+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Trust..CCFC big row brewing

Re: Trust..CCFC big row brewing

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What leads you to believe that it isn’t?
    I presume you have read the letter from CCFC which seemed believable to me at least. In case you haven't read the letter the following extract may help:

"The organisation known as Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust was de-registered as a mutual organisation/Trust from the Financial Conduct Authority in 2016 and does not meet the Football Supporters Associations (FSA’s) basic minimum requirements."

Of course there is always the possibility the club is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I presume you have read the letter from CCFC…..
    I read the statement from CCFC. It was bollocks.

I read the statement from CCFC. It was bollocks.
    So, in your view the Trust is a Trust. Fair enough but I'm not entirely sure that the "Trusts" response precisely contradicts the club's view as it states they are recognised as a group by the Football Supporters Association since it ceased to be a formal Mutual Society (whatever that means) and they are in the final stages of registration as a formal Community Society. No where does the "Trust" seem to actually deny that they are not a Trust but there is ambiguity because of the language used. In essence the club's original response (statement) is not "bollocks" in my view but is only "bollocks" in respect of the disrespect it shows to a group of fans.

This club is full of shit

No wonder many walked away after the red episode

This sort of bullying bullshit from the clowns running our football club make me wonder how many other of our most hard-core fans will thrown in the towel

It's an amateurish way for a professional organisation to behave

And the supporters club ? ........stooges

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    So, in your view the Trust is a Trust. Fair enough but I'm not entirely sure that the "Trusts" response precisely contradicts the club's view as it states they are recognised as a group by the Football Supporters Association since it ceased to be a formal Mutual Society (whatever that means) and they are in the final stages of registration as a formal Community Society. No where does the "Trust" seem to actually deny that they are not a Trust but there is ambiguity because of the language used. In essence the club's original response (statement) is not "bollocks" in my view but is only "bollocks" in respect of the disrespect it shows to a group of fans.
    Fair enough. In my view it’s just bollocks.

The club is now apparently refusing to recognise the Trust as an ‘official entity’ because of a deregistration that allegedly occurred in 2016. However, the club has had numerous dealings with the Trust since 2016. Also, I presume CCSC hold no such registration with the Financial Conduct Authority, and yet the club is content to recognise them as an official entity.

I wonder why that is?

I have a generally favourable view of the trust, and I've got no doubt that a lot of the criticism of the club is entirely warranted.
    However, writing an open letter to someone's boss complaining about a lack of response is probably not the best way of cultivating an ongoing relationship.
    if someone did that to my boss I would understandably be pissed off.
    I guess that it probably came out of frustration at a lack of engagement, but there are probably better ways of going about things.

I'm not really a fan of open letters in general tbh, they always come across as a bit self-important.

It’s not true at all. It’s absolute nonsense. Football supporters are not even close to being on a par with cinema goers.

Nobody ‘supports’ a cinema. Nobody travels all over the country (or Europe) supporting their local cinema while it competes with rival cinemas. Nobody buys cinema merchandise. Nobody joins a cinema supporters club. Nobody wears a replica cinema shirt. There are no cinema league tables, no cinema championships, no cinema play-offs, no cinema cup competitions. Nobody cares who manages a cinema or who works in a cinema. Nobody debates the merits or otherwise of cinemas on tv shows, radio shows, websites, podcasts, in newspapers, in magazines, in fanzines, etc, etc, etc.

Don’t tell me an intelligent guy like you ever really thought that football supporters are just like cinema goers?

You’re right to suggest that Cardiff City supporters are considered to be no more than customers by the current regime, but that’s certainly not been the case throughout the club’s history and it’s not the case at most professional football clubs either.
    That’s all very romantic, but you and i are still only customers at Cardiff City football club.
    By the way, Cineworld are above the Odeon on goal difference 👍

Fair enough. In my view it’s just bollocks.

The club is now apparently refusing to recognise the Trust as an ‘official entity’ because of a deregistration that allegedly occurred in 2016. However, the club has had numerous dealings with the Trust since 2016. Also, I presume CCSC hold no such registration with the Financial Conduct Authority, and yet the club is content to recognise them as an official entity.

I wonder why that is?
    I think this exchange is over. You asked me "what leads you to believe that it isn’t" a Trust? I have hopefully answered your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I have a generally favourable view of the trust, and I've got no doubt that a lot of the criticism of the club is entirely warranted.
    However, writing an open letter to someone's boss complaining about a lack of response is probably not the best way of cultivating an ongoing relationship.
    if someone did that to my boss I would understandably be pissed off.
    I guess that it probably came out of frustration at a lack of engagement, but there are probably better ways of going about things.

I'm not really a fan of open letters in general tbh, they always come across as a bit self-important.
    So if you work in a bank and someone writes to you complaining about the boss you would be pissed off ?

Wouldn't you just send the letter to the boss to deal with it ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So if you work in a bank and someone writes to you complaining about the boss you would be pissed off ?

Wouldn't you just send the letter to the boss to deal with it ?
    no, I think you've misunderstood here.

if someone wrote to my boss complaining about me then I'd be pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Supporting a football (other sports too) club is definitely a unique situation.
    Think you and the Gunman are making it out to be a ‘unique’ situation
    You pay your dough, have a few bevvies, go to the game, join in some childish chant’s, go berserk when they score, boo when they’re shite, more bevvy, then go home. Add on a few hrs to all that if you go to away games.
    Supporters wanting to poke their beaks into everything that goes on in the boardroom are maybe unique, but luckily thats only a few in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I fund the whole row strange.
    What is really behind it?
    A few folk on the outside, wanting to be on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    For somebody who only wants to go to games you have an awful lot to say on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Best post so far 👍
    Your standards aren’t very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    For somebody who only wants to go to games you have an awful lot to say on the matter.
    Your point is caller?

Your point is caller?
    Keep out of it nosey.

You pay your dough, have a few bevvies, go to the game, join in some childish chant’s, go berserk when they score, boo when they’re shite, more bevvy, then go home. Add on a few hrs to all that if you go to away games.
    Supporters wanting to poke their beaks into everything that goes on in the boardroom are maybe unique, but luckily thats only a few in the grand scheme of things.
    Of course it's a unique situation.
    The emotional attachment is colossal.
    Who would miss work and travel from South Wales to Middlesbrough on a Wednesday night for a nothing game if the emotional attachment wasn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Keep out of it nosey.
    Very droll. Must try harrder. 👍

But if they found something red hot you would be saying oh I always supported the trust .....

Very droll. Must try harrder. 👍
    Whatever happened to that black athlete wrongly stopped by the police that you said us whiteys were just supporting because it was trendy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Of course it's a unique situation.
    The emotional attachment is colossal.
    Who would miss work and travel from South Wales to Middlesbrough on a Wednesday night for a nothing game if the emotional attachment wasn't there?
    We’re going off on tangents now. “Massive emotional attachment” is a bit strong.
    It’s just a hobby, albeit expensive and time consuming, but still just a hobby.

Ladies and gentlemen this is why we have a shit trust

Our very own fans stabbing it in the back , from behind the bushes

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Whatever happened to that black athlete wrongly stopped by the police that you said us whiteys were just supporting because it was trendy ?
    Are you pissed this early in the day? You need to get a job 👍

Are you pissed this early in the day? You need to get a job 👍
    I remember well what you said as if we whiteys could not be offended by racism . Keep your ears to the ground .

Must try harrder. 👍
    Great comeback boss.