+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Collins played 30 times in the Bundesliga 2 seasons ago. Let's hope he adapts a bit quicker to the Championship than the last player we signed from Germany...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Collins played 30 times in the Bundesliga 2 seasons ago..
    30 appearances in 2019/20 while SC Paderborn finished rock bottom of the Bundesliga, 19 appearances this season as they finished mid-table in 2. Bundesliga - the division Robert Glatzel has scored bags of goals in. Collins is 28 in August.

I’d say this is the least inspiring signing so far, but hopefully he’s being brought in mainly as cover for Bagan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    30 appearances in 2019/20 while SC Paderborn finished rock bottom of the Bundesliga, 19 appearances this season as they finished mid-table in 2. Bundesliga - the division Robert Glatzel has scored bags of goals in. Collins is 28 in August.

I’d say this is the least inspiring signing so far, but hopefully he’s being brought in mainly as cover for Bagan.
    This season he missed games due to AFCON, and also there was a contract dispute (ie he didn't want to sign one!). He's also made 7 starts fro Nigeria since the start of 2019 (and missed 2 because he had COVID). Glen Williams suggesting he's here because of his versatility, which suggests to me he is a squad player?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Collins played 30 times in the Bundesliga 2 seasons ago. Let's hope he adapts a bit quicker to the Championship than the last player we signed from Germany...
    And the one before that.