+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Trust..CCFC big row brewing

Re: Trust..CCFC big row brewing

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Anyone know how many Trust members there are?

That letter wasnt great.

But to be written off as a small collective of individuals is a pretty poor response
    That's my view of them to be honest.
    Certain trust members have not helped themselves either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    **** me, are you on the Spice or something similar? Some of your posts spin me right out, God only knows what they do to you.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    That's my view of them to be honest.
    Certain trust members have not helped themselves either.
    In what respect, Stan?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Anyone know how many Trust members there are?

That letter wasnt great.

But to be written off as a small collective of individuals is a pretty poor response
    I think it was targeted at the Trust's leadership rather than its members. As a Trust member watching this exchange it is difficult to see how this can be reconciled without some changes either at the club or in the Trust as it is clear that relationships have broken down.

The key questions for me is whether this is just a small collection of individuals in each party who have an abrasive relationship or whether there is a more fundamental mindset at the club that questions the necessity of the Trust and it's ability to act as a critical friend and protector of fans' interests.

If it is the latter, and from the childish tone of the club's response it seems that way, then there is a more fundamental issue around the commitment of the club to work with its fan base and the community that seems misguided and narrow minded.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The trust letter has got the response it deserved from the club. It was rambling and poorly put together with contradictory sections. If it is true that they are not an officially recognised organisation and do not meet the basic requirement of such a group anyway, then they shouldn't even have written the letter on ‘our’ behalf in the first place. The official supporters club should now take up the reigns of representing us fans to the club and get more involved. I am all for open dialogue and fan representation on boards etc but it must be done properly and courteously through the correct channels.
    Reigns don’t you start writing any letters

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He's been resident there for a long time by all accounts (and the club's registrations at Companies House).

The owner lives in Kuala Lumpur, the Chairman lives in Monaco and the CEO lives in.... Brentford.
    At least the CEO’s local club had a decent season.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If Penarth is considered off sea then the answer is yes , is it a tax haven , is it a Welsh Monaco ?
    I think you’re referring to Tonaco. It’s just north of Llantrisant.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The trust letter has got the response it deserved from the club. It was rambling and poorly put together with contradictory sections. If it is true that they are not an officially recognised organisation and do not meet the basic requirement of such a group anyway, then they shouldn't even have written the letter on ‘our’ behalf in the first place. The official supporters club should now take up the reigns of representing us fans to the club and get more involved. I am all for open dialogue and fan representation on boards etc but it must be done properly and courteously through the correct channels.
    Well... what do know....?! We actually agree on something!!!

According to the letter the Trust is not a Trust at all. Are they misrepresenting their aims and objectives by purporting to represent a bona fide Trust and are they receiving subscription fees under false pretenses? I hope not. However, if true, it's a shame as some of the financial stuff emanating from the alleged Trust is of great value in reminding us meagre supporters of the financial state the club is in. On the face of it the club's response is entirely reasonable but perhaps there is a lot more to this than meets the eye.

Hmm...hard to know what to say about all this.
    To be honest, the tone, content and structure of the original letter was poor in all cases, though you could see what they were getting at. However it came across as a rant, and a pretty demanding rant at that. But the reaction of the club does seem a bit over the top - they seem to have simply swatted it aside, and with some derision.
    But...the points they (the club) make do deserve closer attention. They seem to be saying that the Trust is de-registered, and does not meet the FSA's minimum requirements, so is therefore not a recognised body - all fair enough. But you'd think that any group of fans deserves at least a courteous reply, and an explanation. Instead they go off on one.
    Now, the club is after all a private business, and they can run it however they please. And they seem happy enough to deal with the Supporters Club, so perhaps there is something else behind this retort. Is it a hangover from the Hammam days? Or is there something else going on here?

What a load of fuss over nothing. The vast majority of fans of all clubs, just want to go to games, hope for a win, or at least a good performance, then win lose or draw, discuss the game over a few beers afterwards.
    Supporters trusts, are made up of the small minority of nosey f*ckers who want to know the ins and outs of a cats arse.
    Because they pay to go to games, they feel as though they’ve got the right to be involved in how the club is run.
    Any supporter who thinks they aren’t just ‘customers’ are kidding themselves.

International

I wonder who actually wrote the thing!! I have my own thought on that}

Were other members of the trust consulted, let alone other supporters? Or was it written by a small group who consider themselves spokesmen for the supporters whether the supporters want them to be or not?

Cardiff City Supporters Club .......when asked to jump they say how high ?

I think if people had backed the trust in greater numbers in the first place this could mean something

But it means feck all

This is Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What a load of fuss over nothing. The vast majority of fans of all clubs, just want to go to games, hope for a win, or at least a good performance, then win lose or draw, discuss the game over a few beers afterwards.
    Supporters trusts, are made up of the small minority of nosey f*ckers who want to know the ins and outs of a cats arse.
    Because they pay to go to games, they feel as though they’ve got the right to be involved in how the club is run.
    Your not far wrong with that assessment, I’ve never seen anything from the trust apart from a poster on here who does commentary on HMRC filed accounts in respect of Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That's bollocks

They give up their spare time to try and create links between the fans and the club and have the best interests of the club at heart

In return for that they get abuse from fans who want ccfc to be great but are prepared to do the square root of f all

The work the trust did with trying to build links with the local community in Grangetown and Riverside was brilliant to be a part of but saddening to hear it was the first contact between ccfc and the local area since Jesus was a boy .

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Your not far wrong with that assessment, I’ve never seen anything from the trust apart from a poster on here who does commentary on HMRC filed accounts in respect of Cardiff City
    He's talking shite I am afraid

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If they are not officially recognised by the club, how is he ?

How many members have they got out of a fan data base of around 200k ?

Do not question Vincent! All attempts to question our fearless leader must be squashed!

If they ceased to become a recognised trust in 2016, how did this come about?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sludge the trust have little for the fans.
    Other than two things you mention what else?

Oh shit I have a feeling this could turn into a monty python sketch now.....
    Last edited by Nobody's Rep; 09-05-22 at 17:30. Reason: Typo

They don't now after our shitty fan base ignored the chance to get a voice

Feck em all

The Trust were behind the alternative blue shirt during the rebrand that raised funds for Ty Hafan.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wales Online’s take on it (that photo must have been taken a while ago).

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ponse-23905817
    Wednesday afternoon! I could have sworn it was Monday

The club will be tamping when they find all the letters Dai Hunt sent to the club.