing football and not hoofing and strong arming their way to 3 points by being physically stronger than the opposition. The end of this season has been like an early pre season Ng in midfield May not work, but what was the harm in trying? He brought on Davies and took him off, strange, but 2 players had minutes to be looked at.

Basically the end of the season, with us being safe was a chance to try things out, even the best fail, many people have failed multiple times before finding success, you learn from failure.

There was nothing on this game. People are massively overreacting.

I know people don't like him, I can see why, he doesn't help himself in that respect but it's not really that important is it?

I'm wrong more than I'm right with managers, I was willing to give Harris time, same with OGS so perhaps I'm not too good at judging our managers ability..but let's wait and see if he fails in a full season after making big changes before writing him off.. he's not been able to play "his way" for his full time here, with the players available not able to implement what he's asked of them..we saw an improvement in January when he got a few loans in, players he wanted, players he thought could play his game, yet he's still got a load here who can't.. so he's not really able to show us what he can do with a team he thinks will do a job..he's still being hamstrung by players he probably has no use for..Warnock had his men and played his game..its still lingering like a silent fart..let's see what happens when the bad smell disappears..

He's more likely to fail than succeed given the short career of managers..but I think its fairer to judge him when he's had his squad shake-up..if he's still not sure how to set us up, making wrong decisions, getting the team selection and formation wrong and generally looking clueless pile on..

Nothing wrong with an ego, he may not be a Guardiola or wenger and may fall flat on his face, but I'm happy he's confident in what he THINKS he can do here.

At least he doesn't spin the old "my kind of people "line and try and charm fans on side..

A lot of successful people come off as arrogant and unlikeable, but if they do their job well who cares...

My fingers need a rest, tenner says nobody reads all that and my drunk ramble is a waste of WiFi.