+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Champions League Final on TV........or not

Champions League Final on TV........or not

I was going to invite some friends around to watch the game (and I won't say 'for a soirée' as one poster on here thought I was being pretentious rather than ironic by using that word) and just realised that it's not yet scheduled to be on terrestrial TV. I know that BT, who owns the rights to broadcasting the game in the UK, chose to make it free-to-air last season but no such announcement has yet been made this time around.

Re: Champions League Final on TV........or not

I think it's free on YouTube

C'mon Real Madrid. Smash 'em again in the final!

would bale get a winners medal if madrid win?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    C'mon Real Madrid. Smash 'em again in the final!
    That doesn’t answer the old fruits question.

BT have shown it free on YouTube every season since having it I think. I guess they don’t like to advertise it too far in advance as they are hoping people will choose to take out a package with them to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    BT have shown it free on YouTube every season since having it I think. I guess they don’t like to advertise it too far in advance as they are hoping people will choose to take out a package with them to watch it.
    Good point, old fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He’s made 2 CL appearances in this campaign so I guess so

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    More importantly, is he a BT subscriber so that he can watch the game?

I think I've watched each CL final since it's moved to BT, despite not having BT Sport.

They've used a channel on Freeview called BT Showcase, or Channel 100 on Virgin which Virgin use mainly for advertising themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That doesn’t answer the old fruits question.
    You are quite right there, it doesn't

I'm just voicing my opinion on the game.

I will never, ever forget the last Final between Liverpool & R. Madrid. Watched it in a packed put in Zooprt with 200+ locals all cheering Liverpool on!! Even booing Bale when he got the ball. Probably the same dipsticks would be chanting 'Viva Gareth Bale' at Wales games. Oh how I laughed when he scored...

I will never, ever forget the last Final between Liverpool & R. Madrid. Watched it in a packed put in Zooprt with 200+ locals all cheering Liverpool on!! Even booing Bale when he got the ball. Probably the same dipsticks would be chanting 'Viva Gareth Bale' at Wales games. Oh how I laughed when he scored...
    😂👍

I watched it in a pub in Manchester, very Blue leaning pub. One bloke cheered when Liverpool scored, dear God the death stares he got. Bale was a hero in there that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I was going to invite some friends around to watch the game (and I won't say 'for a soirée' as one poster on here thought I was being pretentious rather than ironic by using that word) and just realised that it's not yet scheduled to be on terrestrial TV. I know that BT, who owns the rights to broadcasting the game in the UK, chose to make it free-to-air last season but no such announcement has yet been made this time around.
    I'm very sworry to hear about your unfortunate ironic pretentiousness.