+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Re: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It does seem possible, probably is what's happening but I just thought because of the level he's come from I thought they may try him in the u23 first, but he's going to have a full pre season to show what he can do so you may well be spot on.
    WOL are saying he's joining the 1st team squad (so it must be true!)

Expect the average age of the first team to be lower and the knock on effect will see 17 to 19 years olds in the u23 squad.

Any player in their 20s should be able to sit on the bench at least

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Spoken like you'd heard of him before you read this thread.

Fair play.

yes, that was the joke

Spoken like you'd heard of him before you read this thread.

Fair play.

It's been written in enough places. Information is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes, that was the joke
    I took your post for what it was.

If you was joking fair enough, but the info you stated is all over the internet. You wouldn't really have to be joking to state it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Expect the average age of the first team to be lower and the knock on effect will see 17 to 19 years olds in the u23 squad.

Any player in their 20s should be able to sit on the bench at least
    And eat their dinner from a high chair, without wearing a bib

Well we are getting our business done early.

I dont think ive seen any of these players and in fact cant say id heard of any of them until about a month ago.

Lets hope Morison and our scouting system has done a good job.

Morisons going to have no excuses when kick off comes.

That goal the article talks about is on the end of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnU-...nel=Bundesliga

Clearly one of the players Steve Morison was talking about when he said there were a couple that would have supporters looking at Wikipedia entries - Collins'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamilu_Collins

says he has eleven caps for Nigeria, whereas the article says he has twenty five, but it looks like the Wikipedia entry is out of date.

Like each of our signings so far, it's hard to know what to expect from them - I'd not heard of Jamilu Collins until this morning, but I'd say his CV suggests he is someone who will be able to cope with Championship football.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Club saving money on the printing of names on shirts.
    One Collins in, one Collins out

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Makes not one bit of sense.

That's why we signed Perry Ng, too.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    That's why we signed Perry Ng, too.
    can also convert those into Tom Sang shirts

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That goal the article talks about is on the end of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnU-...nel=Bundesliga

Clearly one of the players Steve Morison was talking about when he said there were a couple that would have supporters looking at Wikipedia entries - Collins'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamilu_Collins

says he has eleven caps for Nigeria, whereas the article says he has twenty five, but it looks like the Wikipedia entry is out of date.

Like each of our signings so far, it's hard to know what to expect from them - I'd not heard of Jamilu Collins until this morning, but I'd say his CV suggests he is someone who will be able to cope with Championship football.
    After watching the goal, why am I left thinking “He’s got a foot like a traction engine”?

Signing all these lower league players, journeymen and unheard of foreigners will either be a stroke of genius or end in relegation. Maybe they will come later in the window but we’ve got to sign some proven players as well.

Collins played 30 times in the Bundesliga 2 seasons ago. Let's hope he adapts a bit quicker to the Championship than the last player we signed from Germany...

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Signing all these lower league players, journeymen and unheard of foreigners will either be a stroke of genius or end in relegation. Maybe they will come later in the window but we’ve got to sign some proven players as well.
    I've said for a while that if you keep signing League 1 and 2 players (or poor/old Championship ones) you'll end up with a League 1 or 2 side. Not strictly true if you sign the best ones but last year we flirted with relegation.

To be fair he's got lots to sign to make up the numbers and at least he's getting in early, unlike some years when we're still faffing around in August.

I always remind myself that this board is not generally how the stadium feels on match days - it helps me a lot and I remain "excited" for the season ahead 👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Makes not one bit of sense.

That’s most probably because you haven’t had your second cup of coffee and are not fully awake yet

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Collins played 30 times in the Bundesliga 2 seasons ago..
    30 appearances in 2019/20 while SC Paderborn finished rock bottom of the Bundesliga, 19 appearances this season as they finished mid-table in 2. Bundesliga - the division Robert Glatzel has scored bags of goals in. Collins is 28 in August.

I’d say this is the least inspiring signing so far, but hopefully he’s being brought in mainly as cover for Bagan.

That’s most probably because you haven’t had your second cup of coffee and are not fully awake yet
    I am nearly home from work, I most definitely am on the ball today.

30 appearances in 2019/20 while SC Paderborn finished rock bottom of the Bundesliga, 19 appearances this season as they finished mid-table in 2. Bundesliga - the division Robert Glatzel has scored bags of goals in. Collins is 28 in August.

I’d say this is the least inspiring signing so far, but hopefully he’s being brought in mainly as cover for Bagan.
    This season he missed games due to AFCON, and also there was a contract dispute (ie he didn't want to sign one!). He's also made 7 starts fro Nigeria since the start of 2019 (and missed 2 because he had COVID). Glen Williams suggesting he's here because of his versatility, which suggests to me he is a squad player?

We have a lot of players to get in with no money apparently.

I can't say I'm excited by any of the signings but given I've seen none of them play at all I also can't be too disappointed yet.

At least from what I understand of them there will be more pace in the team. So the football might be poor still but at least it won't be so slow.

Hopefully we can get a few decent loans towards the end of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I always remind myself that this board is not generally how the stadium feels on match days - it helps me a lot and I remain "excited" for the season ahead 👍👍
    I've been excited every pre season since 1959 it's what silly supporters do!

Seems to be plenty of talent floating about

https://the72.co.uk/273495/comment-q...t-this-summer/