+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Re: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What sort of midfielder is he?
    Really plays anywhere. This season he played as an emergency centre back alongside Andy Yiadom as all our centre backs were injured. He did well. He also spent a lot of time in his usual position at CDM alongside Andy Rinomhota and was really sloppy at times and gave away a few goals with some shocking passing.
    He also played box to box and ACM when Swift was injured.

He was terrific at CDM in 2020/21 and won PoTS. This season he has been patchy but did improve in the final months and scored a couple of crucial goals. He is definitely one the club will want to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Really plays anywhere. This season he played as an emergency centre back alongside Andy Yiadom as all our centre backs were injured. He did well. He also spent a lot of time in his usual position at CDM alongside Andy Rinomhota and was really sloppy at times and gave away a few goals with some shocking passing.
    He also played box to box and ACM when Swift was injured.

He was terrific at CDM in 2020/21 and won PoTS. This season he has been patchy but did improve in the final months and scored a couple of crucial goals. He is definitely one the club will want to keep.
    Is he better than Bacuna?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Three seasons with Forest Green:

2019/20 - 10 yellow cards
    2020/21 - 10 yellow cards, 3 reds
    2021/22 - 15 yellow cards, 1 red

I'm guessing he's competitive.

I’ve seen him play quite a lot and he’s never really impressed me. I think most of the cards are more because he loses control of the ball rather than being competitive. He tries to play football but gives the ball away far too often. I don’t see what he would bring to the club, he wouldn’t be in my choice of FGR players, Kane Wilson, Matt Stevens & Nicky Cadden would be, with Wilson the stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I’ve seen him play quite a lot and he’s never really impressed me. I think most of the cards are more because he loses control of the ball rather than being competitive. He tries to play football but gives the ball away far too often. I don’t see what he would bring to the club, he wouldn’t be in my choice of FGR players, Kane Wilson, Matt Stevens & Nicky Cadden would be, with Wilson the stand out.
    I agree, not one I can get too excited about. Judging by what you say about his skill levels, Warnock would have loved him, hopefully the same doesn’t apply to Morison.

Mind you, I have read Blackpool are interested in him and Critchley does seem a good judge of a player - apart from Gary Madine.

Is he better than Bacuna?
    Good god yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Good god yes.
    With the coaching we have at the club, we'll soon sort that out, should he come here

Gavin Bazunu

Man City keeper been on loan at Portsmouth.

Morison mentioned good links with Man City etc and he won't get any regular game time there, maybe worth a look?

James Collins to Bristol Rovers

Max Watters to MK Dons

Sam Bowen permanent deal to Newport according to a Newport fan on Facebook yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post

Max Watters to MK Dons

Sam Bowen permanent deal to Newport according to a Newport fan on Facebook yesterday
    if they aren't part of the first team plans here than those all look like decent moves for them

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post

Max Watters to MK Dons

Bowen to Newport being confirmed by WOL, plus Evans to be loaned and no to McLelland https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...gster-23947989

I really don't get why Bowen wasn't given a chance by Morison

Hopefully he gets games for Newport

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, not one I can get too excited about. Judging by what you say about his skill levels, Warnock would have loved him, hopefully the same doesn’t apply to Morison.

Mind you, I have read Blackpool are interested in him and Critchley does seem a good judge of a player - apart from Gary Madine.
    Why would you say that about Madine at Blackpool ? Whatever people might think about his time here, he has been a success and a good signing for Blackpool - 18 goals in 64 games is by no means shabby. Perhaps Critchley knows rather more about Madines quality than you and a number of other posters appear to.

Ebou Adams has been signed!

It begins!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

I’m sure he will. Rowberry has been chasing him since it become clear he was not part of Morisons plans.

A couple of other League 1 and 2 clubs enquired but he knows Rowberry well and it’s a move that suits player and manager.

Dissapointing end to his 15 year long relationship with the club but he will be glad to be away from Morison I am sure. Hopefully he will kick on and prove him wrong.

Ebou Adams has been signed!

It begins!
    Good start

He didn't understand the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why would you say that about Madine at Blackpool ? Whatever people might think about his time here, he has been a success and a good signing for Blackpool - 18 goals in 64 games is by no means shabby. Perhaps Critchley knows rather more about Madines quality than you and a number of other posters appear to.
    I was joking.

I’d like to think he could do a job similar to what Sheehan did for County. Think it’s a good move for Bowen to a club whose manager clearly appreciates him.

Gavin Bazunu

Man City keeper been on loan at Portsmouth.

Morison mentioned good links with Man City etc and he won't get any regular game time there, maybe worth a look?
    Think we already got 2 keepers lined up.

Be shocked if we dont bring someone in from Man City given their thoughts around how well we've done with Doyle, but wouldn't expect we'll use up a loan on a GK.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d like to think he could do a job similar to what Sheehan did for County. Think it’s a good move for Bowen to a club whose manager clearly appreciates him.
    Both player and manger know what they are getting. Rowberry has chased him since the January window and was keen to get deal done asap. Rowberry showing such desire to sign him and Bowen being a Newport boy it makes sense. Other L1 and L2 clubs interested but he knows he’s going to be a big part of Rowberry plans. Could have gone to a L1 club and maybe not have been as key to managers plans than he will be under Rowberry.

He’s 21 he’s got to kick on his senior career now. No point looking back.

Hopefully be a spring board and get himself back up the levels.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Think we already got 2 keepers lined up.

Be shocked if we dont bring someone in from Man City given their thoughts around how well we've done with Doyle, but wouldn't expect we'll use up a loan on a GK.
    I'm just throwing names out there, I expect we will sign the lad Alnwick as it doesn't seem to he going away, who's the other?

Have I missed something, normally clubs start releasing their retained lists by now. There will be more quality players released this year than normal. There’s going to be a queue waiting.

Bale 1/3 on to sign for City (I thought of putting a laughing emoji in, but something stopped me - blind optimism of the dml variety I suppose).

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...y-now-23952148

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Have I missed something, normally clubs start releasing their retained lists by now. There will be more quality players released this year than normal. There’s going to be a queue waiting.
    Considering the manager said everyone being released was told before the Derby game I don’t know why there has been no formal accounts kent yet.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Considering the manager said everyone being released was told before the Derby game I don’t know why there has been no formal accounts kent yet.
    Think probably deadlines in place for players offered new contracts and want to do it in a clean sweep. No reason we couldn't just release the list and add a line saying 'contracts have been offered to ..... and negotiations continue', like some other clubs have though.