+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Re: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Under contract with West Brom until 2024, so, presumably, it would be a loan.
    https://twitter.com/JosephMasi_Star/...L09W6XaRg&s=19

Seems so.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Few words from my West Brom mate…

Strong, ball player, quick

Always got a mistake in him

Too laid back, bad attitude

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Few words from my West Brom mate…

Strong, ball player, quick

Always got a mistake in him

Too laid back, bad attitude
    You could be describing Sol Bamba except for the bad attitude bit-should fit right in.

the only annoying part is if he gets it together and fulfills his potential here then we almost certainly won't get him back

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    You could be describing Sol Bamba except for the bad attitude bit-should fit right in.
    Bamba a quick ball player?

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Was it Ipswich away ?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Cedric Kipre sounds like could be the next one. Named on Twitter by WBA reporter. Presume the CB we were close to from established prem club isn't happening.
    Any clues as to who that was going to be or where from?

Just some of the things being said about us after the Kipre news:

“ Cardiff are gunna struggle👍 no chance all these players click”

“Quantity over quality”

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Personally over the moon with Morison's work this transfer window. I believe we've beaten multiple clubs to some good Championship players and without throwing silly money at them. Not all are going to be stars but it'll be exciting to see who is!

Saying that however, he's left with the most important piece of the puzzle and it would be a massive shame if we don't get it right up top. Morison talks about how important it is to get the ball back immediately after losing it. How's a 35 year old going to do that? It feels like that's all there is available and that the Championship quality 25-28 year old strikers on a free don't exist like they do in other positions.

I want Watters to have his chances but we need a better striker so we can win every game 4-3.
    Whilst I think I agree, no offence but a lot of conjecture there. No idea what wages were paying or how wanted they were. It's the easiest window ever to pick up players with no transfer fee. Every club from the middle of the PL slashing their budgets and spending really.

We just got to hope we've picked up the right players and personally, I think his choices so far seem pretty good

There's a clear style developing, unlike when we hit the premier league, built on size and physicality and then purchase Bobby ****ing Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Just some of the things being said about us after the Kipre news:

“ Cardiff are gunna struggle�� no chance all these players click”

“Quantity over quality”
    Who said that?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Whilst I think I agree, no offence but a lot of conjecture there. No idea what wages were paying or how wanted they were. It's the easiest window ever to pick up players with no transfer fee. Every club from the middle of the PL slashing their budgets and spending really.

We just got to hope we've picked up the right players and personally, I think his choices so far seem pretty good

There's a clear style developing, unlike when we hit the premier league, built on size and physicality and then purchase Bobby ****ing Reid.
    Oh no definitely, which is why I said “I believe” and “some”. The reason I do believe is because I’ve seen other clubs linked with some of the players we’ve signed and I do believe the cost cutting to be real.

Interesting about this being the easiest window, hadn’t crossed my mind. It’s been wild so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Who said that?
    No one important. Twitterverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Lyle Taylor being mentioned
    No thanks

WoL are reporting that we are taking Cedric Kipre, of West Bromwich Albion, on a season-long loan. He is a centre back and doesn't seem to have covered himself in glory anywhere that he's played.

I'd take Grabban or Lyle Taylor - they'd be an upgrade on what we currently have. Both in their 30s but have decent goal scoring records and having a bit of experience up front wouldn't be a bad thing.

Not that it's going to happen but I just looked at some videos of Rhys Healey playing for Toulouse and, my word, he's some player now. There's lots of rumours of him moving back to the UK back it looks like Toulouse want a decent fee.

I wonder if Morison is waiting for other clubs to sign the striker they want to make another available. I’m sure Norwich will sign a striker so makes you wonder if Hugill would be available, if he happy with him and another.

Looks as if we've signed this centre half from WBA, on loan, which leaves a striker or two.
    Really dont fancy those mentioned from Notts Forest. Surely we can do better. With 4 loans still up for grabs, Morison must have an eye on a Premier loan.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I'd take Grabban or Lyle Taylor - they'd be an upgrade on what we currently have. Both in their 30s but have decent goal scoring records and having a bit of experience up front wouldn't be a bad thing.

Not that it's going to happen but I just looked at some videos of Rhys Healey playing for Toulouse and, my word, he's some player now. There's lots of rumours of him moving back to the UK back it looks like Toulouse want a decent fee.
    I watched healy in 30+ games last season and he isn't the answer, OK he scored a lot of goals in comfortably the best team in tbe league, but the standard was awful and van bommen and spierings layed 10 chances a game on for him, whenever he didn't play ratao and oniawo scored those goals instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Looks as if we've signed this centre half from WBA, on loan, which leaves a striker or two.
    Really dont fancy those mentioned from Notts Forest. Surely we can do better. With 4 loans still up for grabs, Morison must have an eye on a Premier loan.
    I'm sure he might have his eye on some, just who can we persuade to come here and be within our budget

Quote Originally Posted by TheFLA View Post
    I watched healy in 30+ games last season and he isn't the answer, OK he scored a lot of goals in comfortably the best team in tbe league, but the standard was awful and van bommen and spierings layed 10 chances a game on for him, whenever he didn't play ratao and oniawo scored those goals instead.
    I'm 90% sure those names are made up players from Pro Evo 2

Tbf my spellings are probably way off but the mid season arrival of ratao just showed how interchangeable the forwards were with midfielders of that quality

Quote Originally Posted by TheFLA View Post
    I'll defer to your superior knowledge on that pair.

As another poster has said we might be waiting for other clubs in a bit of a transfer merry go-round which isn't ideal as often business isn't concluded until the season is underway and you often don't get your first choice targets. They've done brilliantly so far to get deals done early but I think who we get in to lead our line could make or break our season. At times last year we were creating lot but nobody was converting. Hope we can get someone in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm sure he might have his eye on some, just who can we persuade to come here and be within our budget
    Looks likely: https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2022/...e-joseph-masi/

Finally we have a name to think about. Could Cole Stockton be our new striker?