+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dennis Waterman

Re: Dennis Waterman

The Sweeney- iconic programme , ahead of its time. Great actors and action. Wouldn’t be able to show it on tv these days.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    The Sweeney was the best British cop show ever. RIP Dennis and thanks for the memories.
    I agree. It surprised me that all the headlines mentioned Minder and New trick but not The Sweeney. I'd like to know why? Has it been 'cancelled'?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    He admitted he beat Rula Lenska, horrible man.
    I remember he appeared on a chat show and the interviewer asked him if he regretted that Rula left him because of domestic violence. He replied by saying something like, if I'd known that I'd have given her a clump a lot earlier. If it was now he'd never have worked again. That said I don't think Minder or Only Fools and Horses would be made now. I was a massive fan of both. I think they both hit a real golden age after the first series or two. Then I think they both went downhill quite badly towards the end, particularly Minder after Waterman left.

Both Minder and the Sweeney are regularly on ITV4. Minder, as with most comedies, is showing it’s age but the Sweeney is great viewing and better than most of today’s TV, even if you can remember the storylines from the 70s
    Last edited by Toggs; 09-05-22 at 13:56. Reason: Messed up the emojis!