+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Re: Bluebirds transfer rumours

And now this:

https://www.watfordfc.com/news/academy-stack-departs

Watford FC can confirm that Graham Stack has left his role as Head of Academy Goalkeeping.

The former Arsenal stopper - who also featured for the likes of Millwall, Hibernian and Barnet during a storied playing career - quickly made an impression after joining Watford’s coaching ranks in 2018.

The 40-year-old stepped up to lead the first team in four Premier League matches alongside Hayden Mullins during the 2019/20 campaign, and he regularly worked with the senior goalkeepers during Nigel Pearson’s time as Head Coach.

More recently he played his part in a successful 2021/22 Academy campaign, in which the Under-18s finished unbeaten in their final six matches and a handful of youth products progressed into the first-team set-up.

“We’d like to wish Graham all the very best for the next step in his coaching career,” said Hornets’ Chairman & CEO Scott Duxbury.

“Alongside Hayden Mullins, twice he stepped in to help coach the first team in difficult circumstances and proved a popular figure among the playing staff and other coaches, so I have no doubt he’ll be a great success in whatever he chooses to do next.”

He is a very funny guy. Some of the stories relating to him are legendary. Quite a few on here (I hope the link is correct): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8Dut_Obvc

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Sign Josh Laurent and all is forgiven.
    Damn he’s going to Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    It's always been the plan to sign 2 keepers this summer, our stats from a goalkeeping perspective last season were amongst the worst in the league.

As you said Phillips be moved on and one of the other 2 out on loan.

We've a new goalkeeping coach that should be announced imminently, seems a bit of a character! Stacks of experience.
    I see what you did there

http://sportwitness.co.uk/details-ca...dent-can-lure/

Details of Cardiff City offer to Gareth Bale revealed – Bluebirds ‘rather confident’ they can lure him

By Tom Coast -16th June 2022

It appears that Cardiff City have made their first move to try and entice Gareth Bale to move to back to Wales permanently.

The story, strangely enough, comes from France, where Foot Mercato published an article as an exclusive revealing the details of what the Championship side have put forward.

Talk of Bale potentially heading to Cardiff City has been rife even before his contract at Real Madrid ended, but there have been big question marks, especially when it comes to the wages the Bluebirds could offer him.

After all, the Welsh star has been used to a rather luxurious wage in Spain, and while he has made it clear on numerous occasions that money wasn’t the reason why he would choose his next club, he is also unlikely to play for free.

Numbers aren’t included in the article from Foot Mercato, but the website do reveal Cardiff City have offered Bale ‘a two-year contract with an option for an extra year’.

As for the forward, he ‘isn’t against’ the idea of returning to Wales, and is ‘taking more time to reflect’.

However, over at Cardiff City, they are ‘rather confident’.

Let’s see…

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    http://sportwitness.co.uk/details-ca...dent-can-lure/

Details of Cardiff City offer to Gareth Bale revealed – Bluebirds ‘rather confident’ they can lure him

By Tom Coast -16th June 2022

It appears that Cardiff City have made their first move to try and entice Gareth Bale to move to back to Wales permanently.

The story, strangely enough, comes from France, where Foot Mercato published an article as an exclusive revealing the details of what the Championship side have put forward.

Talk of Bale potentially heading to Cardiff City has been rife even before his contract at Real Madrid ended, but there have been big question marks, especially when it comes to the wages the Bluebirds could offer him.

After all, the Welsh star has been used to a rather luxurious wage in Spain, and while he has made it clear on numerous occasions that money wasn’t the reason why he would choose his next club, he is also unlikely to play for free.

Numbers aren’t included in the article from Foot Mercato, but the website do reveal Cardiff City have offered Bale ‘a two-year contract with an option for an extra year’.

As for the forward, he ‘isn’t against’ the idea of returning to Wales, and is ‘taking more time to reflect’.

However, over at Cardiff City, they are ‘rather confident’.

Let’s see…
    It's looking likely now, what an intersting season we are going to have, it will be a completely new team even if he doesn't come.

Movement on the Ramsey to Cardiff odds today, into 8/13.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...ransfer-window

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Movement on the Ramsey to Cardiff odds today, into 8/13.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...ransfer-window
    What is your gut (coupled with a hint or two of inside info)?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It's looking likely now, what an intersting season we are going to have, it will be a completely new team even if he doesn't come.
    Initially I though this story was bollocks when I read it yesterday, now I’m not so sure.
    I suspect it may have come via Dalman who lives in France.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    What is your gut (coupled with a hint or two of inside info)?
    Doing my best to not be emotionally attached lol, so no gut feeling.

Honestly have zero knowledge on either of them, it makes sense though, particularly in Bales case for the reasons I've said before.

Ramsey, his family are now back living here I believe and he didn't take them to Glasgow with him.

Middlesbrough are in talks to sign Wolves winger Ryan Giles on loan. #boro #wwfc

Weekly review 19 June 2022.

New signings up to eight with three more arrivals in the last week - but what's happening with Gareth Bale?

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Graham Stack confirmed as goalkeeping coach, and a new fitness coach https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-bath-24265568

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Graham Stack confirmed as goalkeeping coach, and a new fitness coach https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-bath-24265568
    Wilson is left field. Very interesting appointments. More evidence there is a plan!

This needs its own thread.

I was talking to a Cardiff City scout yesterday at a tournament and he asked me what I thought about possibly getting Bale.
    He then said that he’d been talking to someone at the stadium and seemed to think there was a good chance of it happening.
    All very vague and woolly, but interesting nonetheless.
    The news about Bale and Rambo potentially looking at doing their coaching badges with the FAW in Newport, also brings another interesting angle on this.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...citys-24269713

Sounds like Ralls will miss the start of pre-season, unless significant movement over next 24 hours.

I was under the impression that financial side of the deal was sorted months ago and that it would just be a formality. Perhaps there is a piece around seeing what our transfer activity looks like before he commits, however, I'm not sure we'll wait much longer.

I'd be loathed to lose him as we will have a big enough job on our hands as it is in terms of replacing and familiarising a whole squad, but think it's time for a decision one way or another.

I like that he wanted to see what our transfer activity looked like before deciding.

I don't like that he's seen all this transfer activity and still hasn't decided.

You're either in or you're out Joe, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I like that he wanted to see what our transfer activity looked like before deciding.

I don't like that he's seen all this transfer activity and still hasn't decided.

You're either in or you're out Joe, come on.
    Sounds like Ralls thinks he is better than he is. My bet is that not too many Championship clubs are interested and I couldn't care less whether he goes or stays. If Bale and Ramsey sign then I doubt whether Ralls would even get in the team and would have to wait to play when one of them is injured, which admitedley would be often. It's time for him to make up his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Sounds like Ralls thinks he is better than he is. My bet is that not too many Championship clubs are interested and I couldn't care less whether he goes or stays. If Bale and Ramsey sign then I doubt whether Ralls would even get in the team and would have to wait to play when one of them is injured, which admitedley would be often. It's time for him to make up his mind.
    falls would still get plenty of game time

If there weren't any Championship clubs interested, don't you'd think he'd have signed the deal? Ralls is a good player.

If it is true that Ralls is really wanting to see what the squad looks like before committing to City again, then you can’t blame him for not doing so yet can you? If we played all of next season with the just the current squad we’d go down wouldn’t we - where would the goals come from?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If it is true that Ralls is really wanting to see what the squad looks like before committing to City again, then you can’t blame him for not doing so yet can you? If we played all of next season with the just the current squad we’d go down wouldn’t we - where would the goals come from?
    The deadly combination of James Collins and Max Watters of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If there weren't any Championship clubs interested, don't you'd think he'd have signed the deal? Ralls is a good player.
    Respectfully that post makes no sense unless he's holding out for more money.

Respectfully that post makes no sense unless he's holding out for more money.
    You said there is no interest in Ralls, therefore he would sign the contract so he's the highest paid player at Cardiff. If there was interest in Ralls, he would weigh up his options, which he is doing.

Alfie Doughty signed for Luton from Stoke for 'an undisclosed fee'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61872971

He did OK for us when we wasn't injured - but not one I desperately wanted to see come back. No Drameh.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spor...oughty-7230900