+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Trust..CCFC big row brewing

Re: Trust..CCFC big row brewing

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    If they are not officially recognised by the club, how is he ?

How many members have they got out of a fan data base of around 200k ?
    People set up a trust

People openly and secretly abuse and threaten members of the trust

And most of our fans want a pot of gold without having to dig for it

So don't bother joining or take the piss out of the trust

Trust loses members

And this goes round and round so people who just want to watch the football and do nothing end up doing CCFCs job for it ......divide and rule

We have what we deserve , the farcical red episode , tan , the trust with no power, the works

Welcome to CCFC 2022

I think someone at the club doesn't like criticism.

The statement includes easily verifiable inaccuracies regarding the FSA.

CCST and CCSC are mentioned on the FSA website - Affiliates and associates - Football Supporters' Association (thefsa.org.uk)
    Last edited by PontBlue; 09-05-22 at 17:42. Reason: Sounded like Yoda

Your not far wrong with that assessment, I’ve never seen anything from the trust apart from a poster on here who does commentary on HMRC filed accounts in respect of Cardiff City
    Here you go:

http://www.ccfctrust.org/

International

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    That answers my question.... I think!

10 board members? And is it a "Company"? They've got more board members than the club. They should offer to meet them in Bedau! Sort it out once and for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    This is going to end with us back in red.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I think someone at the club doesn't like criticism.

The statement includes easily verifiable inaccuracies regarding the FSA.

CCST and CCSC are mentioned on the FSA website - Affiliates and associates - Football Supporters' Association (thefsa.org.uk)
    It may or may not be true that the Trust failed to meet the FCA's requirements. That the Club justified its actions as a response to the provocative letter by stating that the "failure" was 6 years ago but they decided to take action now after regular dialogue in the intervening period just comes over as petty and churlish!

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Oh bollocks to these cardiff city fans trying their best to promote ccfc in a positive way

In their spare time

Let's leave it to ccfc who when a multi racial painting of a cardiffian in a ccfc shirt appeared didn't want to be associated with it in case it caused ......reverse racism !

Down with the trust !

This club and a lot of its fans are a comedy act

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Oh bollocks to these cardiff city fans trying their best to promote ccfc in a positive way

In their spare time

Let's leave it to ccfc who when a multi racial painting of a cardiffian in a ccfc shirt appeared didn't want to be associated with it in case it caused ......reverse racism !

Down with the trust !

Yeh, reading their News page just recently they have been promoting how Cardiff fans can help support a local foodbank, the Ukraine Appeal and the March against Racism. Haven’t these nosey f*ckers got anything better to do with their time?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Yeh, reading their News page just recently they have been promoting how Cardiff fans can help support a local foodbank, the Ukraine Appeal and the March against Racism. Haven’t these nosey f*ckers got anything better to do with their time?
    I could do better says Mr A Hole , a regular contributor to CCMB

But he can't be bothered

Nor can his mates

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It may or may not be true that the Trust failed to meet the FCA's requirements. That the Club justified its actions as a response to the provocative letter by stating that the "failure" was 6 years ago but they decided to take action now after regular dialogue in the intervening period just comes over as petty and churlish!
    Deregistered for failure to submit their annual returns.
    https://mutuals.fca.org.uk/Search/Society/28230

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What a load of fuss over nothing. The vast majority of fans of all clubs, just want to go to games, hope for a win, or at least a good performance, then win lose or draw, discuss the game over a few beers afterwards.
    Supporters trusts, are made up of the small minority of nosey f*ckers who want to know the ins and outs of a cats arse.
    Because they pay to go to games, they feel as though they’ve got the right to be involved in how the club is run.
    Any supporter who thinks they aren’t just ‘customers’ are kidding themselves.
    Nosey f*ckers 😂

I mentioned earlier that he best you can hope given the ownership structure here is that a Trust can be a critical friend. It seems to me under that structure clubs take two roads. They either do the Jacks route sugaring the Trust members with enough seductive freebies that when it comes to selling out the Trust heirarchy don't realise that they've been conned until it's too late. Or you want to be seen as so independent that the club can swat you away like today's pronouncement. Either way the best that fans can hope for these days is to mould the edges.

It is a little ironic that the Derby County Trust appears to have a higher recognition with the FSA but didn't impede a 21 point deduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    This is going to end with us back in red.
    Back in the red??? Are we ever out of the red?

I could do better says Mr A Hole , a regular contributor to CCMB

But he can't be bothered

Nor can his mates
    You have no idea of who i am, or what i do for charity. That’s got nothing to do with you,
    You seem to appear in every thread on here spouting your nonsense. I stand by what i said. The majority of fans of all clubs just want to go to the game, then go home and get on with their lives till the next game.
    If you pay to go to the cinema every week, it doesn’t give you the right to stick your nose into how the Cinema is run. Why don’t you naff off and catch a trout. 👍

I attended the first Trust Meeting and became a member and then allowed my membership to lapse. My view then and since was that the membership was too small to make a significant impact. But good people kept trying and did achieve a dialogue and well done to them.
    I hadn’t realised that the Trust is no longer operating as it was although I am not sure that disqualifies it as an entity.
    Is it a “collective”. I think that depends on how many members there are now and how well it’s managed.
    Does CCFC have a supporters organisation that is large enough and structured to represent supporters in the way that the Trust, rather than Supporters Club would like. No. I genuinely look forward to being corrected.

You have no idea of who i am, or what i do for charity. That’s got nothing to do with you,
    You seem to appear in every thread on here spouting your nonsense. I stand by what i said. The majority of fans of all clubs just want to go to the game, then go home and get on with their lives till the next game.
    If you pay to go to the cinema every week, it doesn’t give you the right to stick your nose into how the Cinema is run. Why don’t you naff off and catch a trout. 👍
    Mr A Hole was not you Bill so chill out

In their spare time

Down with the trust !

As devil’s advocate, we all know the self important fans that have tried to work their way into the club for their own interests.

With issues with Sam in the past maybe that’s how it looks now

Mr A Hole was not you Bill so chill out
    Erm, I hope you realise I was being ironic and agreeing with you

How many members have they got out of a fan data base of around 200k ?
    200,000 fans? Is it mushroom season already?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    How dare anyone other than the official supporters club have an opinion. Know your place.
    The Supporters Club are only allowed to have the opinion they are told to have.

Partly the reason the Trust was set up in the first place.

If you pay to go to the cinema every week, it doesn’t give you the right to stick your nose into how the Cinema is run.
    Fair play, I haven’t heard the football club / cinema analogy in almost a decade. Who was it making that comparison back in 2012? Ah, yes, I remember….

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I attended the first Trust Meeting and became a member and then allowed my membership to lapse. My view then and since was that the membership was too small to make a significant impact. But good people kept trying and did achieve a dialogue and well done to them.
    I hadn’t realised that the Trust is no longer operating as it was although I am not sure that disqualifies it as an entity.
    Is it a “collective”. I think that depends on how many members there are now and how well it’s managed.
    Does CCFC have a supporters organisation that is large enough and structured to represent supporters in the way that the Trust, rather than Supporters Club would like. No. I genuinely look forward to being corrected.
    The first bit of this doesn’t make sense to me.
    Surely allowing your membership to lapse only made the Trust numbers smaller ?
    The Trust was set up to give supporters a voice.

As a fan base the response the club has given can only be expected if people can’t be arsed to be part of the body set up to represent them.

We get what we deserve 😕

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    200,000 fans? Is it mushroom season already?
    I was told that’s how many fans are on its database , as in purchased tickets , memberships, playoff finals etc

How is that not unrealistic?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    As devil’s advocate, we all know the self important fans that have tried to work their way into the club for their own interests.

The fans most against the trust were Sam's crew

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

These people in the Trust are voted in.
    Just like any other election, anyone who wants to be part of it can.

Sam’s crew were either self appointed or invited ( and that included myself for the meeting or 2 I attended).
    In his care it seemed it wasn’t to listen to the fans, but more to tell them what to think anyway 😉

This is very different.