+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Re: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Much, much better than what we've got.
    He's a second striker or a winger though and we've already got plenty of those. He mostly played up front alongside Ayew for the Jacks.

Nkounku a left back from Everton ex Marseille on loan from Everton on social media

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Nkounku a left back from Everton ex Marseille on loan from Everton on social media
    looks like a decent player

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    looks like a decent player
    23 games for Standard Liege last season as a 21yo, so no mug.

Happy Transfer Deadline Day to all!

Is it too dramatic to say that the next few hours will make or break our season?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Happy Transfer Deadline Day to all!

Is it too dramatic to say that the next few hours will make or break our season?
    I’m certain we won’t go down and also one striker won’t propel us into the top 6.

We’re doing nothing this season whatever happens in the next few hours

Two forwards in could make all the difference, between being in the bottom third to competing around the top 6,
    Hopefully we can offload a few out on loan or free transfers as well, Watters, Harris, and Nelson, going out as a priority and Denham on loan to get games under his belt

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I’m certain we won’t go down and also one striker won’t propel us into the top 6.

We’re doing nothing this season whatever happens in the next few hours
    I don't share your optimism - we been dropping like a stone lately, if we don't get a couple in and the teams confidence drops we could be in a relegation scrap as early as next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I don't share your optimism - we been dropping like a stone lately, if we don't get a couple in and the teams confidence drops we could be in a relegation scrap as early as next month.
    Agree.

Top 6 or even close seems very far fetched unless we are signing top players at this level.

A couple of decent additions may get us a nice comfy mid table spot though.

Sign no one, or no one that improves on what we have and I believe it will be another scrap even if it's all a bit neater between either box.

Understand a lot of the criticism around the striker situation, hopefully today ends with us nailing a decent forward (or 2) which justifies the wait and us being 'choosy'. If we dont it won't be for a lack of effort I'm sure.

I think losing out on Delap was a real hammer blow but he's not set the world alight at Stoke just yet.

A name that's just popped up is Theo Walcott

Theo Walcott 😂😂😂

Has he played in the last 3 years?
    Is he going to play for a tenth of his current wages in a league he probably considers beneath him?

Surprised he’s not in the USA or Middle East

International

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Theo Walcott ������

Has he played in the last 3 years?
    Is he going to play for a tenth of his current wages in a league he probably considers beneath him?

Surprised he’s not in the USA or Middle East

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...swoop-24901594

Cardiff City have reportedly shown an 'initial interest' in Southampton forward Theo Walcott.

The Daily Telegraph claim the 33-year-old could well be on the move on deadline day, adding the Bluebirds have shown an 'initial interest', although a number of other suitors are expected to take a look at the former Arsenal man.

WalesOnline understands that while Cardiff have made an initial enquiry, the prospect of a move to the capital is highly unlikely, although given he's yet to earn a single minute of senior football this season, an exit from St Mary's could still be on the cards.

READ MORE:Cardiff City transfer deadline day Live: Updates as Bluebirds in race to sign West Brom's Callum Robinson

Cardiff are clearly on the hunt for a new striker before deadline day is out, with their shortcomings in the final third exposed once again during the 2-1 defeat at home to Luton Town.

Callum Robinson, Kemar Roofe and Jordan Hugill are among the other names suggested heading into the final hours of the window, and Morison himself insisting the Bluebirds will be doing everything they can to bring someone on board, having been frustrated in their pursuit of several others.

"Sam Surridge is not available," Morison said when asked about the club's striker search. "Liam Delap is someone we looked at, he picked Stoke over us and West Brom. Ellis Simms was someone we looked at but he picked Sunderland over us.

"We have been close. We just haven't got one. The words people going on about, we have been working our behinds off since April last year, hence why we have got the amount of players we have got in.

"Summer holiday... what was a summer holiday? Holidays were sitting up at 4am in the morning, talking to the board while I'm in America, trying to get a player through the door. To keep using the phrases people keep using about us in our hunt for a striker is a bit disrespectful, because we are working as hard as anyone in the Football League to bring someone in.

"If they do, then great, if not then we crack on because that is life."

Kemar Roofe will never happen, considering Rangers need him as Morelos could be out the door.

I know our foreign imports don't often work out but all these linked and that Morrison mentioned has missing out on are in this country.

I know we picked up Collins but I do wonder what our European scouting is like or is it just a case that it adds more hurdles to jump getting them over.

Alright that's that then.

Next name to be linked please guv.

It's all very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I know our foreign imports don't often work out but all these linked and that Morrison mentioned has missing out on are in this country.

I know we picked up Collins but I do wonder what our European scouting is like or is it just a case that it adds more hurdles to jump getting them over.
    Really difficult due to change in work permits/visas.

Collins got through by a tiny margin apparently.

Glen Williams optimistic on Robinson https://mobile.twitter.com/GlenWilli...68893157015553

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Glen Williams optimistic on Robinson https://mobile.twitter.com/GlenWilli...68893157015553
    I'd be happy with this and Hugil as we definitely need two.

A post on that Twitter link indicates West Brom are looking into the possibility of recalling Kipre. I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    A post on that Twitter link indicates West Brom are looking into the possibility of recalling Kipre. I hope not.
    Pretty sure they could only recall in January. I can't see we'd be agreeing to cancel the agreement at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I'd be happy with this and Hugil as we definitely need two.
    Me too

Have also been told that this is in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Pretty sure they could only recall in January. I can't see we'd be agreeing to cancel the agreement at this stage.
    Think you're right. Baggies fans were wondering about it because Ajayi is injured, but I don't think they can recall Kipre.