+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Re: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, apart from one post on here as David Brent about twenty years ago, I've always posted as the other Bob Wilson on every City messageboard I've used.
    In that case barnet blue has copied your post and pasted it on another board as if they were his/her own words.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    In that case barnet blue has copied your post and pasted it on another board as if they were his/her own words.
    Not the first time it's happened to me or some others on here, I'm not that bothered about it, but they should acknowledge the source of the stuff they're putting in their own name.

Thanks for letting me know .

Not the first time it's happened to me or some others on here, I'm not that bothered about it, but they should acknowledge the source of the stuff they're putting in their own name.

Too true Bob. It happened to me a month or so ago. I was reading a post on the other board and thought it sounded familiar. Then I thought "hang on a minute".......!

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Too true Bob. It happened to me a month or so ago. I was reading a post on the other board and thought it sounded familiar. Then I thought "hang on a minute".......!
    Someone has posted on the messageboard in question pointing out this plagiarism. No doubt the person exposing barnetblue will get a ban!

No probs. 👍🏻
    The reason I noticed it, is because I was on an away trip just before covid lock-down and one of the coach organisers was saying about how Ratcliffe was looking likely to be one of those youngsters that has the ability to make it into the first team.
    Since then I have been looking out for his progress, and last season I noticed that he was beginning to make it into the pre-match goalkeeper warm up routine.
    However, it goes to show how fine the margins are in professional sport, because when he was about to be named as a substitute at the end if last season he got injured and the other recently signed youngster got his break instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Someone has posted on the messageboard in question pointing out this plagiarism. No doubt the person exposing barnetblue will get a ban!
    Just checked, and the culprit, if I can call him that was Loyal Blue. I suppose in a way I should feel flattered that some poster felt my post worth plagiarising.

Glen Williams says the club are confident of signing someone this week, and it probably won't be a centre back or a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Glen Williams says the club are confident of signing someone this week, and it probably won't be a centre back or a striker.
    more goalkeepers

Despite Wales Online pouring cold water on it yesterday, the Daily Mail is reporting that we’re still after Tyler Roberts.

Twitter getting excited over Romaine Sawyers but I haven’t seen a single reputable source.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Twitter getting excited over Romaine Sawyers but I haven’t seen a single reputable source.
    Think he’s probably out of our range when it comes to wages. He’s a player I would have liked to have seen us go after him at various times over the past three or four years, but we’ve got enough cover now in the position he plays haven’t we?

Think he’s probably out of our range when it comes to wages. He’s a player I would have liked to have seen us go after him at various times over the past three or four years, but we’ve got enough cover now in the position he plays haven’t we?
    Lettuce try and get him

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Lettuce try and get him
    yes hed be a little gem

I suppose in the summer we have lost pack, vaulks and bacuna and only brought in Adams and Rinomhota , but another first team CM would mean we have 6 including Wintle, ralls and King. will be difficult to get them all game time

Could Sawyers be more of a creative midfielder than our existing crop? Wiki (which is of course always right!) describes him as:
    Sawyers has a languid style of play, which can make him appear lazy at times despite statistics indicating a relatively high work rate. He can play as an attacking midfielder, playmaker or as a central midfielder. He played most his career as a 'number 10' under his former manager Dean Smith who managed him at Walsall and Brentford, before being converted into a central midfielder under Manager Thomas Frank at Brentford who also made him captain due to his leadership qualities. Sawyers is known for his ability to dictate games from midfield, his range of passing, and his ability to carry out successful difficult passes and help his team-mates start attacks."

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Could Sawyers be more of a creative midfielder than our existing crop? Wiki (which is of course always right!) describes him as:
    Sawyers has a languid style of play, which can make him appear lazy at times despite statistics indicating a relatively high work rate. He can play as an attacking midfielder, playmaker or as a central midfielder. He played most his career as a 'number 10' under his former manager Dean Smith who managed him at Walsall and Brentford, before being converted into a central midfielder under Manager Thomas Frank at Brentford who also made him captain due to his leadership qualities. Sawyers is known for his ability to dictate games from midfield, his range of passing, and his ability to carry out successful difficult passes and help his team-mates start attacks."
    He’s thirty one in November and a lot of midfielders who played in advanced positions in their early days tend to get that bit deeper as they grow older. I think he’s talented enough to play in the manner you describe mind and would probably be the one best suited to play there out of our central midfielders if he came here - still think we couldn’t afford his wages though.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-west-24393710

Cardiff City are interested in signing Romaine Sawyers, WalesOnline understands.

The former West Brom midfielder, who was on loan at Stoke City last term, is a free agent after leaving the The Hawthorns this summer following three seasons with the Midlands club.

Cardiff have already brought in nine players this summer, including two new central midfielders in Andy Rinomhota and Ebou Adams, while Joe Ralls feels like a new signing after pencilling a new contract and Ryan Wintle has had only half a season after his Blackpool loan last year.

But it was always a position in which Cardiff needed some serious numbers after the departures of Leandro Bacuna, Marlon Pack, Will Vaulks and Manchester City loanee Tommy Doyle. Sawyers, 30, boasts a wealth of Championship and Premier League experience and would add to the plentiful options Steve Morison currently has at his disposal.

It is understood Stoke, for whom he impressed last season, have also registered an interest in the midfielder.

Sawyers operates primarily as a more attacking midfielder than what Cardiff currently have at their disposal and that will likely be an attractive attribute for Morison and his recruitment team, who are keen to add some go-forward after successfully bolstering the back half of their team so far this summer.

The 27-cap St Kitts and Nevis international scored three goals and provided four assists for the Potters last season. Having come through the Baggies' youth system, he went on to impress for Walsall in League One and Brentford in the Championship before sealing a return home to The Hawthorns in 2019.

Ben Woodburn signs for Preston (1 year deal with 1 year option) - and also sign Robbie Brady (1 year deal)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62043680

Tommy Doyle joins Sheffield United (loan)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62043172

Shame we couldn’t get Doyle back.

Claims on social media that we've signed Sawyers, but it's on a Twitter site with 20 followers.

https://twitter.com/Insideclubs

Claims on social media that we've signed Sawyers, but it's on a Twitter site with 20 followers.

Where's Ccfcwelshlad when you need hin!!

Also making some claims about us 'working on a deal for Xavier Amaechi' on a free from Hamburger (agent trying to cancel last year of contract). Probably rubbish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_Amaechi

https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...ben-goodliffe/

Millwall and Cardiff City are chasing Sutton United defender Ben Goodliffe, Football Insider understands.

The Championship duo are both looking to bolster their centre-back options this summer and the 23-year-old fits the bill.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Millwall and Cardiff have registered their interest in former Tottenham and Wolves youngster Goodliffe.

The centre-back made 53 appearances across all competitions during the 2021-22 season.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...ben-goodliffe/

Millwall and Cardiff City are chasing Sutton United defender Ben Goodliffe, Football Insider understands.

The Championship duo are both looking to bolster their centre-back options this summer and the 23-year-old fits the bill.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Millwall and Cardiff have registered their interest in former Tottenham and Wolves youngster Goodliffe.

The centre-back made 53 appearances across all competitions during the 2021-22 season.
    Much preferred the Jarrad Branthwaite links.