+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Re: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Huddersfield Town are in talks to sign Cardiff City winger Josh Murphy on a free transfer. A number of clubs have shown an interest in Murphy, but Huddersfield are leading the chase for his signature. #htafc #cardiffcity

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Huddersfield Town are in talks to sign Cardiff City winger Josh Murphy on a free transfer. A number of clubs have shown an interest in Murphy, but Huddersfield are leading the chase for his signature. #htafc #cardiffcity
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...r-josh-murphy/

The winger spent the 2021/22 campaign on loan at Preston North End – but managed just 14 appearances across all competitions for the Lancashire side as his campaign was blighted by injury.

Murphy returned to Cardiff before the Championship season even concluded – with a report from Lancs Live suggesting the star’s “punctuality” and “attitude” was a driving force behind that decision.

He failed to start a game for the Deepdale club.

If he ever got his head right and avoided niggling injuries he could still be a top player in the Championship.

I doubt it will happen, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...r-josh-murphy/

The winger spent the 2021/22 campaign on loan at Preston North End – but managed just 14 appearances across all competitions for the Lancashire side as his campaign was blighted by injury.

Murphy returned to Cardiff before the Championship season even concluded – with a report from Lancs Live suggesting the star’s “punctuality” and “attitude” was a driving force behind that decision.

He failed to start a game for the Deepdale club.

If he ever got his head right and avoided niggling injuries he could still be a top player in the Championship.

I doubt it will happen, though.
    Our third most expensive ever signing

Omar Bogle being touted as Dom Telford's replacement at Newport County.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/spo...y-move-3750104

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Our third most expensive ever signing
    Insane. What a waste, on so many levels!

Omar Bogle being touted as Dom Telford's replacement at Newport County.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/spo...y-move-3750104
    That dodgy website was saying County were going to pay £200,000 for some Chesterfield striker a couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That dodgy website was saying County were going to pay £200,000 for some Chesterfield striker a couple of days ago.
    Tshimanga cost Chesterfield more than that originally. Transfer Centre 9 or whatever it’s called is just a load of rubbish

would anyone on here welcome back Kenneth Zohore ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    No

Zohore was some of the best business we’ve done recently, when we sold him for 8 million.

C’mon City hurry up and sign someone. I’m missing the excitement of getting a notification on my phone from the City app to say that someone I’ve never heard of is now a Bluebird. Looking him up on Wiki and then his previous team’s messageboard to see if they are prepared to drive him here is all part of the experience. Unfortunately, it’s all gone quiet over there

I mean, no, but if you could guarantee he was going to be anything like his best for us then definitely - trouble is you can't

Five years ago I used to look forward to games because of Zohore, then he got injured and I don’t think he’s ever been the same again. There’s no earthly reason why he would recapture his 2017 form if he came back here - it’d be a huge risk and, for me, a sign they we were getting desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No
    Would ANYONE welcome back Kenneth Zohore? I think you forgot about DML. I mean the guy once kicked a ball in a city shirt, hence he is a god and beyond reproach.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    C’mon City hurry up and sign someone. I’m missing the excitement of getting a notification on my phone from the City app to say that someone I’ve never heard of is now a Bluebird. Looking him up on Wiki and then his previous team’s messageboard to see if they are prepared to drive him here is all part of the experience. Unfortunately, it’s all gone quiet over there

What's going on with Rambo?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What's going on with Rambo?
    He’s still not been paid up. Until that happens, nothing.

Has there been any word about George Ratcliffe?

The Retained List was published on 10 June - and it named 6 players from the first team and/or u23s who had been offered new deals: Joe Ralls, Caleb Hughes, Jac Clay, James Crole, Aiden MacNamara and George Ratcliffe.

The first five have all signed but I haven't seen anything about Ratcliffe. Is he a free agent as of today - and maybe doesn't fancy his chances of playing with four other first team keepers involved in pre-season?

The Retained List was published on 10 June - and it named 6 players from the first team and/or u23s who had been offered new deals: Joe Ralls, Caleb Hughes, Jac Clay, James Crole, Aiden MacNamara and George Ratcliffe.

The first five have all signed but I haven't seen anything about Ratcliffe. Is he a free agent as of today - and maybe doesn't fancy his chances of playing with four other first team keepers involved in pre-season?
    Luthra has been given the chances Ratcliffe hasn’t and is now with the first team squad up in Scotland. Based on their performances for the Under 23s last season, Luthra is no improvement on Ratcliffe, but it’s hard to see a future for the latter here now - there was a time when he was third choice keeper at the club, now I’d say he’s fifth in line.

Good point. I'd look elsewhere if I was him I think, looking at who's ahead of him in the pecking order.

Luthra has been given the chances Ratcliffe hasn’t and is now with the first team squad up in Scotland. Based on their performances for the Under 23s last season, Luthra is no improvement on Ratcliffe, but it’s hard to see a future for the latter here now - there was a time when he was third choice keeper at the club, now I’d say he’s fifth in line.
    Do you think Andy Dibble's departure has had any bearing on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Do you think Andy Dibble's departure has had any bearing on this?
    I’ve been told that Dibble’s departure was more to do with the older goalkeepers at the club, but I’m not sure how reliable that info is.

Weekly review 3 July 2022.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

None of my business I know, but out of curiosity, are you barnet blue on another City messageboard?

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    None of my business I know, but out of curiosity, are you barnet blue on another City messageboard?
    No, apart from one post on here as David Brent about twenty years ago, I've always posted as the other Bob Wilson on every City messageboard I've used.