+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andy Campbell

Andy Campbell

Just read of the death of his 45 year old brother Neil, who was also a pro footballer. I didn’t realise Andy had a footballing brother and when I saw the photo at the top of the article I thought that ‘Neil’ was a misprint and it was our Andy who’d passed on, talk about peas in a pod. The tragedy happened at a restaurant in Yarm, where he took ill during an evening meal and despite the efforts of fellow diners he sadly didn’t make it.

After his career ended he was a very respected teacher. Condolences to the Campbell family, 45, no age, we really must enjoy and cherish life, it’s not known what’s around the corner.

Re: Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Just read of the death of his 45 year old brother Neil, who was also a pro footballer. I didn’t realise Andy had a footballing brother and when I saw the photo at the top of the article I thought that ‘Neil’ was a misprint and it was our Andy who’d passed on, talk about peas in a pod. The tragedy happened at a restaurant in Yarm, where he took ill during an evening meal and despite the efforts of fellow diners he sadly didn’t make it.

After his career ended he was a very respected teacher. Condolences to the Campbell family, 45, no age, we really must enjoy and cherish life, it’s not known what’s around the corner.
    Absolutely

Very sad to leave 2 young sons at only 45. I heard about it on my Twitter feed last week.

Bloody hell. That's both strange and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Bloody hell. That's both strange and sad.
    Devastating.

Cherish those you love.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

Very, very sad