+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is this true?

Is this true?

Re: Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If true, we unfortunately have previous… I remember Ronnie Moore scoring loads for Rotherham before joining us, then he couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo.
    P.S. I did see him score 👍🏻

Mad if so
    It’s not true.

the Turkish one and ligue 2 are true, glatzel and burgstaller are someilike 4th and 6th top scorers in 2. bundesliga

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It’s not true.
    I think it's "true" but poorly worded. "Bundesliga 2. top 2 golden boot" looks to mean that Glatzel is in the top 2 for the golden boot, which is a strange way of saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    I think it's "true" but poorly worded. "Bundesliga 2. top 2 golden boot" looks to mean that Glatzel is in the top 2 for the golden boot, which is a strange way of saying it.
    Cornelius isn’t the top scorer in Turkey either. He’s joint-top with two others I think. Poorly worded and factually inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the Turkish one and ligue 2 are true, glatzel and burgstaller are someilike 4th and 6th top scorers in 2. bundesliga
    Glatzel is second in the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Cornelius isn’t the top scorer in Turkey either. He’s joint-top with two others I think. Poorly worded and factually inaccurate.
    He didn't say "top scorer" though he said "golden boot" which usually goes to one or more of the top scorers in a division. If Cornelius is joint-top scorer then he's won the golden boot - but he just has to share it with someone.

Just a poorly worded tweet, in my opinion.

Scratch that. The Turkish league hasn't even finished yet. Shit, inaccurate Tweet after all

Well even if it's not 100% true, it's there or thereabouts so it's still pretty mad

I get the gist of the tweet. Former City strikers making hay elsewhere, whilst our current lot flounder. More bad stats to add to this yrs lot. Just need a plague of locust now and a bout of the black death for a full house.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I get the gist of the tweet. Former City strikers making hay elsewhere, whilst our current lot flounder. More bad stats to add to this yrs lot. Just need a plague of locust now and a bout of the black death for a full house.
    Or former strikers making hay in lesser cometative leagues as ours , having failed to deliver in ours .

I think it raises an interesting point about why strikers who can clearly score goals fail to do so here (kieffer apart)

I think it raises an interesting point about why strikers who can clearly score goals fail to do so here (kieffer apart)
    What’s your opinion on it?
    We’ve had plenty of strikers over the yrs who had their best scoring periods whilst with us.
    The likes of Glatzel had enough games for us to show up, and did show glimpses of what he was capable of .He’s maturing now into a decent striker. Cornelius was wet behind the ears when he came here and had a big price tag around his head. He was also attempting to compete in one of the best leagues in the world, when ever he got a rare chance. He’s also now starting to flourish in a weaker league.

What’s your opinion on it?
    We’ve had plenty of strikers over the yrs who had their best scoring periods whilst with us.
    The likes of Glatzel had enough games for us to show up, and did show glimpses of what he was capable of .He’s maturing now into a decent striker. Cornelius was wet behind the ears when he came here and had a big price tag around his head. He was also attempting to compete in one of the best leagues in the world, when ever he got a rare chance. He’s also now starting to flourish in a weaker league.
    I have no great opinion or theory to be honest. I think the timing was wrong for Cornelius and I think Glatzel would probably have scored more for a lot of other teams in the league, I just thought it was mildly interesting

I have no great opinion or theory to be honest. I think the timing was wrong for Cornelius and I think Glatzel would probably have scored more for a lot of other teams in the league, I just thought it was mildly interesting
    It was actually. 👍