+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pack Leaving

Pack Leaving

Posted on Instagram that he is leaving the club. Not a shock, wonder if this is the first of many today...

Re: Pack Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Posted on Instagram that he is leaving the club. Not a shock, wonder if this is the first of many today...
    No surprise he's been sent packing.

I wish him well, but he was symptomatic of our laboured and negative approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I wish him well, but he was symptomatic of our laboured and negative approach.
    yes, not sure if it was him declining quickly, or problems with the team highlighting his weaknesses but he rapidly went from an asset to a weakness in the team.

be interesting to see where he crops up next.

I’d have liked to have had him here when he was twenty five. Scored some good goals and provided the best pass I’ve seen from a City player in recent years with a ball inside the full back for Harry Wilson to score against Birmingham.

Good luck to him in the future - think he’ll become a coach or maybe a manager when he stops playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes, not sure if it was him declining quickly, or problems with the team highlighting his weaknesses but he rapidly went from an asset to a weakness in the team.

be interesting to see where he crops up next.
    Didn't realise he played over a hundred games for us.

Wouldnt be surprised to see him go back to Pompey, his hometown club.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d have liked to have had him here when he was twenty five. Scored some good goals and provided the best pass I’ve seen from a City player in recent years with a ball inside the full back for Harry Wilson to score against Birmingham.

Good luck to him in the future - think he’ll become a coach or maybe a manager when he stops playing.
    Agreed. He could certainly pick a pass. I enjoyed watching him early on, but towards the end he was much-maligned. A pity as he could have fitted that "quarterback" midfield role really well, in his prime. Good luck with his future career.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Agreed. He could certainly pick a pass. I enjoyed watching him early on, but towards the end he was much-maligned. A pity as he could have fitted that "quarterback" midfield role really well, in his prime. Good luck with his future career.
    The problem Pack had with us was he was a part of a midfield of similar paced players and we had limited pace and movement around or in front of him - this was further compounded when NML, Junior and Murphy left and not replaced. He did ok-ish when Wilson was in the side but his passing certainly suffered when there were no runners available for him.

Decent player though and wish him well.

Only Flint left to go of the 3 of the most ridiculous signings we made in the last few years for big money from a club that was always languishing behind us

When we used to play the wurzels and you saw the names Tomlin, Pack and Flint I'd always think we' are better than them - Tomlin doesn't work, Pack is slow and Flint turns like a cruise liner

And Warnock spunked over £10m on them (admittedly Flint came from M'Boro but their fans were of the opinion to let him go he's not that good)

They all seem like decent guys and they're going so there's no point being disrespectful but when you think about the decent players we've had here in that time - those 3 will be nowhere near them. What was Warnock thinking (Well actually I've got a good idea)

If Flint does leave, how many clubs let their top scorer walk away after their contract has expired?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If Flint does leave, how many clubs let their top scorer walk away after their contract has expired?
    I expect that Blackburn will be this season

edit- actually it seems that Blackburn have a year option

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Only Flint left to go of the 3 of the most ridiculous signings we made in the last few years for big money from a club that was always languishing behind us

When we used to play the wurzels and you saw the names Tomlin, Pack and Flint I'd always think we' are better than them - Tomlin doesn't work, Pack is slow and Flint turns like a cruise liner

And Warnock spunked over £10m on them (admittedly Flint came from M'Boro but their fans were of the opinion to let him go he's not that good)

They all seem like decent guys and they're going so there's no point being disrespectful but when you think about the decent players we've had here in that time - those 3 will be nowhere near them. What was Warnock thinking (Well actually I've got a good idea)
    What should we make of Flint being captain on Saturday? A recognition of someone who always gave his all and has just finished his best season for us or a taste of things to come with a new contract agreed? I’d guess the former.

Stood out massively as the rest of the squad didn’t have the legs around him that he probably needed. Certainly didn’t get him in his prime

Sadly won’t be missed as a player of CCFC but I wish him well

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

Under £8m actually, according to transfer market, although they report Tomlin as £2.97m whereas I thought it was around £2m ? Pack was only £750k.

I know folk hated him for his game plan but cant help think that what was asked of him , his efforts were better than Bacuna's .

I think Flint as Captain next year is good call as the defence needs a leader , he is defiantly a committed player who gives his all .

Think Pack and Flints wives are known to each other and I'm sure there was a conflict on holiday between the wives some time ago and Flint came home ?

The most damming thing about this season is the emergence of Pack to look half useful. I wish him the best of luck.

Good luck to him. He had his moments for us.

In his farewell message, Pack apparently thanked all the managers he’s worked under at Cardiff. That’s four of them in three years, which gives an indication of how well things have gone since the last Premier League relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In his farewell message, Pack apparently thanked all the managers he’s worked under at Cardiff. That’s four of them in three years, which gives an indication of how well things have gone since the last Premier League relegation.
    Is that all? Watford have had more than us AND managed promotion!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Barcelona and Messi
    Real Madrid and Ronaldo

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Barcelona and Messi
    Real Madrid and Ronaldo
    He'd be in good company then! Who'd have thought?

Always saw him as a defensive midfielder who needed more creative players in front of him. Because for the majority of his time here he didn't have those players, I think he felt obliged to venture forward himself thus exposing his weaknesses.
    Good player in the right team, but I think he's another player we never got the best out of.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Always saw him as a defensive midfielder who needed more creative players in front of him. Because for the majority of his time here he didn't have those players, I think he felt obliged to venture forward himself thus exposing his weaknesses.
    Good player in the right team, but I think he's another player we never got the best out of.
    Yeah I always thought that he was quite a gifted footballer technically and amazed (or maybe not ) that we never got the best from him.

Good luck to him. Problems arise with players like Pack when they're asked to do things that they quite clearly can't, and probably never have. I'm not bigging him up too much, but he did have some ability, a decent touch and a bit of vision. Those were not the qualities prioritised by our managers during Pack's time at the club. Pack plays across the line, a pivot between defence and attack. What chance did he really have?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good luck to him. Problems arise with players like Pack when they're asked to do things that they quite clearly can't, and probably never have. I'm not bigging him up too much, but he did have some ability, a decent touch and a bit of vision. Those were not the qualities prioritised by our managers during Pack's time at the club. Pack plays across the line, a pivot between defence and attack. What chance did he really have?
    Yeah good point