+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Trust..CCFC big row brewing

Re: Trust..CCFC big row brewing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are an embarrassment, doing the clubs dirty work for them

You lacky
    What , apart from organising travel and the kids Xmas party ....which they do well ...have the supporters club done in terms of .....good things in general ?

The Trust ran social nights all over South Wales , tried to engage the club with the local communities of Riverside, Grangetown and Butetown , attended the Grangetown Carnival , with a stall promoting the Trust and most importantly , ccfc

What have the supporters club and club done ?

U know nowt

we might see ourselves as more than customers but in the club’s eyes we’re not is probably the truth, and the same is true for most clubs these days (but not all)

I haven’t got the brain power to see how that fits into a cinema analogy sorry

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    we might see ourselves as more than customers but in the club’s eyes we’re not is probably the truth, and the same is true for most clubs these days (but not all)

I haven’t got the brain power to see how that fits into a cinema analogy sorry
    You don’t need much brain power to understand that, just because fans support a club both financially and emotionally, they are, at the end of the day, just customers, and unless they are shareholders, have no right to be involved in how the club is run from day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You don’t need much brain power to understand that, just because fans support a club both financially and emotionally, they are, at the end of the day, just customers, and unless they are shareholders, have no right to be involved in how the club is run from day to day.
    No but if my local Odeon took out the chairs and started releasing snakes into the cinema at random intervals I’d want to know who was making those decisions

You also don't need much brain power to understand that supporting a football club is nothing like visiting a cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You also don't need much brain power to understand that supporting a football club is nothing like visiting a cinema.

You pay to go to a cinema, and you pay to go to a game. You come out of both with an opinion on what you’ve just seen, then go home.
    That is what the analogy is alluding to, and you know it, you little tinker.
    Ps. If they changed the colour of the Cinema after say a 100 yrs, i wonder if folk would stop going?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No but if my local Odeon took out the chairs and started releasing snakes into the cinema at random intervals I’d want to know who was making those decisions
    I don’t thing that either of those 2 things have ever happened at any cinema in the world, but correct me if i’m wrong. 😂

If they changed the colour of the Cinema after say a 100 yrs, i wonder if folk would stop going?
    I doubt there are many cinemas still standing that were operating 100 years ago, let alone any that haven't had a paint job in the meantime.

Yesterday, I was listening to Ray Parlour telling a story about how one of his mates had to show his Spurs tattoo to his fellow fans to prove he was a Tottenham supporter after Parlour had picked him out in the away end during a North London derby. I thought of your (and Vincent's) dopey cinema analogy then.

I wonder if anyone has ever had an Odeon or Cineworld tattoo?

I doubt there are many cinemas still standing that were operating 100 years ago, let alone any that haven't had a paint job in the meantime.

Yesterday, I was listening to Ray Parlour telling a story about how one of his mates had to show his Spurs tattoo to his fellow fans to prove he was a Tottenham supporter after Parlour had picked him out in the away end during a North London derby. I thought of your (and Vincent's) dopey cinema analogy then.

Ah. So if you have a tattoo of your club, then that gives you the right to know the ins and outs of how the club is run, including it’s finances. Got you 👍

Ah. So if you have a tattoo of your club, then that gives you the right to know the ins and outs of how the club is run, including it’s finances. Got you
    I didn't say that, or anything close to that. I was merely demonstrating once more that your cinema analogy was daft.

Incidentally, a professional football club's finances are a matter of public record. The law dictates that a club's accounts must be filed on an annual basis.

I didn't say that, or anything close to that. I was merely demonstrating once more that your cinema analogy was daft.

Incidentally, a professional football club's finances are a matter of public record. The law dictates that a club's accounts must be filed on an annual basis.
    What i’m trying to say is the vast majority of fans of all clubs aren’t the slightest bit interested in anything other than the game on the day.
    Anyway, we’re just going tit for tat now, so you can reply if you want, and we’ll leave it at that 👍

A number of football clubs apparently disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    A number of football clubs apparently disagree with you.
    Well good for them. If they want to pander to their customers, then good on them,👍

What i’m trying to say is the vast majority of fans of all clubs aren’t the slightest bit interested in anything other than the game on the day.
    Anyway, we’re just going tit for tat now, so you can reply if you want, and we’ll leave it at that 👍
    Out of curiosity; do you post on the Odeon or Cineworld forums after each film to discuss the performance of the ushers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Out of curiosity; do you post on the Odeon or Cineworld forums after each film to discuss the performance of the ushers?
    That’s cute, but yet another missing the point.
    A customer is a customer.

There's no nuance then. A customer is a customer and all customers are the same. Fine.

Except the fact that every part of your analogy of football supporters being like cinema goers falls apart under the smallest bit of scrutiny.

Surely it’s you who’s missing the point. Then again I’m trying to imagine you singing, ‘In their Odeon slums’ or in Morrisons with an Asda bobble hat on singing, ‘They’re here, they’re there, they’re every f*cking where, empty shelves, empty shelves’.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Surely it’s you who’s missing the point. Then again I’m trying to imagine you singing, ‘In their Odeon slums’ or in Morrisons with an Asda bobble hat on singing, ‘They’re here, they’re there, they’re every f*cking where, empty shelves, empty shelves’.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve been travelling back to the Cardiff Odean for years now. Wouldn’t been seen dead in Cineworld Cheltenham.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I’ve been travelling back to the Cardiff Odean for years now. Wouldn’t been seen dead in Cineworld Cheltenham.
    Don’t blame you, the Kia-Ora is nowhere near the same quality.

The best firm were Embassy Bridgend Cinema Crew

Nobody came anywhere near us

Which is why it's now a car park

Everyone's missing the point except you ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Everyone's missing the point except you ?
    Do you think you are anything other than a customer at the CCS?

Good article on the club/Trust situation;-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ether-23947383

Was in a business meeting years ago with some seriously senior bod from Logitech, he was desperate for his brand to be on par and recognized like a sports team and how they could reduce the advertising to zero based purely on loyalty. He said only Harley Davidson had achieved that and would cry with joy if people started getting tattoos of Logitech.

The cinema analogy is sh1te by the way, all company's gather customer feedback and make changes, add product features to their backlog from suggestion of users. If Cardiff FC was a cinema its actually likely they'd need to listen more and act on customer feedback. All about the customer experience