+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pack Leaving

Re: Pack Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good luck to him. Problems arise with players like Pack when they're asked to do things that they quite clearly can't, and probably never have. I'm not bigging him up too much, but he did have some ability, a decent touch and a bit of vision. Those were not the qualities prioritised by our managers during Pack's time at the club. Pack plays across the line, a pivot between defence and attack. What chance did he really have?
    But also you could see his speed of thought was quicker than his ability to deliver the outcome. Too often his passes got telegraphed or he got caught in possession trying to deliver. As you and others said needed players and manager on a different wavelength but you do wonder whether players like Pack who take a ball under control, take a touch and look up have had their day compared with those encouraged to move the ball quickly.

Good player, experienced but we just have waaay too many identical midfielders and ralls & vaulks have a bit more about them

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is that all? Watford have had more than us AND managed promotion!
    Already you win my 'favourite post of the week', and it's only Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No surprise he's been sent packing.
    You've waited since the day he's signed to make that particular quip....

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    You've waited since the day he's signed to make that particular quip....
    The Player of the Season is off as well. One less Drameh Queen

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    But also you could see his speed of thought was quicker than his ability to deliver the outcome. Too often his passes got telegraphed or he got caught in possession trying to deliver. As you and others said needed players and manager on a different wavelength but you do wonder whether players like Pack who take a ball under control, take a touch and look up have had their day compared with those encouraged to move the ball quickly.
    Yup, we seem to be moving towards a quicker, higher Tempo style of football. (in general) I didn't rate Pack that highly, i just believed that whatever attributes he did possess were never really utilised, although you make a good point about his ponderous style of play. Wasn't he a Warnock signing? odd one that.

I heard a few months back he and Flint fell out as well , and they were previously very good mates according to Packs father in Portsmouth, not sure if that had any bearing on his playing time with us after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, we seem to be moving towards a quicker, higher Tempo style of football. (in general) I didn't rate Pack that highly, i just believed that whatever attributes he did possess were never really utilised, although you make a good point about his ponderous style of play. Wasn't he a Warnock signing? odd one that.
    I think he was a Warnock deadline day signing. I'm sure Pack wasn't going to sniff at a lucrative three year contract. What Warnock was thinking is a bit more elusive!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Always saw him as a defensive midfielder who needed more creative players in front of him. Because for the majority of his time here he didn't have those players, I think he felt obliged to venture forward himself thus exposing his weaknesses.
    Good player in the right team, but I think he's another player we never got the best out of.
    yep, always had the CDM look about him, so should have had a little more time to pick that pass

Bristol apparently looking at him as a cheap option

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...ardiff-7068243