+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haaland to City

Haaland to City

Manchester City that is. It seems almost certain now that Haaland will sign for them this summer. Whilst it’ll be great to watch another superstar in the league I can’t help but worry the Premier League will go the way of the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 with a single team dominating for years. If they win this season they’ll have won 4 of the last 5 and Haaland will only make the gap bigger.

Re: Haaland to City

A lot of the Dortmund fans seem to think he’ll be a flop.

He’s a type of striker I enjoy watching mind

Unlike those leagues there's too much money spread around for that.

Liverpool might feel they could have won at least one more during that time and will come again next season I'm sure. Chelsea we will see what happens there.

As fun as it is to watch man united get beat, they are such a huge club I can't see them being this inept for another decade.

All cycles, this is their time domestically.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Why should he be a flop, I wonder. He knows where the back of the net is, and City have lacked an out and out goalscoring target man for a few seasons. With the service he’ll be getting next season, expect Peps team to go up a notch. That’s all they’ve been lacking in recent years. A guaranteed goal scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Considering his stats at Dortmund, 88 goals in 85 games, I’m surprised they think he’ll flop. He certainly won’t be short of chances with the likes of KDB, Silva, Mahrez, etc setting him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Why should he be a flop, I wonder. He knows where the back of the net is, and City have lacked an out and out goalscoring target man for a few seasons. With the service he’ll be getting next season, expect Peps team to go up a notch. That’s all they’ve been lacking in recent years. A guaranteed goal scorer.
    I think the comments I’ve read is he’s not been the same since his injury. But I’m sure you can find negative comments about any player.

Does he play the Man City way? I’m not sure but I’m very interested to watch him in the strongest league in the world currently.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Manchester City that is. It seems almost certain now that Haaland will sign for them this summer. Whilst it’ll be great to watch another superstar in the league I can’t help but worry the Premier League will go the way of the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 with a single team dominating for years. If they win this season they’ll have won 4 of the last 5 and Haaland will only make the gap bigger.
    Pep will have finally built the new Barcelona, they'll probably three new top class players.

**** man city and their money

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    This.

Once Pep goes they'll struggle

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If it stops Liverpool and their money then alls good.

Harry Kane will be disappointed.

I doubt it.I could manage that team.

They’ll be unstoppable if he stays fit

Nice to see he’s following in his father’s footsteps. Is he a Man City fan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    You can chuck Man Utd in that sentiment as well. Obviously don’t know the full package for Haaland but isn’t his transfer fee less than Man Utd paid for Maguire. Not calling out Maguire, it’s not his fault, but sort of puts the ‘free spending Man City’ jibes into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Liverpool and all their money? Man City are owned by the Abu Dhabi royal family. They own a country and football teams all over the world.

Point of order in relation to referring to Manchester City as "City" on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Point of order in relation to referring to Manchester City as "City" on this board.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

Citeh will be unbeatable with a proper centre forward.
    He seems to have a lot more to his game but he is the missing piece.

Imagine how good they would have been if they'd had he or Kane this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Harry Kane will be disappointed.
    Man City fans wont be.

As unbelieveably good Kane is, he'll be 29 soon. Haaland is 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    United won 8 in 11 missed out for 2 years then won 5 in 7 so the Premier league has pretty much always been a procession.
    Then suddenly there was new competition and the clubs who were raking in the euro money hate the upstarts who didn't need it and tried/are trying to close that drawbridge.
    Man city (and maybe Newcastle eventually) can't win it often enough for me if they are stopping united Liverpool and arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    United won 8 in 11 missed out for 2 years then won 5 in 7 so the Premier league has pretty much always been a procession.
    Then suddenly there was new competition and the clubs who were raking in the euro money hate the upstarts who didn't need it and tried/are trying to close that drawbridge.
    Man city (and maybe Newcastle eventually) can't win it often enough for me if they are stopping united Liverpool and arsenal
    Erm it’s been touched on on this thread with the ‘City’ in the title. We know that we are the City on this board. Anyway which United are you referring to?…..Sorry for pulling you up but it is Messageboard Law.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You can chuck Man Utd in that sentiment as well. Obviously don’t know the full package for Haaland but isn’t his transfer fee less than Man Utd paid for Maguire. Not calling out Maguire, it’s not his fault, but sort of puts the ‘free spending Man City’ jibes into perspective.
    Maguire is a big part of their massive problem though.

Phil Jones was another big signing (for his time) who flopped there.

You can have all the best attacking players money can buy but if you can't keep em out you're fecked.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Maguire is a big part of their massive problem though.

Phil Jones was another big signing (for his time) who flopped there.

You can have all the best attacking players money can buy but if you can't keep em out you're fecked.
    Whenever I saw Phil Jones I thought he was going to be a brilliant player

Whenever I saw Harry Maguire I thought Sean Morrison was a far better player