+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone been to see Real Betis before?

Anyone been to see Real Betis before?

I'm in Seville this weekend. Never been before. Thinking of taking in the Betis match. Anyone been to a match there?

Re: Anyone been to see Real Betis before?

I tried but couldn't get a ticket 😢

No, although I know the ground is now complete and three tiers all the way round. Looks very impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    I tried but couldn't get a ticket 😢
    Ah! Yeah - that could be a problem! The game is against Granada - and they appear to both still have things at stake at either end of the table. Plus it's the Andalusian derby - if that's even a thing!

I think I struggled because it was their first home game the season

I haven't been to Betis but Seville. Bought a ticket on their website, chose the seat (avoiding the ultras section) and printed at home. It was a Europa League game against an east European team so was relatively sedate. The stadium was ringed by snack stalls before the match - apparently it's a big thing over there. It was all fine. Probably not that different at Betis.

Seville wasn't the easiest place to get around but looks like there's a local train station near the stadium. Nice town; I especially liked the Metropol Parasol but I like that kind of thing. Have a great trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I haven't been to Betis but Seville. Bought a ticket on their website, chose the seat (avoiding the ultras section) and printed at home. It was a Europa League game against an east European team so was relatively sedate. The stadium was ringed by snack stalls before the match - apparently it's a big thing over there. It was all fine. Probably not that different at Betis.

Seville wasn't the easiest place to get around but looks like there's a local train station near the stadium. Nice town; I especially liked the Metropol Parasol but I like that kind of thing. Have a great trip!
    Thank you for the info!. There seem to be quite a few tickets left if I understand the website correctly. Maybe they are more generally available now that - as James points out - the stadium is complete.

Yes, very much looking forward to having a good explore around the City too.

Went there a number of years ago for a long weekend. Very interesting City and the trip along the river is worth doing (… and would be interested in knowing if all the abandoned buildings from the Seville Expo 1992 are still there).
    And if you’re a Star Wars fan, you definitely have to visit Plaza de Espana

Quote Originally Posted by MarcP View Post
    Went there a number of years ago for a long weekend. Very interesting City and the trip along the river is worth doing (… and would be interested in knowing if all the abandoned buildings from the Seville Expo 1992 are still there).
    And if you’re a Star Wars fan, you definitely have to visit Plaza de Espana
    Cheers. River trip sounds good. Just bought match tickets online too!

Lucky you’re going this weekend and not the weekend after. I’ve got a feeling Seville won’t be looking too pretty a couple of days after 150k+ Frankfurt and Rangers fans come to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Lucky you’re going this weekend and not the weekend after. I’ve got a feeling Seville won’t be looking too pretty a couple of days after 150k+ Frankfurt and Rangers fans come to town.
    Phew! Sound like my idea of hell.

I saw them batter Neath 7-0 at the Gnoll a few years back if that’s any use.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Try & conversion?

Yes, it's a great stadium, bigger than Seville's. Saw them play Athletic Bilbao, about 3 years ago, very exciting draw.

I still have a pin badge given to me by a Betis fan in a bar before the game.

Do go!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Try & conversion?
    Loosing Bonus Point that.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Loosing Bonus Point that.
    Well tighten it up then.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Phew! Sound like my idea of hell.
    That answers my , will you be staying for the final on Wednesday question?

I am still looking at travel options to get there.

I saw Neath losing 6-1 on aggregate to Norwegian side Aalesund there. Trundle played that day and I got the Norwegian fans to do the ayatollah for him. He lost his cool in the second half and told them to f*ck off and gave a victory sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I saw Neath losing 6-1 on aggregate to Norwegian side Aalesund there. Trundle played that day and I got the Norwegian fans to do the ayatollah for him. He lost his cool in the second half and told them to f*ck off and gave a victory sign.
    I was in Aalesund last week, very picturesque ground and town.

Are you sure that it wasn't Betis-Y-Coed?

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Yes, it's a great stadium, bigger than Seville's. Saw them play Athletic Bilbao, about 3 years ago, very exciting draw.

I still have a pin badge given to me by a Betis fan in a bar before the game.

Do go!

+5 CCMB points for correctly saying Athletic Bilbao and not Atletico or Athletico.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    +5 CCMB points for correctly saying Athletic Bilbao and not Atletico or Athletico.
    A number of months ago I was looking to find a stream for a Bayern Munich home game and was confused when I found an Italian website that referred to Monaco as playing at home that evening to the same opposition. It transpires that Munich/Monaco/München are cognate and pertain to monks and monastries - and the same goes for Mönchengladbach (previously known as Münchengladbach, 'bach' meaning stream or beck). And Borussia is the Latin word for Prussia.

I'm boring myself now....

Seville is a wonderful city.

My cousin (originally from Abergavenny) has lived there for the past 30 years, his son is a Real Betis season ticket holder.

You should be able to buy tickets online. Cheapest about €60 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen Bull View Post
    Seville is a wonderful city.

My cousin (originally from Abergavenny) has lived there for the past 30 years, his son is a Real Betis season ticket holder.

You should be able to buy tickets online. Cheapest about €60 I think.
    Cheers for all the info. Yeah buying on line was not a problem. Not cheap though. More in line with the EPL prices than the German ones I’ve become used to recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A number of months ago I was looking to find a stream for a Bayern Munich home game and was confused when I found an Italian website that referred to Monaco as playing at home that evening to the same opposition. It transpires that Munich/Monaco/München are cognate and pertain to monks and monastries - and the same goes for Mönchengladbach (previously known as Münchengladbach, 'bach' meaning stream or beck). And Borussia is the Latin word for Prussia.

I'm boring myself now....
    No, that is interesting. I like stuff like that, and it's what help makes football clubs and their identities more than just 11 blokes kicking a pigs bladder around..

Athletic Bilbao is an important one - based on who formed the club (English sailors) but also because Franco forced the club to change their name to Atletico

Athleeeeeeeeetic eup!!