+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Brown autobiography

Bobby Brown autobiography

For anyone interested he's just brought one out. I've got a signed copy, bought from a local bookshop down here. Bobby has lived in Pembrokeshire for many years.
    Havent read it all yet, but I never realised he was Wales qualified as his mother was born in my home town. Pontypridd.

Re: Bobby Brown autobiography

My Prerogative and Every Little Step were class songs at the time

of course he is toxic now, beating anyone is never a good move, espeically Whitney Houston

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

of course he is toxic now, beating anyone is never a good move, espeically Whitney Houston

Obviously my Bobby is before you're time.
    😀

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Obviously my Bobby is before you're time.
    ��
    I thank you, at 50 something, thats not something I hear often, I will have a youthful spring In my step today

Back in the 70's I went for a drink with some mates in the then White Hart in St Mellons. I put my coat over the back of my chair and went to the bar no more than a yard away. I looked around and saw this guy move my coat and was about to take my chair. I knew who he was straight away but I still told him it was my chair. He said sarcastically, "Sorry I didn't see your name on it". Yes, it was Bobby Brown and he went way down in my estimation after that !

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

When I read Bobby Brown, my first thought was the women's make-up brand. My ex was a big fan. Any relation?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Back in the 70's I went for a drink with some mates in the then White Hart in St Mellons. I put my coat over the back of my chair and went to the bar no more than a yard away. I looked around and saw this guy move my coat and was about to take my chair. I knew who he was straight away but I still told him it was my chair. He said sarcastically, "Sorry I didn't see your name on it". Yes, it was Bobby Brown and he went way down in my estimation after that !
    His side of the story is in Chapter 9!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    His side of the story is in Chapter 9!
    His apology should have been in Chapter I, my first impressions of him were correct lol

"The chair with no name - Bobby Brown's Autobiography".

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    "The chair with no name - Bobby Brown's Autobiography".
    Or "Don't you know who I am, my chair stealing years"

Never heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Never heard of him.
    You cant be serious! 😛

His apology should have been in Chapter I, my first impressions of him were correct lol
    Only got to C2 so far, but will let you know as soon as your con tre temps is mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Never heard of him.
    Really?????

His goalscoring stats were excellent, better than 1 in 2 at club level. I was at the Villa game on Boxing Day 1967 when he suffered his career-ending injury. My overriding memory is a picture showing his knee in some bubble-wrap type of material as he was carried from the pitch. Anyone else remember this ?

His goalscoring stats were excellent, better than 1 in 2 at club level. I was at the Villa game on Boxing Day 1967 when he suffered his career-ending injury. My overriding memory is a picture showing his knee in some bubble-wrap type of material as he was carried from the pitch. Anyone else remember this ?
    Yep, right in front of us, he was down for a good while in the penalty area. He did a bit of work at Cae’r Castell Youth Club in the early 70s.

We beat Villa 3-0 in Bobby Brown’s last match, despite finishing the match with nine men.

‘Knees up Bobby Brown’ was our song for him but does anyone remember the Wurzel fans singing ‘Let’s all drink to the death of Bobby Brown’? (To the Kinks song) at Ashton Gate.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We beat Villa 3-0 in Bobby Brown’s last match, despite finishing the match with nine men.
    Yes, I woz there. Wasnt it Peter Rodriguez hobblong on the wing as well?

If you're interested Paul I am quite happy to pass it onto you once I've finished with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    When I read Bobby Brown, my first thought was the women's make-up brand. My ex was a big fan. Any relation?
    might be his sister , as thats Bobbi Brown ( who was a American mate-up artist )

Yes, and my first game watching City - Boxing Day 1967. Bobby was carried off after breaking his leg and (at 7 years of age) I asked my Dad if this happened in every game?

Also, a certain Willie Anderson was playing for Villa that day - someone I would be cheering on in the decade to come.

Have to say ive never heard of him and thought this thread was about the American singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Have to say ive never heard of him and thought this thread was about the American singer.
    who also has autobiography, called Every Little Step, came out in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Yes, I woz there. Wasnt it Peter Rodriguez hobblong on the wing as well?
    No, Peter Rodrigues had moved on by then, went to Leicester in 1965.