+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone else think we seem to be doing well with injuries?

International

Anyone else think we seem to be doing well with injuries?

Almost every week Morrison says no injuries almost a full squad bar the long termers like Vassell, it can't be a coincidence, either the training is different or players really want to play for him?

Could it be that he makes plenty of team changes and takes players off at the right time?

Is it that he's positive doesn't make a fuss or dwell on them and doesn't use it as an excuse?

Whatever it is it seems to be working!

Re: Anyone else think we seem to be doing well with injuries?

well now you've f*cked it haven't you

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Almost every week Morrison says no injuries almost a full squad bar the long termers like Vassell, it can't be a coincidence, either the training is different or players really want to play for him?

Could it be that he makes plenty of team changes and takes players off at the right time?

Is it that he's positive doesn't make a fuss or dwell on them and doesn't use it as an excuse?

Whatever it is it seems to be working!
    Don'tttttttttttt!!!

Yes very interesting new trend from last managers era???

Morrison, Nelson, Doughty, Ralls, Watters? Pretty sure they’ve all picked up injuries in recent months.

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    well now you've f*cked it haven't you
    I hope not, you are always going to get some, but I think something must have changed

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Morrison, Nelson, Doughty, Ralls, Watters? Pretty sure they’ve all picked up injuries in recent months.
    True and Ratcliffe, some short term though, I think that's less than normal though isn't it?

Or it might be that Morison plays it down, so giving me the impression we have less?

True and Ratcliffe, some short term though, I think that's less than normal though isn't it?

Or it might be that Morison plays it down, so giving me the impression we have less?
    No idea to be honest. Perhaps it just seems like City pick up less injuries now that the likes of Tomlin and Johnny Williams aren’t in the squad….

even if we have got less at the moment, it'd be too early to tell whether that just happened by chance, or if the coaches are approaching things differently, if we have less injuries for a year or more then maybe.
    I doubt Morison himself is that clued up on arranging training to minimise injury, but perhaps he's more likely to take advice from others within the club with that expertise, than our previous old school managers (complete guess here, I could be miles off with that tbh).

I do remember an interesting comment from Morison after the Liverpool game, where he said that they were aware of the mental fatigue on the players after such a big event, even in those who hadn't played a full 90, so they would minimise the amount of instructions for the next game so as not to overload the players

Isaac Vassell is keeping all the squad injuries to himself

We appear to be a less physical side under Morison, that must be a direct correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Isaac Vassell is keeping all the squad injuries to himself
    Not knocking him, it must be shit for him being out for so long but, in games ratio, he must be up there with the most expensive players we’ve ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not knocking him, it must be shit for him being out for so long but, in games ratio, he must be up there with the most expensive players we’ve ever had.
    He cost us 2m in a transfer fee and played a total of 89 minutes for us, half of which in the EFL cup.

It'd be impressive if anyone has a worse ratio than that

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He cost us 2m in a transfer fee and played a total of 89 minutes for us, half of which in the EFL cup.

It'd be impressive if anyone has a worse ratio than that
    Andreas Cornelius played 254 minutes for us and cost us around £8m, so not far behind, although I think we did recoup SOME of that fee later

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Andreas Cornelius played 254 minutes for us and cost us around £8m, so not far behind, although I think we did recoup SOME of that fee later
    I wonder what Vassell’s wage is? I’m including that, must add up to a right few bob. Would there be an insurance to cover a long term injury, something that kicks in after a certain time? Saying that it’s an injury prone game so would any insurance company have such a policy unless there was a huge premium?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wonder what Vassell’s wage is? I’m including that, must add up to a right few bob. Would there be an insurance to cover a long term injury, something that kicks in after a certain time? Saying that it’s an injury prone game so would any insurance company have such a policy unless there was a huge premium?
    no idea. I wonder if he'll go on to another club or retire from the game after leaving us.

I hope he goes on to score a hatfull somewhere

International

It was pretty good all the time Morison was Manager wasn't it?

Probably because he made so many changes and geve players rest, or the training, but it feels like we had less injuries this secound half of the season?

It was pretty good all the time Morison was Manager wasn't it?

Probably because he made so many changes and geve players rest, or the training, but it feels like we had less injuries this secound half of the season?
    Isaak Davies, Ralls, Morrison and Doughty are all currently injured, aren't they? Not going to include Vassell for obvious reasons.

I don't remember thinking that injuries were more prevalent in the first half of the season.

Maybe there weren't so many injuries, because for most of the time, nobody was making any tackles...

International

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Maybe there weren't so many injuries, because for most of the time, nobody was making any tackles...
    You could have something there!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Isaak Davies, Ralls, Morrison and Doughty are all currently injured, aren't they? Not going to include Vassell for obvious reasons.

I don't remember thinking that injuries were more prevalent in the first half of the season.
    Fours not bad I think we used to get loads more? But maybe not?

Fours not bad I think we used to get loads more? But maybe not?
    Or Vaulks gets in there first! We've had a few nasty injuries this season but, by and large, the tippy tippy style produces fewer contacts and fewer injuries IMHO.