+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Trust..CCFC big row brewing

Re: Trust..CCFC big row brewing

Trust Registered With Financial Conduct Authority

We are pleased to announce that our registration as a formal community society was confirmed this week by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
    Chairman Keith Morgan said: ““We are pleased to announce that our registration as a formal Community Benefit Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) was completed on May 18, 2022 under the name The Bluebirds Supporters Society Limited (our trading name of Cardiff City Supporters Trust will remain the same).
    “This is welcome news and represents the next stage in the development of the Trust going forward. For the sake of clarity, it should be stressed that the Football Supporters Association (FSA) has always recognised CCST as a bona fide supporters’ organisation and full members of FSA and its predecessor organisation meeting all of its membership criteria.
    “Indeed, we have received thanks for our work contributing to national issues related to football, including the recent Fans Led Review of football which formed part of the recent Queen’s Speech in Parliament.”
    At the Trust’s annual general meeting next month, members will be asked to vote to transfer over to the new legal structure.
    Nicola Cave of the FSA said: “The Football Supporters Association are delighted that Cardiff City FC supporters have taken this step towards a registered democratic society, to further strengthen their voices and complement their existing community projects. We look forward to continuing to support them and their members.”

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Supporting a football (other sports too) club is definitely a unique situation.
    Cricket supporters , aren’t anything like football supporters though and it’s a sport I prefer over football. I wouldn’t have a clue how much a Glamorgan player earns or how much Ben Stokes gets ( I could look it up) so I guess I would be just a customer to the ECB or GCCC.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Cricket supporters , aren’t anything like football supporters though and it’s a sport I prefer over football. I wouldn’t have a clue how much a Glamorgan player earns or how much Ben Stokes gets ( I could look it up) so I guess I would be just a customer to the ECB or GCCC.
    You haven’t seen the banners or heard the chanting at England cricket matches then? The emails I get from Glammy are very customer orientated also.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The ECB treat supporters of county cricket with utter contempt.

You haven’t seen the banners or heard the chanting at England cricket matches then? The emails I get from Glammy are very customer orientated also.
    Yes , been to numerous test matches and Lords. Just felt like a customer and was just interested in the result (and the weather ) not the finances , the wages of the players etc. I think that’s how it should be

Glamorgan do communicate well through emails but they don’t have a ticket office as such anymore neither do the ECB.
    Everything is done virtually even away trips (ECB). It appears the club are following that pathway.

Don’t blame you, the Kia-Ora is nowhere near the same quality.
    Football, cinéma and now cars. I was following it until then.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What , apart from organising travel and the kids Xmas party ....which they do well ...have the supporters club done in terms of .....good things in general ?
    Introduced a drum in the Canton stand to improve atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Torture

Some like it but I think over the seasons it's reduced our repertoire of songs. We use to be one of the best for songs, but now down to whatever fits the beat of the drum...and often led by the drums rather than the crowd.

It's awful, and you can hear at every game how it manages to kill chants stone dead within seconds. It's destroying the atmosphere, rather than helping it. The thing should be ritually burned in the car park...

There’s a kid at Merthyr matches who brings a drum, he’s only about 8, but I could throttle the little ****er it’s so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    It's awful, and you can hear at every game how it manages to kill chants stone dead within seconds. It's destroying the atmosphere, rather than helping it. The thing should be ritually burned in the car park...

There’s a kid at Merthyr matches who brings a drum, he’s only about 8, but I could throttle the little ****er it’s so annoying.
    It's just as well that vuvuzelas didn't catch on.....

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Some like it but I think over the seasons it's reduced our repertoire of songs. We use to be one of the best for songs, but now down to whatever fits the beat of the drum...and often led by the drums rather than the crowd.
    100% agree. Replace the drum with a dozen guys on the catwalk starting chants would be a much better improvement to the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I think a bassoon quartet would be far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think a bassoon quartet would be far better.
    With you on your triangle 👍