+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conte

Conte

Fair play, he's turned around a declining and disinterested team, and he's done the business wherever he's been.

How does he rate compared to Pep, Klopp & Tuchel?

Re: Conte

He’s brilliant, seems to do it wherever he goes….just never seems to stay anywhere for very long.

Interesting post-match comments from Son, where he says they analyse every situation after the game looking for improvements. This is an area where a good manager can really make a difference.

Is he really though?

He's got a team that should be in the top 4 into the top 4

He's had a few good wins but also a few very poor loses

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Interesting post-match comments from Son, where he says they analyse every situation after the game looking for improvements. This is an area where a good manager can really make a difference.
    They've probably got 20 analysts to hand.

I would be more surprised if they didn't

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They've probably got 20 analysts to hand.

I would be more surprised if they didn't
    They obviously weren't doing it right because their best players were piss poor, and that's where the new manager comes into it!

They do that in league 2 as well.

He was moaning like **** not so long back.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    They do that in league 2 as well.

He was moaning like **** not so long back.
    Conte brought his own coaching staff with him, including his brother who is the technical & analytics coach, and was with him at Juventus, Chelsea and Inter Milan. Let's just say it's an upgrade on what was there previously

Conte brought his own coaching staff with him, including his brother who is the technical & analytics coach, and was with him at Juventus, Chelsea and Inter Milan. Let's just say it's an upgrade on what was there previously
    What's that got to do with my reply?

They obviously weren't doing it right because their best players were piss poor, and that's where the new manager comes into it!
    And he immediately got rid of that useless show pony Delli Ali, proving his necessary ruthlesness and Lampard's inexperience.

What's that got to do with my reply?
    Just pointing out their technical & analytics department are slightly better than League 2 level, and probably rivalling the setups at the other top clubs, hence their current position in the league.

There's lot of short term success managers who have that gift to change things for the better if the tools , players and finance are there.

There are occasions when big managers fail at very big clubs .

On the other side of the coin you have managers like Warnock who motivated those clubs with lesser skilled players .

You then have managers like Gerrard who get chucked into their first gig and off it goes.

For me it's about players wanting it and follow the new managers ways and tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    And he immediately got rid of that useless show pony Delli Ali, proving his necessary ruthlesness and Lampard's inexperience.

It's still early days, let's see what he does after a few more transfer windows. I like his ruthlessness though, we don't see enough of it.

Just pointing out their technical & analytics department are slightly better than League 2 level, and probably rivalling the setups at the other top clubs, hence their current position in the league.
    My bad I completely ignored the fact I posted that. Not to self sleep more off nights..

I was on about him moaning not so long back because teamwas shit and couldn't win he was contemplating his future there wasn't he?

My bad I completely ignored the fact I posted that. Not to self sleep more off nights..

I was on about him moaning not so long back because teamwas shit and couldn't win he was contemplating his future there wasn't he?
    I'd put that down to the toxic environment created by Mourinho.

I'd put that down to the toxic environment created by Mourinho.
    How long has Mourinho been gone? It was only a few weeks ago maybe a month or 2 he was (conte) moaning.

How long has Mourinho been gone? It was only a few weeks ago maybe a month or 2 he was (conte) moaning.
    Teething problems mate, it takes a while to turn around a sinking ship. The coaching staff only got their work permits in November, so to be back in the top 4 already is good progress, especially when you consider Conte is the 4th manager since Pochettino left in 2019. You just have to look at Cardiff City to see how difficult it is to turn things around when you keep on changing managers, and don't have a long term plan. Mourinho was a disaster even though he is/was one of the worlds top managers.

Teething problems mate, it takes a while to turn around a sinking ship. The coaching staff only got their work permits in November, so to be back in the top 4 already is good progress, especially when you consider Conte is the 4th manager since Pochettino left in 2019. You just have to look at Cardiff City to see how difficult it is to turn things around when you keep on changing managers, and don't have a long term plan. Mourinho was a disaster even though he is/was one of the worlds top managers.
    Won't deny any of that.

Point I was making is he was literally weeks ago moaning about the whole club..now they're on another upward curve (it's a rolloercoaster ride) he's happy.

If only he trusted his process as much as Wales Bale's on the ccmb messageboard. The font of football knowledge.

Spurs are such under achievers aren't they?

Especially because they have what is the best strike partnership in the league. Some of the goals they scored Saturday were beautiful.

Can they keep hold of son? Would he be as effective without Kane?

But I do like Conte.

Won't deny any of that.

Point I was making is he was literally weeks ago moaning about the whole club..now they're on another upward curve (it's a rolloercoaster ride) he's happy.

If only he trusted his process as much as Wales Bale's on the ccmb messageboard. The font of football knowledge.
    One man's moaning is another man's motivational psychology, and whatever he did it's worked

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Spurs are such under achievers aren't they?

Especially because they have what is the best strike partnership in the league. Some of the goals they scored Saturday were beautiful.

Can they keep hold of son? Would he be as effective without Kane?

But I do like Conte.
    Lukaku is an interesting case study, he was brilliant at Inter while underperforming at Man Utd & Chelsea.

One man's moaning is another man's motivational psychology, and whatever he did it's worked
    It's working.

It's working.
    We are talking about football here and achievable short-term goals, so I'd say being being in the top 4 and in control of their own destiny during the run-in would be viewed as "worked" by the Spurs management team, just as Pep was the happier of the two managers after yesterdays draw, even though he hasn't won anything yet.

We are talking about football here and achievable short-term goals, so I'd say being being in the top 4 and in control of their own destiny during the run-in would be viewed as "worked" by the Spurs management team, just as Pep was the happier of the two managers after yesterdays draw, even though he hasn't won anything yet.
    Working this half of this season

I've read your views and you won't change mine, save your energy

Bothers me not one bit if it works the next few seasons either, got a few mates who are spurs fans makes watching them easier if they win.

Working this half of this season
    Nuno Espírito Santo was the manager until he got fired in November, so I'm not sure what Conte's input was up until then.