+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Two more for Robert Glatzel

Two more for Robert Glatzel

The ex-City striker scored both of his side's goals in Hamburg's 2-1 victory over Hannover 96 today. He now has 26 goals in 38 league and cup appearances this season.

The win lifted Hamburg up to second in the Bundesliga 2 table, but it's tight at the top. Leaders Shalke 04 (59 points) play fifth-placed St Pauli (54 points) this evening. Hamburg (2nd), Darmstadt (3rd) and Werder Bremen (4th) all have 57 points.

Re: Two more for Robert Glatzel

Fair do’s that’s a great return.

I’d have liked to have seen him under Morison alongside someone like Hugill.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Fair do’s that’s a great return.
    I'm guessing that Bundesliga 2 is a significantly lower standard then the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'm guessing that Bundesliga 2 is a significantly lower standard then the Championship.
    Don’t think it is. It’s probably not quite as strong, but I’d say there’s a good chance it’s the second strongest second tier in Europe

Probably, although he walked into a situation with us that must've had his head spinning. Whatever strengths Glatzel Possesses, then i'd wager that we weren't playing to any of them. For what it's worth, i wouldn't have thought that he was good enough at championship level, certainly from a physical point of view. He was never a bad player, but he just couldn't hold the ball up, pin defenders etc. Not his fault. I really wanted him to do well as he seemed like a tidy bloke. Good luck to him. It'll be interesting to see who comes in for him during the summer.

Perhaps, although there are some pretty big clubs competing in it. Hamburg, Werder Bremen, Schalke, Dynamo Dresden, Hannover, Düsseldorf.

He was a decent player in a poor team. Harry Wilson looked average for us, but top quality at Fulham

Good on him, I liked him

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    He was a decent player in a poor team. Harry Wilson looked average for us, but top quality at Fulham
    The most accurate statement in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I thought Wilson looked class at times for us. Much less so for Glatzel who often looked like he didn’t have the heart for the battle.

they pretty much all go on to do better...odd that innit!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Much less so for Glatzel who often looked like he didn’t have the heart for the battle.
    I think that's harsh. He always looked like he was trying to me, and often looked downcast if things hadn't worked out.

I thought Wilson looked class at times for us. Much less so for Glatzel who often looked like he didn’t have the heart for the battle.
    Agree with that, he couldn't cope with the physicality of British football

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Agree with that, he couldn't cope with the physicality of British football
    It's interesting that people have that perception as he's scored plenty of headers this season and he's often in the thick of things in the highlights I've seen. Bundles the ball into the net after shoving the defender out of the way for his second goal today. But maybe he wasn't suited to having the ball pumped fifty yards in the air in his general direction while he was at City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Jz...nel=Bundesliga

I didn’t get that impression from him at all. I felt he was frustrated just not a physical striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Perhaps, although there are some pretty big clubs competing in it. Hamburg, Werder Bremen, Schalke, Dynamo Dresden, Hannover, Düsseldorf.
    Having been to the last couple of St.Pauli home matches, especially the one against (then) fellow promotion-chasing Darmstadt, I was surprised at the standard of the football being played. Hard to say where you would pitch it in terms of the English leagues, but definitely nowhere near the level of the top of the Championship in my view.

Apparently, there were approximately 57,000 at the Hamburg v Hannover game yesterday.

Guido Burgstaller closely behind him with 18 goals!!