+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I'd take Grabban or Lyle Taylor - they'd be an upgrade on what we currently have. Both in their 30s but have decent goal scoring records and having a bit of experience up front wouldn't be a bad thing.

Not that it's going to happen but I just looked at some videos of Rhys Healey playing for Toulouse and, my word, he's some player now. There's lots of rumours of him moving back to the UK back it looks like Toulouse want a decent fee.
    I watched healy in 30+ games last season and he isn't the answer, OK he scored a lot of goals in comfortably the best team in tbe league, but the standard was awful and van bommen and spierings layed 10 chances a game on for him, whenever he didn't play ratao and oniawo scored those goals instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFLA View Post
    I watched healy in 30+ games last season and he isn't the answer, OK he scored a lot of goals in comfortably the best team in tbe league, but the standard was awful and van bommen and spierings layed 10 chances a game on for him, whenever he didn't play ratao and oniawo scored those goals instead.
    I'm 90% sure those names are made up players from Pro Evo 2

Tbf my spellings are probably way off but the mid season arrival of ratao just showed how interchangeable the forwards were with midfielders of that quality

Quote Originally Posted by TheFLA View Post
    I'll defer to your superior knowledge on that pair.

As another poster has said we might be waiting for other clubs in a bit of a transfer merry go-round which isn't ideal as often business isn't concluded until the season is underway and you often don't get your first choice targets. They've done brilliantly so far to get deals done early but I think who we get in to lead our line could make or break our season. At times last year we were creating lot but nobody was converting. Hope we can get someone in soon.