+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: VE Day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: VE Day

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Thanks you to all past and present service personnel

Anyone do anything to celebrate ? ?

we have afternoon tea in the garden, a few sandwiches cut into triangles ( like posh people do ) and cheese scones and then plain / cheery scones with jam and cream ( it was something that a mate of mine did to celebrate when he came down to stay with us about 10 years ago, he is still serving, now a staff Sargent and still does it )
    just Reading an article about a few 80 something Cypriots still trying to sue the UK after being tortured and having pals murdered by the UK military when they were juveniles in the 1950's... Enjoy your jam scones thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    just Reading an article about a few 80 something Cypriots still trying to sue the UK after being tortured and having pals murdered by the UK military when they were juveniles in the 1950's... Enjoy your jam scones thou.
    Jam and cream Scones, while raising a cuppa to the past and present service personnel but yea we did thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Jam and cream Scones, while raising a cuppa to the past and present service personnel but yea we did thanks
    I hope Wales soon gains it's independence then, I'd gladly raise a cuppa for our servicemen, ones who's allegiances lie here and would never have carried thatcher's coffin or called their own whingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    I hope Wales soon gains it's independence then, I'd gladly raise a cuppa for our servicemen, ones who's allegiances lie here and would never have carried thatcher's coffin or called their own whingers.
    You talk utter ****ing shit

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    You talk utter ****ing shit
    I’d have carried the witch’s coffin but the lid would have had to been off so I could make sure it definitely was her in it. Lamby Way tip would have been its final destination.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’d have carried the witch’s coffin but the lid would have had to been off so I could make sure it definitely was her in it. Lamby Way tip would have been its final destination.
    Going to have to disagree with your sentiments there.

I’d have cryogenically preserved her corpse and wheeled it out on the 8th April every year so people could commemorate or celebrate her demise accordingly. Perhaps leaving people throw things at her? Granted that could be a touch too far?

I’d also make that April 8th a Bank Holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Going to have to disagree with your sentiments there.

I’d have cryogenically preserved her corpse and wheeled it out on the 8th April every year so people could commemorate or celebrate her demise accordingly. Perhaps leaving people throw things at her? Granted that could be a touch too far?

I’d also make that April 8th a Bank Holiday.
    Trampthedirtdownday?