Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Trust..CCFC big row brewing

Re: Trust..CCFC big row brewing

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Erm, I hope you realise I was being ironic and agreeing with you
    I know , old bill is on a mare

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    If they are not officially recognised by the club, how is he ?

How many members have they got out of a fan data base of around 200k ?
    They’ve only just said this because they’ve had a bit of criticism from the Trust representatives so are now taking their ball home
    Like going back to the Clemo years

I was told that’s how many fans are on its database , as in purchased tickets , memberships, playoff finals etc

How is that not unrealistic?
    There could indeed be 200,000 names on the club’s database. The list would include several friends and relatives of mine who are now dead and others who haven’t been to a game for many years.

If you genuinely believe CCFC has a fanbase that numbers anything like 200,000, you’re batshit crazy.

Your first paragraph is exactly what I meant …. 200k on a data base which includes email

Your first paragraph is exactly what I meant …. 200k on a data base.
    But so what? Why quote that figure when we all know it means nothing in reality?

I would say in todays tech world it’s means a fair bit.
    The database insights will give you a clearer plan for upselling and improving your business performance. A customer database also provides an opportunity to build rapport with your customers. You can inform them on product updates, new services, and communicate your strategies to keep them informed.

How many trust members are there anyway ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The Trust were behind the alternative blue shirt during the rebrand that raised funds for Ty Hafan.

Recently collections for the food banks, Ukraine,

Campaign for safe standing

They produce a magazine.

The Trust chairman produces the best financial analysis of our clubs accounts every year.

Helped with the March against racism

Raised money for the disabled supporters transport

Helped improve the memorial garden

They did have the occasional meeting with the club until theses were stopped.

Let’s face it apart from Dalman’s half hearted interviews full of contradiction and inaccuracies we are totally in the dark as to what’s going on. TBH I don’t think he’s that informed either .

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I really care about this club and want to know what the owners ( who themselves tell us are merely ‘custodians’ for the fans) plans are- as we haven’t got a clue .

I would say in todays tech world it’s means a fair bit. The database insights will give you a clearer plan for upselling and improving your business performance. A customer database also provides an opportunity to build rapport with your customers. You can inform them on product updates, new services, and communicate your strategies to keep them informed.
    Did you cut and paste that shite?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you want a link ?

https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/con...-good-database

But so what? Why quote that figure when we all know it means nothing in reality?
    I think I’m on there 3 times and so are probably quite a few dead people, Liverpool & Man U fans, egg chasers, wives, kids and neighbours who’ve absolutely no interest in the club whatsoever

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22T...performance%22

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

They produce a magazine.

The Trust chairman produces the best financial analysis of our clubs accounts every year.

Let’s face it apart from Dalman’s half hearted interviews full of contradiction and inaccuracies we are totally in the dark as to what’s going on. TBH I don’t think he’s that informed either .

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I really care about this club and want to know what the owners ( who themselves tell us are merely ‘custodians’ for the fans) plans are- as we haven’t got a clue .
    Yeah but apart from all that what have they done ?

Do you want a link ?
    No, I’d rather have a bit of whatever you’re smoking.

The first bit of this doesn’t make sense to me.
    Surely allowing your membership to lapse only made the Trust numbers smaller ?
    The Trust was set up to give supporters a voice.

As a fan base the response the club has given can only be expected if people can’t be arsed to be part of the body set up to represent them.

We get what we deserve 😕
    I'm not sure why it doesn't make sense to you. I said I let my membership lapse. I did not imply any criticism nor feel the need to explain why I let it lapse. That was my decision as it was mine to join. Of course it made the Trust even smaller than it was. In truth it was never very big and after the initial membership surge I think it would be fair to say it struggled to attract new members and batted above its representation.

They produce a magazine.

Top post.

The Trust’s open letter was clumsily written but the intent and the message was spot on.

I have been a Trust member from the start and really appreciate the unpaid and seemingly unvalued work that is put in by a small number of elected representatives. I should do more myself - but that feels difficult living over 200 miles from the stadium.

The club’s response is poor on every level. No attempt to respond to the contents and a brush off based on personal abuse and dismissing the Trust’s status - despite engaging with the Trust up to last year. There will be some happy clappy customers but otherwise it reads like another own goal.

That said I would like to know more about the club claims about the Trust status with the organisations it quoted and the reason for the breakdown in relationships last year.

The Trust is not in a strong position but it needs to come out with a response to the club statement - positive and respectful, but maintaining the challenge to Vincent Tan to improve governance and communication.

They produce a magazine.

Is Since62 part of the Trust?

That really sums up the trust well as it stands

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What a load of fuss over nothing. The vast majority of fans of all clubs, just want to go to games, hope for a win, or at least a good performance, then win lose or draw, discuss the game over a few beers afterwards.
    Supporters trusts, are made up of the small minority of nosey f*ckers who want to know the ins and outs of a cats arse.
    Because they pay to go to games, they feel as though they’ve got the right to be involved in how the club is run.
    Any supporter who thinks they aren’t just ‘customers’ are kidding themselves.
    This.

I'd wager the majority of fans of the club have no clue what the Trust is, what it does or who's on the board.

I also reckon the majority wouldn't know what our Chairmans name is.

Fair play, I haven’t heard the football club / cinema analogy in almost a decade. Who was it making that comparison back in 2012? Ah, yes, I remember….
    It’s true though. Don’t tell me an intelligent guy like you ever though you were anything else other than a customer?

These people in the Trust are voted in.
    Just like any other election, anyone who wants to be part of it can.

Sam’s crew were either self appointed or invited ( and that included myself for the meeting or 2 I attended).
    In his care it seemed it wasn’t to listen to the fans, but more to tell them what to think anyway 😉

This is very different.
    True re Sam. Fair play he was good at it though wasn't he? Ridsdale was also.

The current crop aren't even good at that. Dalman is a total clown and every time he speaks he just causes more confusion and chaos.

Surely the question re what the trust has done is the wrong question. The question should be what could be the trust be?

Maybe the club aren't so worried about what the trust has done but at what it could be and what it could expose?

Supporters club have their say

"Cardiff City Supporters club (CCSC) are aware of the recent issues highlighted on social media by the Cardiff City Supporters Trust and of the football clubs response. CCSC are unaware of the details surrounding these issues and therefore are unable to make any direct comment.

However as an organisation, CCSC has always had a healthy working relationship with the football club which has been cemented over the years by regular meetings with board members and senior staff at the club. These meetings have always facilitated honest, frank and respectful exchanges of views from both parties. The football club has provided us with regular opportunities to convey the views and concerns of both our members and fans in general, and we believe that they have where possible, taken these views into account.

As an organisation we have no issues with the current level of communication and relationship between ourselves and Cardiff City football Club"

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Surely the question re what the trust has done is the wrong question. The question should be what could be the trust be?

Maybe the club aren't so worried about what the trust has done but at what it could be and what it could expose?
    Or who the trust are in bed with

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yeah but apart from all that what have they done ?
    Wrote a letter

Am I right in thinking the Trust has been given access to a room under the Ninian stand for several seasons?
    Never many folk there, as I recall - but presumably the Club has continued to provide this facility (however small).

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It’s true though.
    It’s not true at all. It’s absolute nonsense. Football supporters are not even close to being on a par with cinema goers.

Nobody ‘supports’ a cinema. Nobody travels all over the country (or Europe) supporting their local cinema while it competes with rival cinemas. Nobody buys cinema merchandise. Nobody joins a cinema supporters club. Nobody wears a replica cinema shirt. There are no cinema league tables, no cinema championships, no cinema play-offs, no cinema cup competitions. Nobody cares who manages a cinema or who works in a cinema. Nobody debates the merits or otherwise of cinemas on tv shows, radio shows, websites, podcasts, in newspapers, in magazines, in fanzines, etc, etc, etc.

Don’t tell me an intelligent guy like you ever really thought that football supporters are just like cinema goers?

You’re right to suggest that Cardiff City supporters are considered to be no more than customers by the current regime, but that’s certainly not been the case throughout the club’s history and it’s not the case at most professional football clubs either.