+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Re: Bluebirds transfer rumours

See Spurs have signed Ivan Perisic after missing out on Ollie Tanner.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Big mistake!

That's one hell of a shift in replacement levels

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Big mistake!
    Exactly, Len Fairclough went downhill rapidly after failing to land Elsie, history repeating itself regarding the Tanners.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly, Len Fairclough went downhill rapidly after failing to land Elsie, history repeating itself regarding the Tanners.
    Think you will find that no bigger scout than Tommy Steele reckons Perisic is only half the player Ollie will be!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Think you will find that no bigger scout than Tommy Steele reckons Perisic is only half the player Ollie will be!
    Let’s hope he’s better than half a (David) Penn(e)y

Anyone under sixty reading the last few messages must be thinking what are the old fogeys talking about now?

Anyone under sixty reading the last few messages must be thinking what are the old fogeys talking about now?
    Have I had my dinner?

Haven’t watched since the days of Eddie Yates!

There are people under 60 that use this board? I thought we made the Readers Digest crew look spritely. Ever wonder why people get your 60s and 70's quiz questions first?

Earlier in the summer, us, Bristol and Forest were all linked with Kane Wilson from Forest green on a free - I wonder if Forest going up will have increased or decreased our chances of getting him?
    You'd have thought they'll try to keep Djed Spence now they're uup - and Wilson might not fancy playing second fiddle?

So, into June and still no retained list - a sign that our summer rebuild is not going as well as expected or, more likely in my opinion, efforts to keep one or two (can't believe it'd be more than that) out of contract players on are proving more problematical than anticipated?

I’m guessing that the one or two we may have made offers to are holding out for better offers elsewhere. Whether they get any better offers elsewhere is the question, although I hope we don’t miss out on any potential targets due to the delay.

Hopefully, the club has put a time limit on how long it’s willing to wait, so they can move on if required.

I thought Morison said the contracts would only be on offer for so long and we won’t be held to ransom.
    Players either want to be part of the project or they don’t. Something along those lines.

Very naive of him really. As someone who has only just finished playing he should know players still hold the power and will be trying to get the best deal for themselves. Can’t blame them really.

Andre Gray anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Andre Gray anyone?
    No thanks.

So, into June and still no retained list - a sign that our summer rebuild is not going as well as expected or, more likely in my opinion, efforts to keep one or two (can't believe it'd be more than that) out of contract players on are proving more problematical than anticipated?
    Surely this is just about it being in the public domain as it has been submitted to the EFL in May and they will publish it in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Surely this is just about it being in the public domain as it has been submitted to the EFL in May and they will publish it in a few weeks
    Yes.

No big deal.

I think a lot of (non-international) players are away on holiday at the moment. There seem to be some weddings, too.
    Just dare to dream that if Bale does come to us, what it would do to aid our recruitment!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    seems like a good move for all parties

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    This is good news for all concerned. JR will bring Chanka on and it can only be a good move.

Everything linked to our summer transfer moves is connected to the result of the Wales game on Sunday. If Wales win, and qualify, then ...well, you know what happens then. Lose, and instead, we can get on with the usual recruitment. So until that's sorted, we're not doing anything.