+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Toulouse have just signed a new striker and there seems to be noise about Rhys Healey moving to the Championship. Would we have the funds as they would surely want a fair bit of cash for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Toulouse have just signed a new striker and there seems to be noise about Rhys Healey moving to the Championship. Would we have the funds as they would surely want a fair bit of cash for him.
    It's an interesting thought. Kind of hilarious that we'd be struggling with cash to get him back after all this time. I think he'd do well in a Morison side (waste of time with Warnock). I admire the fact he's gone on and improved.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Short answer to that would be no I’d guess.

a few we'd struggle to afford -
    Glatzel, Burgstaller, Cornelius

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    a few we'd struggle to afford -
    Glatzel, Burgstaller, Cornelius
    We can't even afford Gary Madine!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Couple of ex-Bluebirds mentioned in last few posts. Wonder if we'll pick ourselves one up soon..
    Sheyi Ojo?!?!

Mixed feelings if it is. Not sure he adds to the “athleticism” we’re going for. But then it’s not like we’re rich with options.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Sheyi Ojo?!?!

Mixed feelings if it is. Not sure he adds to the “athleticism” we’re going for. But then it’s not like we’re rich with options.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Liverpool.html

Poor BLUETIT

This has made my day

I might be in the minority but I liked Ojo.

Bluetit slagged him off before he signed and is too stubborn to ever change his opinion.

Good signing on a free imo.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

Bluetit slagged him off before he signed and is too stubborn to ever change his opinion.

I’d never heard of him until he signed, I started slagging him off because of his lack of positional sense and the defensive side of his game.
    He cost us no end of goals by not tracking back

If as a 26 year old, he has suddenly become a more all round footballer and team player, I’ll be the first to congratulate him, but he’s done nothing of note in his career.
    I wait with bated breath for this rejuvenated player

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If as a 26 year old, he has suddenly become a more all round footballer and team player, I’ll be the first to congratulate him, but he’s done nothing of note in his career.
    I wait with bated breath for this rejuvenated player
    he's 25

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he's 25
    Into his 26th year

He can’t improve as a 25 year old as he’s 25 now

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

I agree. I liked him and his goal assist ratio was probably better than anyone aside from Moore and Wilson over recent years. I think he was playing off the striker for Millwall too, so another option.

Sounds like Collins to Derby is done also.

Just saw that he had the highest passing percentage on our team that year. And just like that, I’m back on the hype train

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Just saw that he had the highest passing percentage on our team that year. And just like that, I’m back on the hype train
    Score or assists 1 in 4 games at this level.

Fifteen games, no goals for Millwall last season, but he was injured for a spell - as things stand, I can see him playing more through the middle.

He gives us options, for me Sawyers and Colwill are competing for the number 10 slot, we just need two strikers now and an experienced centre half.

Also need to move out Collins , Harris and Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fifteen games, no goals for Millwall last season, but he was injured for a spell - as things stand, I can see him playing more through the middle.
    I was in London working last week for a few days and was out to lunch with a Millwall fan. He mentioned Ojo; and was hoping to bring him back. Said he was a real bright spark before his injury and was playing more as #10 than a winger.

3 years seems a long contract but it mightve been what convinced him as apparently considerable other interest. If he gets his head down and works hard could be a real good signing.

I was in London working last week for a few days and was out to lunch with a Millwall fan. He mentioned Ojo; and was hoping to bring him back. Said he was a real bright spark before his injury and was playing more as #10 than a winger.

3 years seems a long contract but it mightve been what convinced him as apparently considerable other interest. If he gets his head down and works hard could be a real good signing.
    Think O'Dowda, Tanner and now Ojo suggests that Steve Morison wants a combination of pace and power from any winger types he uses - Ojo was a frustrating mix for us in 20/21, but the same could be said of Wilson to a degree and I think you have to concede that we've been a tough team for players like them to prosper in during the last few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think O'Dowda, Tanner and now Ojo suggests that Steve Morison wants a combination of pace and power from any winger types he uses - Ojo was a frustrating mix for us in 20/21, but the same could be said of Wilson to a degree and I think you have to concede that we've been a tough team for players like them to prosper in during the last few seasons.
    May our long throw tactics RIP

5 goals and 7 assists for us when he was here wasn't too bad

It feels like we have plenty of midfield and attacking options - too many, if anything - just not centre forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    He gives us options, for me Sawyers and Colwill are competing for the number 10 slot, we just need two strikers now and an experienced centre half.

Also need to move out Collins , Harris and Phillips
    Be shocked if Harris goes but Collins and Phillips will be inevitable I'd presume.

Be shocked if Harris goes but Collins and Phillips will be inevitable I'd presume.
    James Collins to Derby, possibly today on a free transfer. 2 year deal mentioned by the media reports.