Who does the new Man Utd manager keep? I can't think of anybody

Re: Erik ten Hag

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    None of them. They’re all useless overpaid prima donnas

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    None of them. They’re all useless overpaid prima donnas
    It's a good position for the new manager to be in. He built a decent young side at Ajax before the predators swooped.

It's a good position for the new manager to be in. He built a decent young side at Ajax before the predators swooped.
    What do you mean? He inherited that Ajax team, he didn't "build" it.

Most of the best players have since been sold though, you're correct about that.

I think you best ask our resident Man Utd fan, Sludge. He'll know what's best for his club.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post

Most of the best players have since been sold though, you're correct about that.
    "Ten Hag stamped his mark as manager of the Dutch giants during his first few transfer windows. After taking over in December 2017, he brought in no less than 11 players over the next 12 months."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...sfers-23854970

Erik ten Hag's first Ajax transfer windows prove he's perfect for Manchester United

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...sfers-23854970
    Which of the players that they list (Tadic, Blind, Tagliafico, Antony, Promes and Haller) were young and "swooped" by "predators"?

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/columnists/features/where-are-they-now-erik-ten-hags-first-starting-xi-as-ajax-manager/

Look at the line-up in his first game. He didn't sign any of those players (except Tagliafico who is still there).

The best ones were young and swooped by predators.

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/columnists/features/where-are-they-now-erik-ten-hags-first-starting-xi-as-ajax-manager/

Look at the line-up in his first game. He didn't sign any of those players (except Tagliafico who is still there).

The best ones were young and swooped by predators.
    Players don't coach themselves and make tactical decisions, otherwise they would have done it in the previous seasons

He also joined mid-season on 21 December 2017, so he had to work with what was there initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I think you best ask our resident Man Utd fan, Sludge. He'll know what's best for his club.
    There is going to be aggro if this carries on

Players don't coach themselves and make tactical decisions, otherwise they would have done it in the previous seasons
    That's not what you said.

You said "It's a good position for the new manager to be in. He built a decent young side at Ajax before the predators swooped".

He inherited De Ligt, De Jong, Ziyech, Van de Beek and Kluivert (who were all sold to "predators".). Neres was sold to Shakhtar. Onana is still there.

The players he signed that are in the article you've used to back your argument were:

Antony - 18yo when he signed. This is the only player who meets the criteria of being signed by Ten Haag and being young. He's still there (young but no swooping)

Promes - 26yo when he signed (three years ago). Was sold to Spartak Moscow for half of what they paid for him a couple of years later in 2021 (not young and no swooping).

Haller - 26yo when he signed (last year). He's still there (not young and no swooping).

Tagliafico - 25yo when he signed (four years ago). He's still there (not young and no swooping).

Tadic - 29yo when he signed (four years ago). He's still there (not young and no swooping).

Blind - 28yo when he signed (four years ago). He's still there (not young and no swooping).

Basically, he signed one young player (Antony) and he's still at the club - so he didn't "build a decent young side at Ajax before the predators swooped".

Considering your OP was "who does the new Man Utd manager keep? I can't think of anybody" and then saying Ten Hag built a young team and "It's a good position for the new manager to be in" - I wonder if you can see the contradiction?

He inherited a team of promising youngsters and coached them into being great. He then signed some older players who did well too. If there's nobody at Man Utd who you think they should keep, it's hardly the scenario Ten Hag faced coming into the Ajax job in 2019, is it?

Enjoy the rest of your evening

Considering your OP was "who does the new Man Utd manager keep? I can't think of anybody" and then saying Ten Hag built a young team and "It's a good position for the new manager to be in" - I wonder if you can see the contradiction?
    I think most managers like to bring in their own players, and there is potential to replace many of current team. The club also has some good youngsters, so it's an ideal setup for ten Hag.

I think all managers like to bring in their own players, and at Man U there is the potential to replace many of them. The club also has some good young players, so it's an ideal setup for ten Hag.
    You: "The club also has some good young players, so it's an ideal setup for ten Hag"

Also you: "who does the new Man Utd manager keep? I can't think of anybody"

You: "The club also has some good young players, so it's an ideal setup for ten Hag"

Also you: "who does the new Man Utd manager keep? I can't think of anybody"

I'm talking about the ones coming through the ranks who we haven't seen much of. Isn't it time for you to invoke the rule of holes?

I'm talking about the ones coming through the ranks and not currently fearuring regularly. Isn't it time for you to invoke the rule of holes?
    It's already been invoked, Wales Bales. I think our audience can see which one of us did it though

It's already been invoked, Wales Bales. I think our audience can see which one of us did it though
    I'm sure the ones on your payroll will agree with you

I'm sure the ones on your payroll will agree with you
    What a strange response.

I might as well continue our little tete-a-tete if you're going to be weird about it.

Who are the young Man Utd players "coming through the ranks and not currently fearuring [sic] regularly."?

Since your whole argument is specifically about ten Hag replicating what he did at Ajax: Onana, De Ligt, Ziyech, Van de Beek and De Jong were already established first-team players at Ajax when he became manager - they weren't coming through the ranks and not featuring regularly

That's not what you said.

You said "It's a good position for the new manager to be in. He built a decent young side at Ajax before the predators swooped".

He inherited De Ligt, De Jong, Ziyech, Van de Beek and Kluivert (who were all sold to "predators".). Neres was sold to Shakhtar. Onana is still there.

The players he signed that are in the article you've used to back your argument were:

Antony - 18yo when he signed. This is the only player who meets the criteria of being signed by Ten Haag and being young. He's still there (young but no swooping)

Promes - 26yo when he signed (three years ago). Was sold to Spartak Moscow for half of what they paid for him a couple of years later in 2021 (not young and no swooping).

Haller - 26yo when he signed (last year). He's still there (not young and no swooping).

Tagliafico - 25yo when he signed (four years ago). He's still there (not young and no swooping).

Tadic - 29yo when he signed (four years ago). He's still there (not young and no swooping).

Blind - 28yo when he signed (four years ago). He's still there (not young and no swooping).

Basically, he signed one young player (Antony) and he's still at the club - so he didn't "build a decent young side at Ajax before the predators swooped".

He inherited a team of promising youngsters and coached them into being great. He then signed some older players who did well too. If there's nobody at Man Utd who you think they should keep, it's hardly the scenario Ten Hag faced coming into the Ajax job in 2019, is it?

Enjoy the rest of your evening

Here comes the ambulance.

One would have thought this was a Cardiff City board! Let’s all talk about who is joining in the summer or not.

QUICKLY WALES BALES TELL HIM YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT RUSSIAN COLLUSION, IT’S THE ONLY WAY

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    One would have thought this was a Cardiff City board! Let’s all talk about who is joining in the summer or not.
    Are you 'Buzzing'?

I just prey he leaves our squad alone ??

He couldn’t build fooking lego

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I just prey he leaves our squad alone ??
    You mean, ‘You pray he doesn’t prey on our squad’

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    It will be interesting to see what he does, as I would like to see Cardiff undergo a similar process. Both clubs have been getting it wrong for a number of years now.