+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Re: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Finally we have a name to think about. Could Cole Stockton be our new striker?

Help us join the dots together, mate - who is linking us to this player?

A few on the Morecombe forum think he's off but no clue who's in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    A few on the Morecombe forum think he's off but no clue who's in for him.
    It looks like he’s contracted until next summer according to Wikipedia, but he’s not signing a deal they offered him this summer. Therefore, it seems that they’d want a fee for him.

Also, I’ve only seen him linked with Rotherham.

Finally we have a name to think about. Could Cole Stockton be our new striker?

He looks good on Youtube but, then again, don't they all. Even if it's not true a bit of unfounded speculation is better than none at all so thanks for this

Hmmm …. One good season (but hell of a season) after a decade of little in the way of goals but he does look like a Morison type striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Hmmm …. One good season (but hell of a season) after a decade of little in the way of goals but he does look like a Morison type striker.
    It looks like he also has the physicality of a Jordan Hugill type striker.
    However, as already been pointed out earlier, there doesn’t appear to be any linkage with the City other than he has turned down a contract, and we need a striker.

Looks like another wannabe journalist on twitter, making stuff up.

I think they were referring to this tweet:

But the same account (19 followers) said Grabban to WBA was done two days ago and apparently there are two PL clubs interested in Colwill.

I may have had a mare but in my defence, I WANT US TO SIGN A STRIKER RIGHT NOW PLEASE!

Pretty sure theres a striker lined up for a loan that the parent club wanted to take on pre season with them. I get the impression from Morison interview that is still the case. Would explain lack of movement if we have a guarantee of something.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Pretty sure theres a striker lined up for a loan that the parent club wanted to take on pre season with them. I get the impression from Morison interview that is still the case. Would explain lack of movement if we have a guarantee of something.
    Not the young kid from Arsenal who went to Boro last season?

Folarin Balogun. He’s in the US with the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Not the young kid from Arsenal who went to Boro last season?

Folarin Balogun. He’s in the US with the first team.
    Ellis Simms innit

Ellis Simms innit
    No clue who Simms is.

Edit: ahh the lad from Everton.
    https://dailycannon.com/2022/07/fola...n-options/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    No clue who Simms is.

Edit: ahh the lad from Everton.
    https://dailycannon.com/2022/07/fola...n-options/amp/
    I like the look of simms, but that doesn't really stack up with what Morison was saying about smaller fast guys being able to give you a presence up front, or something like that.

Balogun is more proven as well, there must be a dozen other possibilities as well though

So much good work done early in the window but going into our last friendly with no strikers is just bad. Surely not even dml1364 can be happy with this?

I hope theres more than one coming in, I can't believe that were reliant on one striker who has gone on a pre season tour with his parent club, before going out on loan for a season.

If it is the case let's hope he doesn't pick up an injury

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I hope theres more than one coming in, I can't believe that were reliant on one striker who has gone on a pre season tour with his parent club, before going out on loan for a season.

If it is the case let's hope he doesn't pick up an injury
    It's quite possible we'll bring another non-striker in over next few days.

Can only hope we are not being led down the garden path with regards to strikers, we've pulled out of other deals taking too long so I presume we have assurances and it's just a matter of timing being right.

What position would that be?
    I still think we need to strikers

It's quite possible we'll bring another non-striker in over next few days.

Can only hope we are not being led down the garden path with regards to strikers, we've pulled out of other deals taking too long so I presume we have assurances and it's just a matter of timing being right.
    That’s got to be that Ajax guy

I can only imagine he’s holding out to get someone in on loan but that may after 2-3 games down

So much good work done early in the window but going into our last friendly with no strikers is just bad. Surely not even dml1364 can be happy with this?
    It is a bit mad isn't it. We're left with Watters, who Morison clearly hasn't fancied up to this point, so I'd be surprised if anything bar necessity has changed his mind now, and Harris, who is neither a striker nor a Championship-standard footballer. If we don't get someone with an eye for goal in next week, Norwich are likely to dick us I'd suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    What position would that be?
    I still think we need to strikers
    Another attacking player just not a striker. Not sure how far down line it is as was told there's other interest.

We will bring at least 1 out and out striker in. Given the amount of options we're accumulating in other positions I'd be shocked if we didn't want 2.

Another attacking player just not a striker. Not sure how far down line it is as was told there's other interest.

We will bring at least 1 out and out striker in. Given the amount of options we're accumulating in other positions I'd be shocked if we didn't want 2.
    Really appreciate the updates

Another winger would be great. Would be able to rotate nicely based on form.

It makes sense, a winger in, and Whyte moved on

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Darren Witcoop is usually very good.

He is not a fake

You keep saying that we have no strikers but we have. Watters is looking better every game as well. You appear desperate to sign anybody, no matter who he is, how good he is or whether he will fit in to how we want to play. That is a recipe for disaster. There are 39 days left in the transfer window and everybody wants strikers. Also how we get on against Norwich is not going to be decided by who plays up front - it is midfield where it will be won or lost and we are looking good in that department. Stop panicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Darren Witcoop is usually very good.

He is not a fake
    He works for the company that runs WOL. Nuff said.