+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jonny owen talksport radio show topic today- pitch invasions-few city mentions already!

Re: Jonny owen talksport radio show topic today- pitch invasions-few city mentions already!

My memory of the mid 70s when I was a small kid was we used to cross from the bobbank to the enclosure after the end of every game mainly because it was quicker than walking around the canton or Grange.
    Does anyone else remember that ?

Re: Jonny owen talksport radio show topic today- pitch invasions-few city mentions already!

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    My memory of the mid 70s when I was a small kid was we used to cross from the bobbank to the enclosure after the end of every game mainly because it was quicker than walking around the canton or Grange.
    Across the pitch ?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I remember it well but it wasn't exactly an invasion. I recall having trouble getting over the wall in order to gain access to the pitch and also the fact the pitch seemed much bigger when you were on it.

Lincoln away in 83 ?

Our lot got a leathering

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Across the pitch ?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Ninian Park, May 22nd 1976 Wales v Yugoslavia

That was a good one..we were after blood

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A 4-2 Friday night win at Colchester, our fans on the pitch after every goal it seemed like. Nigh on a full invasion for Neil Matthews’ cracker.
    1800 of us there that night..great fun

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    That was a good one..we were after blood
    And we nearly had it with the ref Rudi Glockner being speared by a corner flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Being a massive knobber at that time, I was one of the knobheads who took part in that due to an influx of Stella and nursing a thick lip some West Ham fan and given me before the game.

Easily recognisable due to my clothing choice for the evening too.

Got home early hours on a Saturday morning, still under the influence of alcohol and acid to receive a severe bollocking from my mother who had conveniently seen HTV news.

What was the clothing choice?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post

What was the clothing choice?
    Tricolour Ralph golfer.

Very 90s, very noticeable, very fuucking stupid. You gotta laugh mind.

http://www.urban75.org/blog/cardiff-...itch-invasion/

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Tricolour Ralph golfer.

Very 90s, very noticeable, very fuucking stupid. You gotta laugh mind.

http://www.urban75.org/blog/cardiff-...itch-invasion/
    Goodness me

I was wearing Stone Island , seems to be mainstream now though

It’s a very sobering thought that the Colchester game in question was nigh on 30 years ago Jesus, my first game was 31 years before that Layer Rd trip. Amazing how long something that you very often loathe, berate, ridicule can last so long in your make up. And they reckon drugs are addictive!!!!!!!