+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Re: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Morison said something about not wanting 32, 33 and 34 year old strikers.
    Absolutely have to agree with that and the rest of his comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Absolutely have to agree with that and the rest of his comments.
    In general yes, but I think you can afford one or two exceptions in a squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    In general yes, but I think you can afford one or two exceptions in a squad.
    Like Sawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Like Sawyers.
    or Bale

or Bale
    God dammit, what could have been.

This time last year, Tom Davies was playing for the first team, wonder how far he is down the pecking order now?
    He must be in contention if we can't get someone in by Saturday? Aren't there rules regarding how long you have to recover from a concussion?

We saw that Ng isn't comfortable at left back. The only option I can see other than Davies would be messing the defence around or shoving Ralls/O'Dowda out there

Morison said something about not wanting 32, 33 and 34 year old strikers.
    Matej Vydra - 30? Knows the division, not prolific - think he’s back from injury but clubless? Might be wanting a lower premier league club…

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Matej Vydra - 30? Knows the division, not prolific - think he’s back from injury but clubless? Might be wanting a lower premier league club…
    think he's expected to be back in October ish

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He must be in contention if we can't get someone in by Saturday? Aren't there rules regarding how long you have to recover from a concussion?

We saw that Ng isn't comfortable at left back. The only option I can see other than Davies would be messing the defence around or shoving Ralls/O'Dowda out there
    I think it is 7 days, it is 14 for normal people. Some rubbish that because they're elite sportspeople they can recover faster, which is absolute cobblers. If it is 7 days, Bagan can't play.

I'd play O'Dowda there. Bit of a waste but we've got enough wingers and we lose loads not having a left footer at left back. Also means we can keep Ng at CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think it is 7 days, it is 14 for normal people. Some rubbish that because they're elite sportspeople they can recover faster, which is absolute cobblers. If it is 7 days, Bagan can't play.

I'd play O'Dowda there. Bit of a waste but we've got enough wingers and we lose loads not having a left footer at left back. Also means we can keep Ng at CB.
    yep I'd go with o'dowda and when he inevitably gets injured 8 seconds into the game I'd bring tom Davies on

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Ng at centre back is a must, not at all impressed by Simpson and Kipre seemed off it when he was moved to the other side

The issue I have with moving O'Dowda is he's one of our best attacking outlets and he would be wasted at left back, Davies may be inexperienced but he is a left back and I don't recall him looking hugely out of his depth when he played under Mick

Ng at centre back is a must, not at all impressed by Simpson and Kipre seemed off it when he was moved to the other side

The issue I have with moving O'Dowda is he's one of our best attacking outlets and he would be wasted at left back, Davies may be inexperienced but he is a left back and I don't recall him looking hugely out of his depth when he played under Mick
    I think it was the rearranging of the back four that caused us the most problems yesterday. Putting O'Dowda at left back would have meant less disruption as both Ng and Kipre didn't look comfortable in their new positions.

International

Jamal Lowe, loan rumour on twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Please no

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Please no
    Desparation point must be approaching!

Hopefully aiming higher, but a planZ.

at least he's scored at the CCS

Much, much better than what we've got.

A few weeks ago I'd have said no thanks. Now though, he'd improve us at least.

Burnley, Watford, Norwich and Sunderland all linked too.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    A few weeks ago I'd have said no thanks. Now though, he'd improve us at least.

Burnley, Watford, Norwich and Sunderland all linked too.
    We've got to get someone, but by that list so does everyone else!

International

Cardiff City transfer news Live: Updates as Norwich City striker Jordan Hugill's future shrouded in mystery

Cardiff City have nine days to solve their striker issue.

Manager Steve Morison has brought in 15 players this summer in a complete squad overhaul which has had promising signs so far.

The defeat to Bristol City, though, showed where the Bluebirds are lacking - namely in the final third. They created chances at Ashton Gate but couldn't convert them.

Former loan man Jordan Hugill could be available, with Norwich City manager Dean Smith unsure of what will happen with the forward come deadline day.

We'll have the latest Cardiff transfer gossip for you throughout the day.

Hugill latest
    We reported yesterday Dean Smith's quotes on Hugill's future in Norfolk, but for those who missed them, here they are.

"We're not looking to lose any players, that's for sure," he said, speaking ahead of Norwich's Carabao Cup tie with Bournemouth at Carrow Road this evening (Tuesday). "I said there might come a point in this window when players who are not playing might want to go elsewhere. We would assess that and decide whether it is the right thing to do for the football club. That’s the most important thing."

When asked specifically on Hugill's future, he added: "I don't know. Jordan [Hugill] will be available for the squad on Tuesday, he might go and score a hat-trick and all of a sudden he puts his name down and takes his opportunity. And that is what I want at this club."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-24828323

We've got to get someone, but by that list so does everyone else!
    Everyone's after strikers it seems

Tom Davies is going to be a good player, probably better than Bagan. Though, I'm not sure that our current back 4 is an ideal place to blood an 18 year old!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Everyone's after strikers it seems
    But not as much as the team that’s scored three in six.

But not as much as the team that’s scored three in six.
    Preston have only scored 1 in the league, and conceded 0.

Preston have only scored 1 in the league, and conceded 0.
    They scored four in the League Cup.